About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7a3e1ae2b17e78b31969389e420957d0Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Rebel Legion Backdrops for Conventions
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tython Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AhsokaTano ()
Tython Base XO
Tython Base XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Rebel Legion Backdrops for Conventions Reply with quote

Hey All,
I am trying to organize a get together for everyone, so we get a roll on with our backdrops for conventions. In reality it will probably take 2-3 months to make an awesome backdrop. It has to be recognizable to the public. Could you all please put in what dates you may be available in the new year. We will need about three to four people working on this to make sure it's done in time for our first event which I think is Sydnova. Suggestions are also welcome and it will probably be put to a vote on what will be used. Thanks and have a safe holidays everyone!
Ixam Let'si (max)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ahsoka.

Where abouts do you live again if you live near northmead then I can visit my sister and leave the family there.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already started planning my cage version 2.0 maybe we can integrate my cage with your backdrop.

And i should be available most days.
Tython Base CO
Tython Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, Luci.

My schedule has suddenly cleared through to Jan 6th if people want to do something earlier.

Tython Base Facebook Page
Ixam Let'si (max)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a discussion has been transcribed from the RL facebook chat session.

here is what transpired on date:

Ahsoka tano had posted:

hey All, Supanova has officially released their listing for next year. It will be a 3 DAY event. Yep you heard right three days so friday, saturday and sunday!!
The prices for everything have gone UP!! A booth will now cost us : 1,320 OUCH!!!
and that's the early bird rate.

I had indicated that the split amongst all members would be $60

Ahsoka then reminded us that not all members would be able to make which I confirmed at least one person (pct_vader) would not be attending.

in addition Ahsoka:

Sort of a lot of people have to work the friday so it will be a total of who can come how many shifts we do a lot of the time people wanna take a look around which I don't blame them for, I will also be interviewing the stars because of thenerdyheard so I have to split my time. And how many days people are coming for e.g. I know some people will only come for the sat or the sun as some have to work the weekends and all that. It's a very fine balancing act.

Caroline Vader Ritter
Max is right. There is no way I'll be at Supanova this year in Sydney. I'm not entirely sure where I'll be or what's happening as yet but ATM we are flying to France June 1st-8th (sometime between) although that depends if I get holidays. If I get a permanent job between now and then and can't get holidays France has to wait 12 months (on the way home from Anaheim 2015!) and I'm rostered to work the Fri/Sat/Sun of Supanova so still won't be there. Just how my roster falls unfortunately so either way I still won't be there.

also Shay Force had confirmed some details:

That link from Supanova goes to great lengths to explain that they havent increased prices in 10 years and dont intend to. The $1320 is for a "booth." We have never had a booth. Just tables which are $275 this year as well. Lets not panic. It will be manageable this year just as it was last year and will work.
We need to sit down and decide what sort of display we would like to present with how many props and decide how many tables / how much space to purchase from there.
We have 15 weeks to finalise our thoughts for early bird discounts.

Fyr Mureys BCO reminded us of the national agreement:

Shay, the national agreement for RL is $220 for space for 2-3 movie quality props and unlimited passes at $35. We weren't able to access the national agreement last year and three tables cost us $660 plus passes. Rick Chinn from RL Hoth base was the previous contact person for the national agreement and strongly suggests that he is involved in any future discussions with Supanova/Armageddon organisers.

We also need to get props under way...

Shay Force
$220 ! Thats even better. I have no problem contacting Rick but was this just a carry over from when Rick was CO and there was only one RL in Australia ? Is there any reason or preference why we dont contact the organisers directly?

Fyr had confirmed that rick chinn would be required when organising 2014 supanova and Shay agreed he would contact them on his return home.

Fyr indicated that last years supanova thread should be consulted with regards to the national agreement.

shay then responded with the following:

Shay Force
As great as the Mandos are I really think we need our own prop this year that is very Rebel orientated. it has to be instantly recogiseable as star Wars to the punters.

this started the conversation regarding possible ideas.

Fyr Mureys suggestions:
I was wondering if a side aspect to an Xwing cockpit might be better.

Martin Silk suggestions:

We have the cockpit and neck of a Y-Wing. And two back drops
The backdrop behind the fighter has the rest of the Y-Wing printed on it and the one to the side has a star field

Cameron Smith Suggestions:

Fyr Mureys
11:15am
Fyr Mureys
We don't have it, Cam. He was talking about your idea!

Shay Force
11:19am
Shay Force
Thats what I was thinking Martin and Cam. Though mine imagined an x wing laterally imbedded into the back drop - banking with an abbreaviated wing extending out. back drop completing most of the ship. If we could pull this off it would really establish us I think. For once we would have more attention then the 501st at a con. Martin if you get what I am talking about could you sketch it up like Cams Y wing?

Martin Silk
11:21am
Martin Silk
Not sure. The Y-Wing's design kind of lends itself to what we are starting to plan
give me ten minutes to do something then I'll try

Max Battistella
11:23am
Max Battistella
Sounds great

Shay Force
11:23am
Shay Force
Ok no problem. was just impressed with your first sketch Would people be able to sit in the Y wing for pics?
Martin Silk
11:29am
Martin Silk
Yup

Fyr Mureys
11:29am
Fyr Mureys
That would be ideal.
Martin Silk
11:30am
Martin Silk
It would probably be easier since the Y-Wing cockpit is lower than the X-Wing
Plus we can make the Y-Wing cockpit two man
Fyr Mureys
11:31am
Fyr Mureys
The other simple idea might be the speeder
Martin Silk
11:31am
Martin Silk
I think Hoth Base is doing a Snowspeeder
Fyr Mureys
11:32am

Fyr Mureys
11:33am
Fyr Mureys
That one

Martin Silk
Martin Silk
Ahhh

Cameron Smith
Cameron Smith
April's idea actually

Max Battistella
Max Battistella
I prefer ywing Idea

Martin Silk
Martin Silk
Yeah
Starfighters are more iconic

Fyr Mureys
11:39am
Fyr Mureys
What about a backdrop like this;

Fyr Mureys
11:39am
Fyr Mureys
With a prop shell like this?

Cameron Smith
11:40am
Cameron Smith
That's what shay is suggesting

Martin Silk
11:41am
Martin Silk
So we have the X - Wing flying along side the Y-Wing?

Max Battistella
11:44am
Max Battistella
The more interactive the photo shoot the better if we can get people in the starfighter that would be better.
What I'm thinking is have the y wing that Martin drew with a backdrop of a squadron of xwings behind it
And maybe yavin 4 all the way back
Max Battistella
12:05pm
Max Battistella

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see you guys are keeping busy and are planning great, but I do think you need to keep all your discussions and chats on the forum and not FB , other wise the forum looks dead and potentionaly new members may skip past you . I know FB is easier to communicate on, but not all members use it .
This has been raised several times in the past.

Any ways best of luck with this project I hope it kicks butt, our cons here need quality props on display .

New South Wales/ACT
Australia
501st CC 5722
Ixam Let'si (max)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Adam.

totally agree on this. Any thoughts on how to encourage people to do this?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ixam Let'si wrote:
Thanks Adam.

totally agree on this. Any thoughts on how to encourage people to do this?

Sorry don't want to derail this, but I left those chats months back for that reason , I guess you need your BCO or XO to shut them down . And post every thing here. Very Happy

New South Wales/ACT
Australia
501st CC 5722
Ixam Let'si (max)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are your thoughts on the props
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked my availability and the 11th is better. For me.
Tython Base XO
Tython Base XO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, sorry couldn't get on had lots of stuff happening. Facebook has just been easier to use for this purpose as I CAN'T link in the supanova information it comes to me in a PDF I then have to save it to my computer and then send it to you guys somehow. You were apart of that group Adam but chose to leave it. I will make up a NEW group on facebook just so everyone can see the pricing, the differences in what supanova is doing next year ETC and the only way I can do that is through FACEBOOK or sending out emails. I don't have everyone's emails and this is just much easier to do and you can all then see what I am talking about. If the forums allowed me to put up the PDF that would be even better but unfortunately they don't. A lot of questions will arise so I want you all to have the knowledge on where this is coming from. It's not me but supanova. Even Artist alley has been split into three for next year. I WANT you all to have this information I can't send it to you unless it's over facebook, so that's what's lacking here on the forums.
AhsokaTano ()
Tython Base XO
Tython Base XO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if that came across harshly that was not my intention but just to let you know the reasons why it was facebook and not the forums.
Ixam Let'si (max)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AhsokaTano wrote:
Sorry if that came across harshly that was not my intention but just to let you know the reasons why it was facebook and not the forums.

just wanted to clarify something. You didn't post the pdf because your phone is not technically capable of doing so or that posting a pdf onto the forums is not permitted?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Removed

Last edited by Chewie () on Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ixam Let'si (max)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks thanks Chewie for clarifying that. so what does everyone think of the ideas so far? Does anyone have any suggestions with regards to possible props we could make.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tython Base All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: