About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0a0e70478950147db0e39d569f76376cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Han Solo holster rigging help??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrewshaddox ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Han Solo holster rigging help?? Reply with quote

Trying to find all the metal rigging pieces and buckles to make a new Han Solo holster rig! I can take care of the leather work, but I need help finding the other pieces!

Spice Runners Squadron XO
"Don't everyone thank me at once." - Han Solo
lgtsbr ()

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the hardware is the most expensive part of the rig, IMO. I won't lie to you, I have some vague plans to do the front and back buckles, in the future, for custom belt rigs but I really have no plans to work on the other pieces.

I know I have patterns somewhere for all the hardware pieces and could get them priced out. Based on the cost of the Luke ESB/ROTJ buckles I am working on, I would guess a set of hardware for a Han rig would be at least $150-$200 or more based on everything needed, I just don't know if enough people would be willing to shell out that kind of cash. I'm estimating in my head the Luke buckle being in the $25 range if/when I sell them. You have 2 buckles on the Han rig including the cold welding of the loops and hardware on the back of the buckle with the option of 2 different set ups, plus the 2 holster pieces, plus the 2 connections for the front buckle which need to not only be cut but also need to be bent in a press brake, plus the droid caller holder..........wow......it might even be higher to be honest......

If there was enough interest we could start planning and requesting quotes, but the interest list would have to be a long list, like 25 people or more long.....

All my opinion mind you

Dave
Havok69 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent you a PM with a source, and it sounds like I'm saving you some money...

Mr. Green
andrewshaddox ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM recieved! Thanks!

Spice Runners Squadron XO
"Don't everyone thank me at once." - Han Solo
Darman Solo (Kerry "Darman" Ellison)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what I did for my Hoth Han rig, as I made the belt myself. The buckles I made from old street signs picked up from salvage for $5.00, for the fron clip on the belt, I had my old LEO belt collecting dust, so I removed the closure clips and and used JB Weld to attach to the buckle and basically attached the clip to the leather belt as it was from the duty belt. For the belt loop sections on the back buckle, I took a wire coat hanger (heavy duty) and made them with pliers and JB Weld holds them in place. I've never had anything shift, and works well.
For the holster sling, I took chicago screws (post screws) and used JB Weld to hold them in place also. I have a total of $55.00 invested in my holster rig. ( I already had the V-8 model for parts). Not everyone has a duty belt sitting around, and they can be pretty expensive, but it is an option.
Star Garrison - Oklahoma Squad

ANH and ESB Han - 99% Complete
ScruffyLookin' ()

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might have something in the works really soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: