Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2cee23730837e1674edbe78e1b7c820aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

My Imperial Knight

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: My Imperial Knight Reply with quote

Pulled out the old Dremel and did a bit of work on my Imperial Knight saber hilt today.

When my buddy and I first did it, we were a little sloppy with the window cuts, so they came out pretty uneven. I wanted to try and straighten them out as much as I could--I'm pretty pleased with the results.

Here's the front view:

From the left: Unfortunately I slipped with the grinder Sad. But I guess a little "battle damage" gives the hilt some character.

And the right view:

And finally, here she is all lit up:

Not too shabby for a first effort. I think if (when) I do a Mk II I won't use an extension and will just do a shorter hilt, which will make the window seem larger. I might also do a bit more of an angular cut on it, then use the grinder to round out the corners (taking a page from what I've seen Jay-Gon do in the past).

This one's using a Force FX vader board and a Seoul P4 White. I *may*, just to save myself the hassle, do one of the TCSS modular wiring system ones for the next effort as well, with a NB soundboard and Li-ion battery (this one runs on 4 AAAs). Everything done up for me on quick disconnects is a very alluring concept as a time saver if I'm just doing one for myself.

Also, back when I originally did this (a couple years ago) I knew nothing about saber building and made a number of errors. For one, the inner hilt is painted--I'll definitely get it powder coated next time through.

"Why do another Imp. Knight?" you ask. Frankly, it's my favorite hilt and after I get one of them down that I'm 100% satisfied with, I'll move on to some custom designs of my own.

I also have a video of the original build from back on 2010 here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOpS-lJk4rQ

"A Jedi knight!? Jeez, I'm out of it for a little while, and everyone gets delusions of grandeur!"
The Sugar Jedi formerly known as The Grey Elf
KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jedi Master Catalena Wast (Sandra Brower)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very, very nice. Do you have any blueprints for it? I saw the list of part used, yet a blueprint would be nice to use to build it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: