Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8cc16eb05d17f357e0ee499eded86642Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Little Red "X's"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Legion Operations -> Legion Tech Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSolo77 (Brian)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Little Red "X's" Reply with quote

Hi,

I just recently had a costume approved for Formal membership. In the area for "Pictures from other sites" all of mine are showing up as little red X's instead of thumbnail photos like they are on other member profiles. If I click on the text describing the photo, it will take me to flickr to show the photo, but I want to be able to see it directly from the Legion page, without getting re-directed to flickr. This is how it is with other members.

I thought perhaps that my photo files were too large, so I re-sized them and posted them to flickr again, edited my profile, but it did not help. Do I need to use another site (like photobucket)? Is there something else I should be doing? Any help or advice anyone can give me would be great!! If I can't get the photos to show as thumbnails, then I'd rather have no links at all...

May the Force be with You all,

Brian
WedgeAntilles (James Norman)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's because you didn't use the correct links. No big deal, so many submissions come in like that we're used to it.

You used:
Code:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/87663055@N02/8291833283/

Since that doesn't end with the actual picture file name and is just the location of the file page itself, it doesn't show up properly. It needs to end in a .jpg to be correct.

With Flickr, you need to go to each image page, select a size and open it. Then get the image source link. The easiest way to do that is to right click on it and select copy image source or something similar depending on your browser.

Flickr no longer gives you the direct links easily, so the last step is required now

You should end up with a link that looks like this:
Code:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8351/8291833283_329d45d70c_k.jpg

These will show up in your profile.
CaptSolo77 (Brian)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick response!! OK, I tried the type of code you gave me. This time, when I hit "test address" from my profile page, instaed of little red X's, I got a message from flickr saying "this photo is currently unavailable." It seems flickr has some guidelines in place saying that photos posted to other sites must re-direct back to flickr, that's why the direct link is no longer given from flickr's site.

I'm wondering if I shouldn't just try another site Rolling Eyes ???
CaptSolo77 (Brian)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God Bless Computers, they only do exactly what you tell them...

I was typing in "jpeg" instead of "jpg". Seems to be OK now, thumbnails are showing up. Thanks so much for your time, assistance, and quick response!!

May the Force be with You,

Brian
WedgeAntilles (James Norman)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problemo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Legion Operations -> Legion Tech Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: