Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ed4e3db84d0e9412566ca8176b7c1506Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Rots DVD event planning
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kessel Base -> Kessel Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Korvyn Halcyon ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:10 am    Post subject: Rots DVD event planning Reply with quote

OK maybe everyone doesn't know but nov. 8th is the scheduled release date for RotS. I think we should start planning now for it so that we can hopfully do something huge. I know it's early but if we start now we can shop around for openings and all that. i know my Toys r us wants to do something however they are limited by what they can do. i know they won't be able to midnight realease it for actually quite stupid reasons. However that leaves me hopefully able to travel to somewhere for a really big release party. I really want to make an awesome event out of this.
Princess_Lesa (Lesa Williams)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Rots DVD event planning Reply with quote

Sounds like fun!
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Rots DVD event planning Reply with quote

Here Nashville we will be doing a lot of trooping including the video store (Movie Gallery) where I work. Here is what I am planning for that.

-We will troop the Friday and/or Saturday after the DVD comes out, rather than on the Tuesday it is actually released.

-We may take out an ad in the paper to promote the event using the store's advertising budget.

-We will print up a bunch of half-page fliers to insert into all Star Wars DVD's (not just ROTS) about 1 month prior to the event so people know about it.

-We will put full page fliers up in the store to promote it.

-We will pull existing SW DVD's and videos off the shelf a week or more before ROTS is released, and we will only put out some copies of ROTS on Nov 8th. This will ensure that we have Star Wars movies available to rent when we are actually trooping the event.

-We may rent/bring some tables to setup at the event to promote our group.

-The store is located in a major intersection with several resteraunts, fast food joints, and grocery stores within walking distance. Plenty of places to send "patrols."

I'm sure we will also be trooping places like Media Play and Best Buy.
Korvyn Halcyon ()

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:30 am    Post subject: Rots DVD event planning Reply with quote

too bad they didn't tie it in closer to the Bristol Night race. That would be awesome. still thinking about going down to dallas for the release.
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: Rots DVD event planning Reply with quote

Media Play is a cool store. Some days I miss Nashville. Nice town.
Buuti Kall Wasabi ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Rots DVD event planning Reply with quote

Pretty safe to assume that the Best Buy up in Plano will be the only one doing a "Midnite Madness" type of thing.

I was there for the Classic Trilogy DVD release.  Lots of 501st were there.  Need more Jedi this time!

Leba Draddog ()

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Rots DVD event planning Reply with quote

There were almost as many Jedi as 501st at the OT release there, as I recall. I was on the news, which is part of why I'm no longer costuming...

Anakin Skywalker - Ep III ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Rots DVD event planning Reply with quote

Its released Nov. 8, W00T!!!  I'll be back from basic and be able to join in the event
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Rots DVD event planning Reply with quote

Yeah Anakin! So glad you will be back!
Pointer (Kristine)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Rots DVD event planning Reply with quote

I know that mostly Best Buy at Plano is the one that has the midnight madness...

However....with new options that face us... we may do another store.   We are still in talks with a few places to see where we will end up.  Smile   But we WILL do a store event of some sorts.  Smile

Kristi

Leba Draddog ()

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Rots DVD event planning Reply with quote

I never did see Nov 8 anywhere, but starwars.com is saying Nov 1 right now. Just FYI.
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Rots DVD event planning Reply with quote

Heard Nov. 1 on the news tonight too.
Invader ()

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Rots DVD event planning Reply with quote

My contact at LFL said it's November 1st
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Korvyn Halcyon ()

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Rots DVD event planning Reply with quote

fan force said 8th but hey 7 days earlier woohoo!!!!!
Buuti Kall Wasabi ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Rots DVD event planning Reply with quote

Nov. 1st rapidly approaching.................

Any new developments in regards to organized costumed appearances?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kessel Base -> Kessel Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: