About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2de9b4a0615a71248e1e42a756ea3859Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Protocol for casting a fanfilm?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Promus ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:23 am    Post subject: Protocol for casting a fanfilm? Reply with quote

I'd like to produce a short Star Wars fanfilm (who doesn't? Laughing ) and I was wondering what the proper procedure was for asking people to participate, or putting out a general "casting call" as it were. Are there good resources for this? I noticed the 501st only has a general event request form, but all I really need is an ANH Darth Vader, an ESB Boba Fett, and some stunt costumes of both characters that can get roughed up a bit.

Thanks!

Sebastian Shaw as Anakin Skywalker, Alec Guinness as Obi-Wan Kenobi
Naglium (Gordon Gravelese)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 6 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend contacting your local Base Commanding Officer (and Garrison Commanding Officer in the 501st), and talking to them directly. Tell them exactly what you need, and I'm sure they can facilitate filling them as best they can.

RL Stickers for sale here: http://rc5306.yolasite.com/other.php
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just clearly state what costumes you need, when you will need them, and what you will need them to do. Think about things like stairs and uneven terrain. Provide info about the locations including things like a changing area, parking, bathrooms, food, shelter in case it rains.

Another thing you should consider is volunteering to be a handler for some local events. For one thing, it shows that you are willing to help us. But more importantly, it allows the local members to get to know you.

The legions get a lot of fan film requests. The ones that get a response are run by people who know what they are doing, which means the shoot will be organized and they will be taken care of.
The more common "fanboy with a camcorder" generally don't get any traction because we all know they have no idea what they are doing and the shoot will be a disorganized mess.

Seems like you are off to a great start by asking honest questions and playing it straight. Just avoid any of the usual hype that fan filmmakers like to create and you should be good.
Promus ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies! I definitely don't want to overhype this; this is just a little project that I've always kind of had in mind, but never had the opportunity to produce.

I'd definitely like to volunteer at local events (especially since I have a van and can provide transportation), but I'm not really sure how to do that either! Laughing I guess this is turning into a general "Tell Promus how to do everything" thread...

Sebastian Shaw as Anakin Skywalker, Alec Guinness as Obi-Wan Kenobi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: