Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5fc6827f5742ae6249ed3a5c0b5860bdMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Armageddon Conventions 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Armageddon Conventions 2013 Reply with quote

Hi all,

I thought I'd start a new thread so we can discuss these year by year Smile

This year will see even more events than before.

Dunedin Expo
March 2/3rd 2013
The Edgar Centre, Dunedin

Attended: neimhaille, unofficial but lots of interest generated!

Christchurch Expo
March 9/10th 2013
The Stables, Addington Raceway, Christchurch

Attended: neimhaille, Rachi Sitra, unofficial but again interest generated!
501st completed troop report

Hamilton Expo
May 25/26th 2013
Claudelands Arena, Hamilton

Attending:
Neimhaille (Rachi Sitra) (Sat only)
MattG (Pilot)
Anaria Zar-Rel (Anaria)
Craig(?)
501st planning thread

Wellington Expo
June 1-3rd 2013 Queens Birthday Long Weekend
Westpac Stadium, Wellington
Attending:
neimhaille (unsure, not sure of what days)
Farra Sti (Jedi) (Sat and Mon)
Craig (Jedi?)
501st planning thread.

Auckland Expo
October 25-28th 2013

Last edited by neimhaille () on Sat May 18, 2013 6:27 am; edited 3 times in total
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To start:
Dunedin:
Christchrch:

I realise I will almost certainly being going solo to Christchurch and Dunedin however I hope to being along some of the shiny and new PR material (recently updated!) and be able to pass out information regarding our group and O42 at the same time and be an ambassador as much as possible.

If there is anyone registered here as a forum but not active member who will be attending please let me know and we can meet up for a chat and hopefully point you in helpful directions for who has info on what Smile
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PR material printed for Dunedin! Some A4 FAQ's about 30 A5 recruitment flyers and 10 "So you want to be a... Jedi" Trifolds.

Also created a twitter and gmail account and changed the facebook page so we are more easily found online:
rebellegionnz for all of the above.
Craigorski (Craig Haskell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure whats going to happen with hamilton. I'm not that keen even though it is just over the hill.
Potential for a non-event looks moderate to high.
i could possibly pop over for a short showing, but nothing like the full day troops we did last year.
Sad
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been chatting with Adele and Bill and we are able to ask for as much or little space with our O42 cousins as we like so long as we are of one mind Wink And in time!

Hamilton was a new show for everyone but I now for one there is a lot of potential if we are able to get together has the potential for a nice big display. It most certainly has great potential for mingling with the audience on the various levels outside the exhibition space too (flags, cough).

So I'll chat with Cen about what their crew are up to this weekend and see if we have a North Island contingent willing to travel.

The venue I would say is one of my faves and that is with all my hats one Smile

Meanwhile if anyone has Ideas(tm) please let me know so I can share with out O42 cousins and make sure we are all covered.
montee916 ()

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crossposting from O42 forums:

Quote:
With our glorious leader otherwise occupied at this point in time, Cen has asked me to serve as point man for organising HamiGeddon.

The floor plan has been released, and can be seen here. We will be in Bay 43.

I'm going to contact Bill and see if we can get full 6m walls on all three sides, and I'm planning at this stage on bringing down the set that
we had set up in Auckland last year. It's pretty lightweight and easy enough to assemble, at this point the hardest part should be finding
a vehicle to tow the trailer down. ;D

So if those that are coming down could please sound off so we can get a count on how many passes will be needed, that would be awesome.
Also feel free to sing out with any ideas or recommendations for our (assumedly) usual Outpost dinner on the Saturday night.
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Wayne Smile Do you think there will be room for displaying paraphrenalia? And is the 501st arranging a Charity to represent that we can help with? I can probably start contact if there isn't Smile

I also have the wardrobe/display thingy still and I will be on site hopefully Friday afternoon to get that in place if it is of use either in front or in the changing space.

Looks like we have enough RL attendees to make it an official RL troop! Woot! Though I was more concerned about Welly, but if Andrea is wearing her Jedi and Craig is able to attend with his Jedi I will also break out Rachi to make sure that too is official Smile

Wayne will you be able to bring the RL banner down or do you want me to pick that up after HamilGeddon and carry it down with my luggage? I am just not sure what time I arrive to get it on site Smile
Farra Sti (Andrea Stout)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to wear my Sith Jawa for Hamilton and the Jedi for Wellington
Craigorski (Craig Haskell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben blue clone both count highfive
slightly more enthused to appear than i was 2 months ago and hoping to get my evil Evil or Very Mad empire suit ready too.

I may even have an extra body to join us one of the days, he asked if i was 'doing a suit thing soon' and can he join. since he has nothing to do right now. (separated and now unemployed= time on hands i guess Neutral )
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrea you posted on the 501st forums that you were going to wear your Jedi so I was referring to the Wellington event in that sentence Smile

Extra bodies will need to be discussed so we can get them fitted well before hand and other logisical issues Smile
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://nz501st.com/forum/index.php?topic=971.0
Just trying to share the responsibility and spread the word Smile Any RL member able to help out as well? I'm sorted, as per my reply (ShaeVizla over there) but can help if a rental is the only option. I can't really offer cars that don't belong to me.. I will though have a chat with people and see if any are able to help out.

And just to make sure, I'm going to add names of RL troopers to the top post so if you haven't mentioned you are coming please do so now so we can work out what costumes will be represented Smile And then I can pass that info to our relevant point of contacts for passes etc.
HanSagan (Peter Haynes)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be in Auckland at least two days

www.angels2200.com

Anaria Zar-Rel (Kristy Glasgow)
Naboo Outpost XO
Naboo Outpost XO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be able to attend all days at Auckland, and set up/pack down on either side.
Naboo Outpost CO
Naboo Outpost CO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armageddon dinner details:

Kristy and I will host a barbecue/pot-luck dinner for members of the Star Wars collecting and costuming groups on the Sunday of the Armageddon Expo (27th October). PM me if you need the address. It'll be a family-friendly event, and partners are welcome. Turn up anytime after Armageddon closes for the day (including coming straight from the convention centre), and dinner will be served around 8-8:30pm.

We'll supply meat for the barbecue and a few bottles of wine. Contributions in the form of salads, breads, cold meats, desserts etc are appreciated Smile

Please RSVP so we can keep track of expected numbers. Sing out if you need any more details.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: