Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ba676dbad69c288fffd925e1f20216d0Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Wanna' be Jedi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kraysh (Andrew)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Wanna' be Jedi Reply with quote

I've been working on a Jedi costume for the past while, and now that I'm done I want to know if you all think it's up CRLs.

Fyr Mureys ()
Tython Base CO
Tython Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In general, I'd say it looks great, love the green! Wink

More particularly, going through my mental checklist, I'd say length is good, design is good, and it would probably be approved.

Robe, food capsules, inner tunic, droid caller, good for formal approval.

What I would suggest for formal approval is to make it look good! Don't do the photoshoot alone, iron your costume beforehand and make sure that your partner helps do things like straighten your tabards so they sit right at front and back, tuck your pants into your boots more, and take your side pics with arms up so we can see your belt gear clearly.

Usual disclaimer, I'm not a costume judge, but it looks great to me so far!

Tython Base Facebook Page
SithariRog (Roger Allen)
Legion Membership Officer

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my perspective…

You have made a rather nice Jedi costume, and you have all of the “required” components.

You have the following “formal” requirements:
Large Jedi robe
Inner tunic
Jedi communicator
-This is three, which is all you need, so you’re good.

I will point out that…you do have one pouch and two food pellets. For someone who doesn’t have a robe or a Jedi communicator, they’d need to add one pouch and two food pellets (to keep with the costume standard).

So, I think you’re good for formal status for the Generic Jedi!

Good job...SUBMIT THOSE PICS!!! Thumbs up

Past Offices: Asst. LMO, Legion Costume Judge, DCO KJO, BCO Tranquility Base
Kraysh (Andrew)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SithariRog wrote:
From my perspective…

You have made a rather nice Jedi costume, and you have all of the “required” components.

You have the following “formal” requirements:
Large Jedi robe
Inner tunic
Jedi communicator
-This is three, which is all you need, so you’re good.

I will point out that…you do have one pouch and two food pellets. For someone who doesn’t have a robe or a Jedi communicator, they’d need to add one pouch and two food pellets (to keep with the costume standard).

So, I think you’re good for formal status for the Generic Jedi!

Good job...SUBMIT THOSE PICS!!! Thumbs up

Thanks, your tutorials were a big help SithariRog. Ben

And there are actually 4 of the food pellets, you just happen to not be able to see all of them in those pictures.
Which by my count gives me 4 of the formal requirements (inner tunic, food pellets, communicator, and robe).

RavenApprentice (Angel Martinez)
Legion CO
Legion CO

Medals: 9 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your color combination Andrew! As jason pointed out
Try to get a helper for your official submission photos.
Good Work!

May the Force be with you ... Ben

Former Puerto Rico BCO | KJO XO | Wretched Hive XO | Legion Costume Judge | Legion Charter Committee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SithariRog (Roger Allen)

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome!!!

And yes, make sure all of your belt components can be seen in your application pictures. Well...make sure all components of your costume are clearly visible Wink

And I just want to mention this reagarding robes. The LCJs tend to ignore robes if there are enough other "formal" requirements. In your case, since you have the food capsules, we would tend to ignore the robe. Why do we end up ignoring robes? Well...sadly, we get a lot of applications where the robes are really not screen quality robes (most are not full enough). Your robe has a great look to it, it is full and the right size for your costume. Youv'e done a really good job with your robe. I will tell you that, with the current personality of the Jedi LCJs, green is not one of our favorite colors for Jedi robes. The color of green you've chosen (especially with how it compliments your pants) is really good. But..I'm just letting you (and anyone that might read your thread) know what the general tone is of the LCJs with respect to robes. Again, you've done an excellent job with your robe, and I congratulate you!

I think your application will fly through the application cue without any problem. Take those pics!!!

Past Offices: Asst. LMO, Legion Costume Judge, DCO KJO, BCO Tranquility Base
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: