Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=263765a332531c5723084b1edb5da30bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Possible B-wing Pilot Helmets...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> B-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G'nott sH'urr (David Campbell)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found Feirfeks pep file and im considering going that route.

NCOIC, "GUNNY" Marine Detachment Barbarossa
David, Louisiana's first Visitor.
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's an option. Do note that it will need a few modifications to be accurate. It's not a very accurate model, but it's somewhat close.

And thanks for the link, Birgle38. I'll take a look. Smile

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I think that I've found a way to do the helmet and chestbox and not have to split either of them in half. Rotocasting. I didn't really know much about it and assumed that it wouldn't be possible for me without a machine, but after watching this video it seems like this would be perfect. I could cast the helmet as one piece and the chestbox, too (albeit with a hole in the back).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAU3NGI-ZDo

Now that I'm finally nearing the end of my Jedi costume I'll be able to work on the helmet and make a new chestbox. I need to make some new greeblies for the helmet but I'm kind of waiting until the Star Wars Costumes book comes out to see if it has any decent pictures so I don't end up having to remake the greeblies again.

I sure wish I could find some decent pictures of the helmet and chestbox greeblies for the various styles as well as the flak vest greeblies (and a decent picture of the back of the flak vest)... x.x

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Howlrunner ()

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I've wanted a B-Wing helmet for a long time. Very Happy
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully things will go smoothly and I'll be able to bust out a few. That video makes it look pretty simple so... here's hoping. Heh.

Just gotta find some greeblie pictures now...

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
Dart ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw this thread.

Dude, you've gotta do this helmet. I've been looking for one of these for a while.

What greeblies are on the helmet? I've got a few of the original and commonly used model kit pieces... I might be able to help you out.

Andry : )
ywingfighter (Frank)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woo hoo woo hoo This are great news Alex! I am very interessted for!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dart wrote:
Just saw this thread.

Dude, you've gotta do this helmet. I've been looking for one of these for a while.

What greeblies are on the helmet? I've got a few of the original and commonly used model kit pieces... I might be able to help you out.
I'm not really sure what the greeblies the helmet has were original (if they were from a model kit, a car, scratch-built, or what) and a couple I'm not entirely positive what they look like because of of pictures that aren't clear, so I've tried to make the greeblies as close I could as to what I could see.

Honestly, I wish I knew what more of the greeblies really were, it would make my life a lot easier. Razz

ywingfighter wrote:
woo hoo woo hoo This are great news Alex! I am very interessted for!

Well, if all goes well I'll be able to make a few. The "rotocast" by hand seems easy enough. I've been working on my Jedi quite a bit the past while so hopefully I'll get it finished within the next couple weeks...

I'm trying to get my Jedi done by mid-September. After that I can devote more time to the B-wing stuff. (And hopefully the Star Wars Costumes book in October will have some good pictures.)

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
Kallabeccani (Angela Basinger)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also interested in this build as I have a love of the B-17 bomber of WWII that led me to loving the B-wing of Star Wars and even flew one in the Star Wars Galaxies game. So I am a little partial to the B-wing and am very interested in doing this in the future.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, good old Star Wars Galaxies... I miss that game. I had a B-wing as well, and I had a suit that looked as close to a B-wing pilot as I could (though there was the white B-wing pilot flightsuit in SWG, but I wanted a red one). People used to say I was the best B-wing pilot on the server... Ah, that good old days...

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
Kallabeccani (Angela Basinger)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What server do you remember? I was on Starsider and played a female wookiee named Kallabeccani that I am currently building now Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on Gorath. I was a day-one veteran with a male Twi'lek named Degwin Tze'Midak who was, until the NGE, a Master Smuggler/Master Commando with a few skills in Medic. In the CU I switched to Master Smuggler/Master Pistoleer and a few skills in Teräs Käsi Artisan. After the NGE he was, of course, just a Smuggler. I also had a female Twi'lek named Sa-Ku-Ra Vl'Varo who was a Master Tailor/Master Merchant and had some skills in Fencer, then she became just a Tailor in the NGE. After the NGE I also had a male Ithorian named Paptimus Scirroco who was a Spy.

I also mastered all but three of the pilot professions (one neutral pilot, two Imperial pilot professions). On Degwin I had mastered Smuggler's Alliance pilot and all three Rebel Alliance pilot professions... Sa-Ku-Ra was an Imperial pilot, though I can't remember which one. Storm Squadron, I think. Something like that. Paptimus was an RSF pilot.

I always had a blast decoration my houses and POBs. On Degwin I even had a museum with a bunch of different items that were rare or were no longer available. He had a YT-2400 that was decorated up as an Alliance smuggling ship and a YKL-37r that was decorated as an Alliance recon vessel. He also had a mansion... I even made videos on YouTube to show them off before... Razz

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
Howlrunner ()

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the author of Star Wars: Costumes there will be brand new photos of the B-Wing, A-Wing and Y-Wing pilot costumes that were taken at the Archives especially for this book. A sneak peek of the book is apparently in the latest Star Wars Insider magazine - anyone seen it and know if it shows any of the pilots?
ywingfighter (Frank)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look here:
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=59512

Its not from Star wars Insider but will show what surprises will comming with this great book.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be interesting. I pre-ordered my copy a few months ago. Here's hoping they have some decent B-wing pilot pictures. Smile

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> B-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: