Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4e6f77a1024f60fe20ae1b24e73bf315Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Welcome to Alpha Base! Feel free to introduce yourself here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Alpha Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noomicorn ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

* When did you join the Rebel Legion? I just got my generic Jedi approved on Tuesday!! (My husband Chad, aka Slim_Jim got approved a few hours after me).
* What inspired you to join? I think making costumes is pretty fun and absolutely love the charity aspect! I'm also a member of the 501st.
* What part of our base are you from, or what city do you live in? I live in Duvall (it's east of Redmond, or about 45 east of Seattle).
* What do you like about being a Rebel Legion member, and/or what does the Rebel Legion mean to you? I like being able do do volunteer work to help kids. It's one of the greatest feelings in the world to see little kids faces light up when they see us all dressed up at their favorite Star Wars characters. Everyone I've met from RL has been super nice and helpful!
* What costumes do you have, and are there any other costumes in your future? I currently have a generic Jedi with the RL and a TD (Sandtrooper) with the 501st. I'm not sure how crazy I am, but I have a Wookiee that is in the beginning stages of being build. I really like Black Krsantan from the new Vader comics, so he's my goal. Unfortunately, he's a bounty hunter so he will fall under the 501st.
Dune Mysthopper ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration17 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did you join the Rebel Legion?
April 2016

* What inspired you to join?
Suggested to join, after getting to know several other members. I also have heard about Rebel Legion several years ago but 1) I didn't now anyone then & 2) working up the nerve to make a costume

* What part of our base are you from, or what city do you live in?
I am order of the Jedi Order and I live in Kirkland

* What do you like about being a Rebel Legion member, and/or what does the Rebel Legion mean to you?
Being part of a community, costuming, charities, happiness in children and giving back/helping others.

* What costumes do you have, and are there any other costumes in your future?
Currently: Jedi Knight formal/prequel/generic
Future:
Visas Marr
"Leather" Armored Jedi General, prequel but Tales of the Jedi inspired
Togruta
Possibly:
Rey (Version 2)
Boushh or another masked/armored face character
raemanzu ()

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone! My name's Rae/Rachel.

* When did you join the Rebel Legion?
I am not official yet since I don't have a costume but I helped man a few stations at EvCC and it was so fun! I hope to get a generic Jedi costume done sometime in the next year.

* What inspired you to join?
Well, I have at least three friends in the legions, one is Katherine Winchell, and she took me to Deunan(sp?)'s house and had me try on a jedi costume and look at all the awesome costumes she's made, and photos from past troops. I love Star Wars and I actually work at a day care, so I think using costuming as a way to help raise donations for important charities is awesome. Also my girlfriend Sabrina wrote an amazing master's thesis on how the legions are basically an entire sub culture where costuming brings people together in a family based on shared knowledge, skill, and actions, and I think that's pretty cool.

* What part of our base are you from, or what city do you live in?
I live in Bellingham!

* What do you like about being a Rebel Legion member, and/or what does the Rebel Legion mean to you?
Well I guess I already kind of answered this. I really like the idea of having nerdy fun and doing good at the same time Smile

* What costumes do you have, and are there any other costumes in your future?
I'm getting ready to really start my generic Jedi. Someday it would be awesome to do a face character or... well my initial dream was an armored character like a clone trooper, but I think that'll be a long way off if ever.
cheeser ()

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone, Cheeser from Garrison Titan here.
I've been looking into a couple of different non mask costumes lately and I've been thinking of the Falcon gunner Airen Cracken. I think it would be fun.
mandigc (Caela Mandigo)
Alpha Base XO
Alpha Base XO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheeser wrote:
Hey everyone, Cheeser from Garrison Titan here.
I've been looking into a couple of different non mask costumes lately and I've been thinking of the Falcon gunner Airen Cracken. I think it would be fun.

Glad you're thinking about joining the rebellion!
Beckett ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:13 am    Post subject: Greetings from Kashyyyk base! Reply with quote

Hello to everyone at Alpha Base and Garrison Titan,

My name is Josh and I'm a Rebel Legion Chewbacca. I live near Salem, OR and just wanted to drop in and say hi and offer my help if needed. I have been doing this about a month and am REALLY enjoying the charity work and meeting new people in the costuming realm. Today I put in for registration on the GT forums where, as I understand it, you guys all communicate and plan events. Anyway, please find me on Facebook (Josh Beckett) and introduce yourself. I'd love to help out if you need a Wookiee.

God Bless and may the Force be with you.

Josh
AlishaCorral (Alisha Corral)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone. My name is Alisha Corral, I'm 24, and I live in Moses lake. I'm in the the RL yet, but I'm working on costumes at the moment.
billythebrickcosplay ()

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, my name is Will, and I'm a costume and prop maker.

I just recently started my first Star Wars build, and a friend recommended I join the Rebellion, so here I am! I just got forum approved today and will be posting my Kanan WIP as I go. I'm only about 10% in so far.

I want to join the Rebel Legion to do something to give back and do something outside of myself for a change.[/url]
Kokotankuu ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! My husband and I went to the Rebel legion meet and greet tonight. We are very excited to start posting pictures and getting to know you guys. We are new to Washington, but not new to costuming. We are both fairly close to completion, so pictures will be coming soon.

Nice to meet all of you!
kwinchell ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kokotankuu wrote:
Hello! My husband and I went to the Rebel legion meet and greet tonight. We are very excited to start posting pictures and getting to know you guys. We are new to Washington, but not new to costuming. We are both fairly close to completion, so pictures will be coming soon.

Nice to meet all of you!

Hi Kokotankuu! I'm excited to see your costumes! Let me know if you need help with anything.

-Katherine
jpclaude ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all. My full name is Jean-Paul Claude and 35 (soon to be 36). I'm not a member yet but will be submitting once my last costume piece arrives. I put together a generic Jedi outfit for Saber Guild. I love SW and all the good things groups like RL and 501st do and want to be involved more than just a generic fanboy. Smile
I'm in Lower Queen Anne (Seattle near the space needle).

I'm still reviewing what is approved for RL, but aside from the Jedi costume I've wanted to throw together some other outfits like the soldiers on Endor (seeing how that blends with WA so well) and Scarif. As I am still reviewing, I'm not sure what the rules are yet on Legends vs Canon in RL, but once I figure all that out I will have a list of costumes I want to work on over time.

Members of Jet City Saber Guild have recommended that I join the 501st and RL to get out there more with the groups, so here I am saying Hello and can't wait to get started. Very Happy
JediKai ()
Active Legion Member

Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Jean-Paul! Hope to meet you but I've not been trooping as often as I used to do. If you go to the costuming sections of the larger message board, there is also lots of help there.
Afira_Jin_Tao ()

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject: NEW Reply with quote

hi all,

im afira, brand new....im working on a jedi, i hope to have a full outfit soon so i can formally apply.

I got my lightsaber and belt with food capsuls on the way. i have a bunch of friends back home in indiana who are members of the mos espa base there, now its time for me!

im in north bend. i would love to help out in any way i can while im working on my costume....i was a handler for my friend perkeo who is a tusken, with zero visibility.....or whatever help you need.

i hope to meet you all soon..
Afira_Jin_Tao ()

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: new! Reply with quote

hello all! im afira jin tao ( marsha metz) from north bend wa.

i was a handler and had many friends in the mos espa base in indianapolis, but i moved here 3 years ago...now im excited to finally get into this and get my own costume made! im going for a generic jedi here soon.

i will be at the meet and greet saturday so i hoep to meet you all and learn where to go next! thanks so much!

afira
Baris_Alrisul ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

It seems like I'm just making the rounds of all the various platforms introducing myself now, but my name is Caitlin, and I've just had my first costume approved and been accepted to Alpha Base. I am a born and raised Seattleite (okay, technically Shoreline, but close enough). However, I have been away for the last nine years for college, and then my doctorate. I moved back to town a few months ago, and after talking with some awesome folks at ECCC, decided to join up. Alpha Base's focus on charitable work is VERY relevent to my interests, and it's awesome to be able to combine that with my love of Star Wars.

Currently, I have Depa Billaba approved, and Yavin IV Celebration Leia still in the judging process. I'm still trying to decide who to make next, though. Maybe one of the non-culturally-appropriative Padme outfits? Or Breha Organa? Or Rebels-version Mon Mothma? Actually, I am open to suggestions. Are there any of the awesome ladies of Star Wars that folks would really like to see done here?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Alpha Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: