Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=09b95dd1acea75b3850f8bc82713385aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

NSB @ White Sox Game Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base -> Nar Shaddaa Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (4)

(2)

User Registered Confirmed
VadersbladeTue Mar 12, 2013 4:36 pm
FettMan22Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:32 pm
Queen_of_the_UniverseThu Mar 21, 2013 5:42 pm
sargeThu Mar 21, 2013 5:58 pm
User Registered Confirmed
Princess DeeTue Mar 12, 2013 11:34 pm
KurodorThu Mar 14, 2013 12:02 am
WedgeAntilles (James Norman)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: NSB @ White Sox Game Discussion Reply with quote

OK folks, for those of you that saw the discussion on the MWG boards, we're continuing our part here.

If you haven't: http://midwestgarrison.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=14287&p=225957#p225957

So here's the deal. I am willing to contact the White Sox and Mary Franklin to try and get us an invite. I am not willing to do that if we do not have the members willing to participate in the event.

I've currently had two members contact me about the issue that this is a 501st member only event, one person also stated they won't go regardless of the outcome. The other, Crix, can you even take a day off to go?

I know it sucks that we didn't get our own invite but this is technically an LFL event and if they don't ask us, there's not a lot I can do other than ask to be involved, but I refuse to do that if Rebels aren't going to be willing or able to go because that makes us look unprofessional as a base.

So I know JJ wants in. Brian is willing to come as Solo, but since he's not a member yet, that's kinda iffy if this is an LFL event. So I'm setting up a sign up. If I can get five members to commit to come as Rebels, I will contact them to ask for an invite. If not, then se la vie, you'll still be able to attend as a Rebel if you wish as long as you're a 501st member which really covers most of us anyways.
Zombie_Bunny (Janine Jender)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: NSB @ White Sox Game Discussion Reply with quote

WedgeAntilles wrote:

So I know JJ wants in. Brian is willing to come as Solo, but since he's not a member yet, that's kinda iffy if this is an LFL event. So I'm setting up a sign up. If I can get five members to commit to come as Rebels, I will contact them to ask for an invite. If not, then se la vie, you'll still be able to attend as a Rebel if you wish as long as you're a 501st member which really covers most of us anyways.

Lol, I wanted to get Mary's approval just so I can say "shove it" to certain people that think rebel costumes are sub-par.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for the drama folks. not my intention, but if you sneeze over there they freak out..
anyway, I just wanted to know why she stated 501st only
she has that right, but I wanted to know why she choose this event. rebels have been there before.

IMO, aimee has that old school 501st mentality, where the rebels are not equals.

she saids 501st only, but said we can wear rebel if we want and our non duel members can also come... HUH? then why say 501st only? to me its a shot at us and just trying show power over us.. again my opinion.

I wanted to know why we are good enough to help the 501st fill out the spots if they cant, but not good enough for first shot...
I mean its not like we are going to take every spot. we would be lucky if 2 show up.

anyway... I asked why, thats all and moved on

as for me going, that really wasnt my point. I was trying to stick up for the rest of the Rebels that dont have duel membership.

CO of The 'Verse (firefly/Serenity costume club)
SL/TK/IC 4913 of the 501st
Princess Dee ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 6 (View more...)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There aren’t that many of us that are RL only. It used to just be Bob Kohn and I, but I think there are a few more now, but not many.

I can’t go, as that weekend will be the weekend I’m at my parents. If it was another weekend I would….

Brian’s post today helps clear a few things up, and seams to be what should have been said from the beginning.

If it would help make the best maximum presentation, why don’t we ask for an invite? Then anyone wearing a rebel costume would need to attend under our invite, and anyone wearing an imperial costume would need to attend under the 501st invite. We’ve done that before for high-profile events. It helps get those that want to attend, a greater opportunity too.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crix wrote:
sorry for the drama folks. not my intention, but if you sneeze over there they freak out..
anyway, I just wanted to know why she stated 501st only
she has that right, but I wanted to know why she choose this event. rebels have been there before.

IMO, aimee has that old school 501st mentality, where the rebels are not equals.

she saids 501st only, but said we can wear rebel if we want and our non duel members can also come... HUH? then why say 501st only? to me its a shot at us and just trying show power over us.. again my opinion.

I wanted to know why we are good enough to help the 501st fill out the spots if they cant, but not good enough for first shot...
I mean its not like we are going to take every spot. we would be lucky if 2 show up.

anyway... I asked why, thats all and moved on

as for me going, that really wasnt my point. I was trying to stick up for the rest of the Rebels that dont have duel membership.

That's the thing. The request has always been from LFL to the 501st, not LFL to the 501st and the RL. While I do agree that the distinction that Aimee makes that 501st members can go in RL costumes but RL only members can't go is silly and I made that point just like you did Dee, there's only a handful of us that aren't dual members. But its still a marquee event and we were not directly invited.

Honestly, while I think like many occasions Aimee could have explained herself better to save us some drama, this is what it is. The RL wasn't invited. Aimee could very well have stated this is Imperials only, I'm sure other Garrisons are doing just that for their StandUp2Cancer events. Its silly, but you also have to remember if she opens the event to any RL member, then she has to open it up to the Mercs as well.

The single most important thing to remember folks is that we're not going to always like the way events are alloted to us by the MWG. Usually its a fine deal, but things could be incredibly worse. Use this as an example, we've come a long long way as a club but we have a lot more to do.

The MWG doesn't HAVE to invite us to any event, never forget that. Its one thing to question things like that, but its another to turn it into a fight. Please remember that, and remember it is my job to talk to them when we've got questions about things like that. I can talk to them, putting them on their guard in full view of the garrison is damaging to our reputation and makes us look bad and ungrateful to the rank and file trooper.

Now what's done is done, lets move on. Who wants to do the Sox game? sign up.
Crix ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to go very baddly, but as with all my troops now a days, I won't know till last min. Plus I am sure I will be on a new bid by then.. so who knows what days off I'll have. Odds are it won't be satudays.

So I am not going to take a spot when I most like won't make it Sad

Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Crixster. Its poodoo man.
FettMan22 (Dylan Van Horn)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a few of my central IL MWG members are going, I was planning on carpooling with them up to this event. As one of the few RL only members (working on 501st atm), I was kind of disappointed to see that it was 501st only. I am going to sign up to go and hope that we get a few more rebels to possibly get our own invite. Oh and one more thing...REBELS!!!
Midwest Garrison
TI-71613
Zombie_Bunny (Janine Jender)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REBELS!!
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 12 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly...
I am "meh" on the whole thing...
if they want us...
great...
if they don't want us...
so be it...
I don't want to go anywhere if I am not wanted...
period...
but..
at the end of the day...
if they come up short for the gig...I don't want to hear..
"ok...we're desperate.....RL is invited"

Laughing

I went to the Sox game the first year...but I didn't go to the game last year cuz my costumes don't add much to the event and I am not that big of a baseball fan...so...
it got kinda boring for me...
my attention span isn't the greatest...

Very Happy

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Queen_of_the_Universe (Samantha Scholl)
Active Legion Member

2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed out the last two years because of work and this year when I don't work Saturdays anymore I was bummed to see 501st only so I'm all in!!
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody else? I'd like a few more than four people to pitch my case to LFL.
sarge (joe orlando)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its poss I will be there as waxer. With that being said, I will represent both the rebel legion and the 501st.
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 12 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...
I would consider going to support NSB...
but...to tell you the truth..
I just don't plan that far ahead anymore..

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Crix ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want to go... I am going to put in for a day off... doubt I'll get it being in July. work is super busy then and they wont tell me if its approved until that week. so best I can say is I am a maybe.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base -> Nar Shaddaa Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: