About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=66f560856f90e01f0219cb7a7cf50b71Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

"All Wings Report In" Needs French's Help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> French Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarthGM (Phil Maiewski)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: "All Wings Report In" Needs French's Help! Reply with quote

French Base, we need your help! (As could I, if someone can help me translate…)

The All Wings Report In podcast wants to start spotlighting our various bases to highlight the work and events each base takes part in. If you could, let us know here what are a couple of your "signature events". The events that really bring out the largest number of members, from your base and abroad. Ones that are known locally and nationally. Ones where your base really steps up and makes a positive presence for the Rebel Legion. You know what I mean?

We want stats! What's your current active membership?

What face characters are in your roster? Do you have one of each of the Big Three? Do you have five Anakins who submit to a ritual kuma te fight to see who appears and which events?

What costume has the largest number represented? Do you have enough pilots to recreate the Battle of Yavin, or enough Rebel Commandos to take over a fortified bunker and hold it indefinitely?

What date were your base and detachment groups formed? Be as exact as possible, but even giving us month and year can help us congratulate your anniversary.

We want to talk about you, and your segment of this wonderful Legion we belong to. So let us know here and Erich and I can start compiling data!

Finally, we need your voices to help us make All Wings Report In truly "podcast of the Legion". At the beginning of every show, we take three "Standing-By Bumpers" from our list and included them in our opening. We're starting to run low, and know we have a lot of Bases, Squads, Squadrons, Temples, Delegations, Command Posts, and Clans out there that we'd love to get into our rotation!

It's real easy to submit a bumper; just call the show at 781-609-SAGA and say "<your base or local detachment group name>, Standing By!" So, French Base, Standing By! Someone, call it in! You can also record it as an MP3 or .wav file and email it to us too.

(Oh, and please, be a member of the Base/Detachment when you call it in. It’s only fair.)

Be sure to leave your name as well, and send us an email to podcast@rebellegion.com and let us know you did. We'll be entering your name into a monthly drawing for an All Wings Report In patch starting in June.

That's it! We thank you for your assistance in this project, and in helping us showcase the great work your base is doing for our Legion!
Corell (Nicolas DEMORY)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Phil,

Apologizes for the delay! Of course it will be a pleasure for the French Base to provide you all the necessary informations, and to participate to the All Wings Report In Smile

I'm one of the Logistic Officer of the French Base and I'm able to give you a first answer; certainly this will be completed after by our CO and/or XO.

Three exhibitions take place every year in France, and gather all the members of the French Base:
- "Comic Con", which takes place in Paris, in July
- "Migennes Collector", which takes place close to Auxerre, in February
- "Les Héritiers de la Force - Cusset", which takes place close to Vichy, in April

Each of the 44 current active members of the French Base are generally present at least once of these three events.

The majority of our costumes are Jedi Knights, we already have a Jedi Temple (with 22 Jedi, therefore half of the Base); but at this moment, a lot of Rebel Pilots are just validated or are going to be validated soon, so we will have soon around 6 ou 7 pilots.

Concerning face characters, we have:
- a wonderful Chewbacca
- two Han Solo
- two Princess Leia (a Yavin ceremony and a Bespin escape)
- two Padme (one Arena, and one Battle Naboo)
- one Aalya Secura
Unfortunately, we have no Luke. But we have a few of extended univers face characters, like Jaina Solo (in Rebel Pilot outfit), and Starkiller (in ceremonial robes).

I do not know exactly the dates our base and detachment groups formed, but I'm sure our CO or XO will be able to answer you.

I hope these information will help you!

Concerning the podcast, we are going to do an event at the end of May, so I can take advantage of this opportunity to record several voices of our members on a MP3 and send it to you by mail.
I just want to understand clearly what you need: do you want only one voice saying "French Base, Standing By", or can we be several members talking one after the other, like for example: "Mike, French Base Jedi Knight, stanging by! John, French Base Rebel Pilot, standing by! Laura, French Base Princess Leia, standing by!" ?

Thanks!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil ,

The French base has been created in 2002 . We've been celebrating our 10th anniversary last year .
That same year , on august 26th 2012 , the Jedi detachment " Six Towers Jedi Temple" was created .

Abour the "face characters" : There is more than 2 Leia in the French Base , even if one of them is not present as often as she used to ; but this girl as a large collection of Leia's and Padme's gowns : including ANH with buns , battle of Endor gear , Ewok village dress .

And we do have 2 Luke .
One of them made an unforgettable appearance during the 1st CelebrationEurope in London in his ceremonial oufit from the end of ANH .
(where Mark Hamill was also attending) making a lot of people amazed , wondering if the guy in front of them really was Mark wearing is costume from the movie ???
unforgettable memories !
Unfortunately, for family reasons , we no longer have the chance to meet him at cons .

The other Luke, also only participating once in a while, have fun with odd costumes , mostly from deleted scenes . His Luke wears the poncho seen at dockin bay 94 , along with the hat and glasses from the deleted scenes . He also has a Han Solo facing the sandstorm on Tatooine after escaping the Sarlaac .

The French Base also had a leading role in creating in 2006 a group of Rebel Fleet trooper for our base, as a group project , building at the same time 12 costumes alike , and setting the references for all european fleet troopers coming at Celebration Europe London .
Maybe the most exciting project I've been involved with .
The medal ceremony re-enactment at Excell was just a blast !!
French Base XO
French Base XO

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello Phil

the French base have an Jedi Temple with 22 templars and "face characters" :
http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44542

and we have an other Luke's costume : Luke pilot red five ANH.
we are currently seeing for the creation of a squadron

bye bye
Temple Master of the RLFB "Six Towers Jedi Temple 2012-2013
Member of Rebel Legion Knights of the Jedi Order detachment
Member of Rebel Legion Starfighter Command Detachment

Last edited by JEDICHRIST (DELONG.CHRISTOPHE) on Fri May 24, 2013 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ste-Waz Sandoli ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it is time to tell you about my projects.

I finalize my X-wing pilot costume (the flakvest isn't finished yet ; and I want to manage may validation with an helmet).
After I will work on a Colonel Fel one, and on a face character one : Obi-wan "Ben" Kenobi.

For the last one, I already have the more difficult item : an accurate illuminated lightsaber :

Member of the RLSC - #7 in the French Base's Corellian Griffons Squadron
French Base M.O. (in association with PLeia)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> French Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: