Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=93cd7192a8cbd783d76f203fd3bc6f0eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Better Business Bureau gives Ultrasabers an F.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cordaroyfog (Lee)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Better Business Bureau gives Ultrasabers an F. Reply with quote

While not a surprise to any members of the Lightsaber community, everyone else should be aware that the

Better Business Bureau (BBB) has awarded Ultrasabers an F.

http://www.bbb.org/sanjose/business-reviews/games-and-supplies/ultrasabers-in-san-jose-ca-1000004988

Just a heads up to those looking for sabers. I will be publishing a Lightsaber buying guide in the near future here on the site which will answer many questions so everyone can make an informed decision.

-The Fog
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I can't say it wasn't coming to them; for all the happy customers they had there were a dozen more with bad experiences. I hope this helps prevent others from having such bad problems as well.

... and even if you succeed, it's a hard life."
Daddy Solo ()
Active Legion Member

Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience with them overall has been OK, but when things haven't gone according to plan - yeah, Emory in particular can be too self righteous and a bit indignant for my tastes. This isn't to say that there isn't a place for them in the hobby, just that people need to be aware that there are other alternatives. Wink
Cordaroyfog (Lee)
Active Legion Member

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's right, I don't intend for this to be a bashing of US.

Just a public service announcement for those unaware.
Active Legion Member

Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that they do have a place. They are great as an introduction into lightsabers, cheap, metal and already assembled. They are also easily customizable. You can do a lot with their base parts and they give you a lot of metal to work with. If you love to make unique creations, but don't want to mill your own parts their parts are a good spring board.

However, there are other builders out there builders out there. I personally have not had any problems with them (in fact they have been great and accommodating to me) but I also know that others have had issues with them. Read their policies and be aware before you purchase.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: