Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5fb2ded529d4711f50079d69c2261af6Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Welcome to Alpha Base! Feel free to introduce yourself here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Alpha Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Princess Cryvo (Crystal von Oy)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome John!

Hope to see you at ECCC!

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible" - Walt Disney
Dark Jedi (Brenden W)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my name is brenden

When did you join the Rebel Legion?

I joined the legion as a fourm member way back in 2005 after meeting alpha base/garrison titan at norwescon 2005 after seeing the costumes and the lightsabers, i fell in love with the idea of costuming as a jedi and making a character based off yourself i became a full member with only the jedi costume in 2009

What inspired you to join?

it was the nice people at the table booth at norwescon 2005

What part of our base are you from, or what city do you live in?

I live in everett/lynnwood area

What do you like about being a Rebel Legion member, and/or what does the Rebel Legion mean to you?

i like going to events in my costume and being at an event as a group, the legion has introduced me to a new comunity as a whole the legion has made me a better person in the way i look at myself and what i do

What costumes do you have, and are there any other costumes in your future?

i only have the jedi for now, but i am currently making ANOTHER jedi but a different color scheme than i have currently, brown instead of black ,

when the new jedi is finished and done it will be my MAIN jedi i wear

that about sums it up, i hope to see some new faces at ECCC

No outsider will ever rule Mandalore!"
-Bo-Katan Kryze-
bowiesolo ()

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

* When did you join the Rebel Legion?
After I finish the costume I'm planning on making

* What inspired you to join?
Well I thought to myself, Id like to wear a full suit of clone trooper armor but its a bit beyond my skill level at the minute. So I'm starting out with a somewhat easier character.

* What part of our base are you from, or what city do you live in?
I live in south king county

* What do you like about being a Rebel Legion member, and/or what does the Rebel Legion mean to you?
Well from what my friends who cosplay as characters who wear full suits of armor, they overheat really fast. So once i get the costume done, the thing is enjoy about being a Rebel Legion member is being able to put my personality into the character.

* What costumes do you have, and are there any other costumes in your future?

Well right now I plan to make either The clone wars anakin or han solo
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome bowiesolo!

Best of luck on your costume builds, and looking forward to meeting you!

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible" - Walt Disney
MAR-10 (Martin Osburn)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:01 pm    Post subject: New Member: MAR-10 (Martin) from Aberdeen, WA Reply with quote

Introduction:
My name is Martin, I've gone by MAR-10 (Pronounced M A R -10) as well as Crimson Knight. My dad says my first movie was Star Wars episode IV. I was born in 1977, so that's a real possibility. I've always been a huge fan of the Star Wars franchise. Episode VI is my current favorite of the series (Episode VII may change that). I own a Luke costume from VI, and a generic Jedi costume that I've only really used for Halloween.

I am tweaking my Episode VI Luke costume, and although I wear black, my path is that of the light side. (I just love the colors red and black).

Recently, I have taken the Jedi philosophies as a way of getting in shape. About a month ago, I thought as a way to keep myself motivated while embracing a more healthier lifestyle, I thought "why can't I simply Train to be a Jedi?" A Jedi should show balance in his training. Healthy eating, studying, playing, exercise, yoga, and meditation. These are all things that I feel will benefit me becoming a Jedi. I am not a fitness expert, I am not a dietitian. I am simply someone who wants to use the Force to get healthy.

In order for me to actually train though, I need to reach out and find those who are strong with the Force to help me learn what it means to be a Jedi. Aberdeen is a bit of a remote town in the state of Washington, so after finding this Forum/Website, I thought I might be able to find others local to the area to help me fulfill my personal obligation while also having fun.

Anyhow, if you are in the Aberdeen (Grays Harbor) area, please hit me up. I'd love to get to know you.

May the Force be with you,
MAR-10
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
gymbeau2000 (J H)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should try to come up to the Garrison/Base meet and greet this Saturday at AFK in Tukwila!

Garrison Titan CO 2014 & 13; XO 2012

BH 2950 (ESB Fett)
SL 2950 (Darth Maul) LFL Select
SL 2950 (Emperor Palpatine ROTJ)
TK 2950 (ANH)
DZ 2950 (ANH Tusken)
MAR-10 (Martin Osburn)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject: RE: Invite to AFK Reply with quote

@gymbeau2000 Always in the mood for Battle Bread, but I have two more weeks of school before I can consider my weekends free.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
bennilex ()

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Alpha Base! I'm not a member yet, but I currently have a Rey costume in the works that I plan on joining with. I've commissioned the costume from friends who specialize in distressed fabric and leather work, I have the exact boots that Rey wears in the movie currently on their way to me, and I'm working on her staff and blaster myself. I work for a Princess Party company so I have lots of experience acting in character and working with kids on a professional level. I also make props and armor for clients as a side job.

I look forward to being able to bring my talents to charity work, and bring a character that I adore to life.

I can't wait to be one of you, and I hope to get to know you all very soon!
brassmama (Wyn Buckley)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm Wyn/brassmama!

I've helped out at last year's [2015] ECCC booth and down at Rose City. I recently decided I want to do an Xwing Pilot costume, generic for starters, but possibly later upgrading to match Jessika Pava from TFA.

I live in Arlington and work in Everett.

I don' have any costumes together yet, but I hope t get rolling on my Xwing pilot costume soon.

I look forward to meeting and interacting with y'all.
gymbeau2000 (J H)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well welcome aboard!! Hope your approval process goes well. Expect it to take time, as the RL works off of a global approval team and Rey is a very new costume that they are still figuring out.

BH 2950 (ESB Fett)
TK 2950 (ANH)
DZ 2950 (ANH Tusken)
gymbeau2000 (J H)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and for both of you (and anyone else) feel free to contact me and show up at a regular event as a "spotter" or helper in street clothes. It's the ideal way to meet other members and see the costumes up close and get a feel for how all this works.
I know it's south, but we are having the next meet and greet for the 501st Legion Garrison (and us too of course) at Round Table Pizza very near the AFK that just closed in Tukwila. If that doesn't work, I am considering having a meeting/build session/hang out at my house in North Lynnwood/Edmonds.

BH 2950 (ESB Fett)
TK 2950 (ANH)
DZ 2950 (ANH Tusken)
Dark Queen ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alpha!
Dark Queen/Marlene here.
When did you join the Rebel Legion?: Joined last year with a Rebel Brief Leia in time for Celebration Anaheim (with Freedom Base in VA); worked the RL table a few times and may have seen you there. Also trooped there for the Make a Wish child.
Then we moved out west to WA!! Now hoping to troop with Alpha...but after an extended trip Down Under with the spouse, will be back in March.

* What inspired you to join? As much who, worked with StarWarsDave (Terrapin Base) in VA and he convinced me to join in time for Anaheim; loved his stories of SW cosplay and charity events, plus had attended the troop at Air and Scare at National Air and Space Museum and loved all the great costumes in evidence there. Dave and I became friends when he walked past my office and immediately figured out my Star Wars/sci-fi addiction due to my collection...I went to the first showing of Star Wars in '77 in Seattle (and many more) and have been huge fan since (even got my 1977 french Guerre des Etoiles poster signed at Anaheim - squee!)
Joined RL with Freedom Base and have transferred (I think...)to Alpha; retired and moved from Northern Virginia to Bellingham last July. Have family in the area and it's been a regular vacation haunt for our family; also went to college here. Lived in WA from 74 to 83.
* What do you like about being a Rebel Legion member, and/or what does the Rebel Legion mean to you?
It's still new to me and I have limited troops so hoping to be able to participate in a community near me this year. I was really touched by the Anaheim troop for the MaW child - his joy was palpable and his parents...well, I'm just glad our Ceremonial Leia kept it together so well.
I have the Rebel Brief Leia and would really like to do 'old' General Leia (I'm actually same age as CF as we discussed during my autograph session!!); also tempted to do a Generic Jedi at some point. May also work on a Han for my spouse at some point...

See you this Spring! off to Antarctica next week!
Swift (Richard T. Kellogg)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Marlene!

Your base transfer is finished and just waiting on your base logo to update! We certainly can't wait to troop with you!
iscrocker4211 ()

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:33 pm    Post subject: New to the state Reply with quote

Good morning/afternoon/evening folks!

Recently PCSed up to WA from FL, getting used to the weather but loving it thus far. Thought I would join the cool kids club and do a little intro.

* When did you join the Rebel Legion? Still not an official member, working on my 1st costume
* What inspired you to join? I love cosplay, and working with a non-profit while being able to cosplay is icing on the cake.
Also, Star Wars
* What part of our base are you from, or what city do you live in? Stationed on JBLM, live there as well. For those who don't know where that is, its near Lakewood.
* What do you like about being a Rebel Legion member, and/or what does the Rebel Legion mean to you? The Rebel Legion, and the 501st, represent the cream of the crop when it comes to the Star Wars Csoplay/costuming organizations. Being able to get out there and bring smiles to kids or adults is just awesome.
* What costumes do you have, and are there any other costumes in your future? I am starting on a generic Jedi costume. From there, not sure. Side note, I am interested in true saber fighting styles and techniques, so if anyone is involved with that, please let me know.

I am very outdoorsy, camping hiking fishing and hunting. Recently started learning Archery. Read a lot. Married for 5 years, still don't know how I got her to stand by me and my crazy.

Hope to meet y'all and get involved in the best ways possible.

Ian
sqrdncr7 ()

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Welcome to Alpha Base! Feel free to introduce yourself Reply with quote

Princess Cryvo wrote:
Greetings Alpha Base members! I'd like to take a moment to welcome all of our members; new and old, full and forum only, and give you all an opportunity to just say hello and introduce yourself.

Here are some ideas to get you started:

* When did you join the Rebel Legion? Hello my name is Jerry, I'm not a member yet. I am still in the process of creating a Jedi costume. I live in Edgewood, Wa. I'm 51 years old and I've seen all of the Star Wars movies. I like to make costumes. I'm in the process of creating a generic Jedi costume so I can hopefully become a member.
* What inspired you to join?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Alpha Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: