About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=50b2a597804f32d61c1c86fd19598839Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Welcome to Alpha Base! Feel free to introduce yourself here
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Alpha Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Princess Cryvo (Crystal von Oy)
Alpha Base CO
Alpha Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:14 am    Post subject: Welcome to Alpha Base! Feel free to introduce yourself here Reply with quote

Greetings Alpha Base members! I'd like to take a moment to welcome all of our members; new and old, full and forum only, and give you all an opportunity to just say hello and introduce yourself.

Here are some ideas to get you started:

* When did you join the Rebel Legion?
* What inspired you to join?
* What part of our base are you from, or what city do you live in?
* What do you like about being a Rebel Legion member, and/or what does the Rebel Legion mean to you?
* What costumes do you have, and are there any other costumes in your future?

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible" - Walt Disney
Alpha Base CO
Alpha Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'll start! Smile

Hi! My name is Crystal, I joined the Rebel Legion in 2010. I am currently living just north of Seattle in Mill Creek, Washington. I currently have 9 Rebel Legion approved costumes, with a bunch more in the "que".

I was inspired to join because I LOVE making AND wearing costumes. Plus, I had never done any volunteer type activity prior to this and I wanted to learn about how it all worked, and now that I have been doing this for a little while, I often wonder...where has this been all my life?! I mean, I get to wear a costume, that I made, "be" a character that I love, AND I get to help people while doing it?? SIGN ME UP!!! Plus, I am also a total good guy at heart! (and yes, I am a duel Legion member)

Being a Rebel Legion member means a lot of things to me, it is hard to pinpoint any one thing. It means friendship, family, and fun, but it also means loyalty, determination, and perseverance. It's not about any one person, but about helping others, helping brothers and sisters, friends, family. It's about helping someone smile if they are struggling, it's about celebrating achievements no matter how big or small. I never realized how big of a family I had when I joined. I was inspired when I was able to go to my first Celebration this past summer, I hope to pass on that inspiration and continue to learn as I go.

I have the honor of being CO this year and I hope that there are great things to come!

JediKai (Kate B)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Kate. My full Jedi name is Kai-Thri Ona. My screen name is obviously jedikai so I'm more known as just "Kai".

* When did you join the Rebel Legion? I joined Rebel Legion in 2 June 2002 when WA was considered Endor Base. But.... I've been costuming as a Jedi before the RL existed! And I was participating here in Seattle as part of the Star Wars Society before Alpha Base was formed (well sort of.... that's a long story as AB existed before the RL....). I was one of the people that brought Alpha Base into the Rebel Legion in July 2003.

* What inspired you to join? I wanted to join with other SW costumers to enjoy wearing our costumes and spreading the fun of Star Wars.

* What part of our base are you from, or what city do you live in? I live in south King County, near Renton, WA.

* What do you like about being a Rebel Legion member, and/or what does the Rebel Legion mean to you? I've had a lot of fun and experienced events I never would have done but for the Legion. I enjoy the friendships that form in this group. I like having a venue in which to wear my costumes and seeing the joy these bring to other people, particularly children. It's also wonderful to join with others in doing good works (though I have a couple other volunteer outlets).

* What costumes do you have, and are there any other costumes in your future?

I have several versions of standard Jedi in different shades of tan and brown. I have a couple with printed tabbards. I have a blue healer Jedi costume.

I'm pretty sure I was the first person to develop the Jocasta Nu costume and have shared my drawings for the tabbards quite widely (all around the RL world).

I also have a Rebel Fleet Trooper costume for those events that only want original trilogy costumes.

For the future.... I want to re-do my Jocasta Nu with actual embroidered designs on the tabbards.
KentLeia (Heather Skaggs)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Hello I am new! Reply with quote

Hello, My name is Heather, I have just been accepted into the Rebel Legion. My screen Name is KentLeia.
I was inspired to join Alpha Base after I met the group at a local convention many years ago. My Uncle was a freelance artist for Lucas, so I was very much emersed in Star Wars from a young age.
I live in on the Kent-Covington border on a small airport, and work as a Barista at Starbucks.
I currently only have the one Leia Gown but, my family and I have more cotumes in mind to create in the next few years I hope. I am a costumer of many eras and Genres so costume building is nothing new to me.
I have not participated Officially in any events yet but I am very much looking forward to working with this amazing group to help fans keep the dream alive and put smiles on the faces of children and adults alike. That is probably my favorite part of Costuming in general.
Alpha Base CO
Alpha Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Alpha Base Heather!

tereshkova2001 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all! My name is Torrey, and I've just been accepted with my Padmé lake gown. I won two awards with it at Norwescon, and I'm delighted to be a member of the Legion. I live in the north part of Seattle, and I make it to 3-4 cons a year.
I've got two other royal dresses, one of which I'll be submitting for informal status, and I'll be making Jedi robes sometime in 2014. If we expand beyond Star Wars, I have around 30 costumes, some of which are retired, and many more are in the works.
JediKai (Kate B)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Torry! I think I remember seeing you in that costume at Norwescon and thinking, "we need her in our group!". Glad you made it here!
Alpha Base CO
Alpha Base CO

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Alpha Base Torrey!

whitmers (Shaye Whitmer)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello All!
My Name is Shayé and I am fledgling here and still learning to fly.
* When did you join the Rebel Legion? I just joined the boards today. I've been to a bunch of events, pretty much everything that I had learned about as my children are big star wars fans. Usually I have my little one on by back and my most local frequent was comics dungeon and a con here or there.

* What inspired you to join? Some of my friends, specifically Eiyame who I met on on the ultrasabers forum as I was learning more and more about building lightsabers, while making a costume for the summer camp I am running ask about making it rebel legion compliant, I inquired and a lot of pieces fell into place. It seemed like a good way to use something that I was already getting made in order to engage in philanthropy and that seemed pretty great.

* What part of our base are you from, or what city do you live in? I live in Seattle, Wa.

* What do you like about being a Rebel Legion member, and/or what does the Rebel Legion mean to you?

As I am new to the board and my costume is not yet submitted, the part I am looking forward to is talking with other fans and helping in its philanthropic efforts.

* What costumes do you have, and are there any other costumes in your future? The future costume is going to be a Old republic jedi/ Gray Paladin (former Teepo paladin). As of right now, the only costume potentially in the arsenal.
Alpha Base CO
Alpha Base CO

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Shayé! We look forward to seeing your costume progress!

naigon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

My name is Scot and my Jedi character name is Naigon Akoii. I've had a mostly complete costume for years but never really had the belt or boots correct. Well, after meeting up with Garrison Titan and co. at ECCC this year I really wanted to complete my costume and join the legion.

I'm also not that new to Star Wars, as I've been working with building saber electronics for custom light sabers for the past few years. You can find my site here: http://SaberIgniter.com. I'm definitely a techie at heart and love to build so sabers are totally my calling. Let me know if anyone is looking to build one, I can definitely give you a lot of tips.

I'm looking forward to going out and doing some trooping events in the future!
Alpha Base CO
Alpha Base CO

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Scot! I may have met you as one point as well at ECCC. Looking forward to seeing your completed costume! Smile

needanID (William Lalum)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

* When did you join the Rebel Legion? Well, I have not joined yet. I am queuing up my next costumes, but I am interested in joining due to my childhood love of the movies and seeing the charity work that is done around the world by the RL/501st. As a child I loved playing Star Wars, now that I have a job that can support it the better.
* What inspired you to join?
(See above) Smile
* What part of our base are you from, or what city do you live in?
Im in the Kirkland area of Seattle.

* What costumes do you have, and are there any other costumes in your future? I have some BSG deckhand and duty greens, an USCM (Aliens) smartgunner, next up is my ghostbusters and x-wing pilot. As an FYI, my girlfriend is interested in doing a senator Leia too.
Alpha Base CO
Alpha Base CO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings! Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your progress!
Best of luck on your costume builds!

JaySea93 ()

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, My name is John, My Jedi Character name is Jo-Nin Crowe.

My costuming plan is to make him a generic Jedi robe set first, then work on an Ep III Obi-Wan.

I'm not in the Legion yet, so I hope I'm not out of line posting here. I have been a lurker on the forums for some time, but never made the leap into membership.

I've been a SW fan since I was blown away by ANH when I was a kid. My love of all things SW runs very deep. I'm just starting my first set of Jedi Garb now; most of my costuming has been for Halloween parties and medieval style stuff. I've enjoyed some minor leatherworking and painting as other hobbies.

I'm in the Gig Harbor and Tacoma areas frequently. I try to get to as many cons as I can, I'm usually working them in the gaming area.

I like the creativity and professionalism I have seen in the Rebel Legion. I have been to events where they and the 501st have made an appearance and always said I'd like to join up someday. I hope to finally make that happen now.

I have a simple Han Solo costume that I'm improving (Halloween party passable, but nowhere near RL standards) and hope to have another Jedi setup soon for my son. I've also always wanted a Stormtrooper Armor set, but that's a ways off yet.

So until I get a chance to meet you, I'll be reading through the forums and learning my way around a sewing machine.

~Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Alpha Base All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: