About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=20f51c9360ea7532e16091d00a0a009cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Aloha from NYC!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Asia/Pacific -> Hawaii Outpost
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benae Quee (Kristin Mrozek Sirota)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Aloha from NYC! Reply with quote

Greeting from Echo Base, where it's cold and wet lol My job is flying me to the Philippines on January 5th (so, in two weeks!). What does this have to do with HI? I happen to have a 22 hour lay over in Honolulu! I have never been to HI before and am super excited. My main goals of things I want to do in my short time there...

1. See the USS AZ... my grandfather was at Hickam Field when the attacks happened. He had a car an bolted from Hickam towards Wheeler, thinking it would be safer, only to be caught up in everything again. He saved several lives that day and got a purple heart for it (he lived to 80). I think it is my duty to visit the memorial in his honor.

2. Hula hoop on a beach as the sun sets. I am an avid hoop dancer and cannot leave HI without doing this. I'd love to fire hoop on the beach, but I can't bring my fire hoop with me, so I'll settle for regular hooping lol.

3. Watch the sun rise with a view. I live in NYC, my sunrise in the morning consists of watching the shadow on a brick wall outside of my apartment window :-( I want to see something spectacular.

Those are my goals, I'd also love to meet the Hawaiian Outpost and maybe go out for good drinks and grub? Is there any local beer that isn't to be missed (I LOVE local brews when I visit new places). Would anyone like to meet up while I'm there? My plane lands 3:30pm your time on 01/05 and I have to leave 12:45pm your time 01/06 I'll be back again on 01/16 for my return home, but only for about 3 hours, so I'll be staying in the airport.

Also, would I be able to crash on a couch/floor? I'll have my purse and a hula hoop and I can sleep virtually anywhere (I'm storing my larger baggage at one of the places suggested by the airport). I'm not allergic to cats, however - dogs prone to heavy shedding or with very short hair are bad on me. If not, is there a pretty cheap motel/hotel near the airport? Everything I saw was like $100 for a night (YIKES).

Hope to meet some of you Amadalia

oldman808 (Chris)
Hawaii Outpost CO
Hawaii Outpost CO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey!

So glad you posted!

All of those things seem do able! Lemme see if i can round up the gang, and cater you around for those requests. Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to meet you guys :-D And if anyone ever finds themselves in NYC, I'll be sure to return the favor and show you the BEST slice of pizza on the planet ;-) Okay, maybe I'm partial since I'm from NY lol.

oldman808 (Chris)
Hawaii Outpost CO
Hawaii Outpost CO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoL........That would be awesome!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
WetOkole ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My CO just informed me on this!! If you need anything Chris let me,know!!
Kalbuir (Daniel Ben)
Hawaii Outpost XO
Hawaii Outpost XO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would luv to meet up, where ever the gang decides to go I'll be there.
Kalbuir (Daniel Ben)
Hawaii Outpost XO
Hawaii Outpost XO

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so is there a plan for this sat?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for showing this NYC Girl a good time in paradise, even if it was only for short while :-)

Hooping to the sunset <3 One of my "Bucket List" items crossed off woo hoo

Local beers and Poi! It was good with the Poki (?), and I can see why you said it was like eating glue lol cheers

OMG Fabrics at the Aloha Stadium Swap meet! I picked up two 4yd pieces for summer dresses Smile

I had a great time, and now that my husband saw all the goodies I brought back and has had a taste of real Kona coffee and those Honolulu Cookie Company cookies, he wants to go now next year. It means skipping D*Con next year, but we never did get a proper Honeymoon, so it will be nice to actually indulge in one after 7 years of marriage lol.

oldman808 (Chris)
Hawaii Outpost CO
Hawaii Outpost CO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! Great pictures! It was an absolute pleasure to play host to you. Looking forward to you and Will hopefully coming down! And yes, the poi is like glue, but i like it! Smile

You caught my son Darnyle sitting down in the fabric picture. Hahahaha

Aloha

Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Asia/Pacific -> Hawaii Outpost All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: