Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6aed9579af7e4b321d2f9eef66dd1eebMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Bespin Escape Leia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericajoanne (Erica Schmidt)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Bespin Escape Leia Reply with quote

I'm hoping to start on a Bespin Escape Leia costume soon. I've been lookin around for a pair of boots that'll work but I'm not having such good luck. The CRL says 1-2" and not shiny white boots. I've seen pretty much just 3" heels and shiny. Ive been creeping around at pics of already approved costumes and it seems like go go type boots are what I should be looking for. Anyone have any thoughts? Suggestions for places to look? Thanks!
kathgruben ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These could work:

http://www.toteunlimited.com/store/product.php?productid=16169&cat=407&page=1
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god. I was a band geek. How did I not think of color guard sites? My high school self would be ashamed of me. Thank you!
LeiaYT1300 (Beret Balestrieri Kohn)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kath has suggested what is perhaps the best boot for this costume. It's as close as you'll ever get to the original - the only difference is that the original has the zipper at the back heel while the majorette boots have the zipper on the side. Indeed, these are the boots I recommend to anyone doing this costume as you won't find better. They look excellent with the finished costume. I have a pair for my own jumpsuit and it was the best choice hands-down. Smile

Costume Portfolio
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you use a wig with your costume? I feel like it would be easier than having to style my hair every time, but I don't want a wig that's too obviously fake looking either.
LeiaYT1300 (Beret Balestrieri Kohn)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have to style my hair every time I dress. My hair is past my waist and somewhat thick, but not quite thick enough for the braids to be the right proportional thickness and also to account for the bun. So I add to lengths of hair to my initial ponytail and split them between my braids to plump them up a bit, then add a third length of hair to create the bun.

You could make up a hair piece that is the two looped braids and the bun all in one. Then all you would need do it pull your own hair into a ponytail at the crown of the head and attached the hair piece, tucking the tail of your own hair beneath the bun to hide it - that would be easiest for dressing. But if your hair is longer than shoulder length or so, there might be too much to tuck under, in which case you might have to weave your own hair into lengths of hair to make the braids and bun.

Costume Portfolio
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: