About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=15542b527a956af5ac2c16aa822b0892Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New Website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bothan Jedi ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 1:17 pm    Post subject: New Website Reply with quote

Okay fellow NCA Rebels, check this out...

http://www.goldengategarrison.com/rebel

It still needs some work and I'm tweaking the design and layout, but I think I've covered most of the major items we need.

I'm currently co-hosting on our 501st site, but for all intents and purposes it now seperate unlike my first prototype that shared some of the same files with the 501st site.

One think open for question right now is the form of communication we'd like to use.

We basically have two options right now, both with prose and cons -

1) Use this forum - very low traffic and hard to monitor. I know I've missed a few posts or been slow to respond because of the lake of interest/volume. adv. is that it's pretty easy to use and find.

2) Yahoo! Groups - i've setup a mailing list with yahoo for us to use. the advatage is that we get messages instantly in our mailbox. disadv. is that folks do not like to chat via this media due to volume of emails.

I'm thinking we can use a mix of both. For general chat and event planning we can use this forum and the Yahoo! group for annoucments.

Thoughts?

Bothan Jedi ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 1:28 pm    Post subject: New Website Reply with quote

I forgot to mention that Za-Boon Kal had also been working on a website independently and thought I'd ask if he wanted to share?

Hopefully we can use the best from both and combine our efforts Smile

Jil-Qun Tahm (Tom Twohy)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 3:38 pm    Post subject: New Website Reply with quote

Wow, how great!

Insatant custom web-presence

YOU are indeed worthy of the title you have, you Bothan/Pilot/Trooper you.

Well, as I see it, this site here is a fine way to contribute ideas and suggestions... I'd say the problems you mention are fading as time passes and interest develops.

I like your site and hope it serves us well... it certainly covers the REALLY important stuff (Pictures)... and niceities (Links, Contact, and More).

Heres an Idea... I have an ezboard dedicated to "The Jedi Arts" wherein, I post tutorials, artwork, pics and even talk about swordsmanship.

[link]http://pub36.ezboard.com/bjediarts[/link]

Why not pop my site into the (as yet unused) "Tutorials" section?

I have been wanting to expand the site, maybe add a website to make it more of a full fledged project... but the cost is a tad high for me to fund in the current economic climate.

Nonetheless, I am pleased to see such QUICK ACTION on your part... quite a delight. I hope I can keep up with you.

Bravo!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bothan Jedi ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 12:45 am    Post subject: New Website Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words.

Consider your request done. If you want to suggest some text to go with the link let me know.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: