About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=69d6b3a7f3276286fd55926cc80e90bcMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Jedi Costume

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Rogue Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
osirhsatan (Karl Kratt)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Jedi Costume Reply with quote

Just ordered some stuff to make a Jedi costume. I am wondering, where's the best place to get a light saber or are there any tutorials on how to build your own?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
roguehunter (Russell Hunter)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are tutorials on how to make your own lightsaber here: http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28410

If you want one pre-made with removable blade, there are a number of them you can find online that can custom them for you, but, to quote Dax from Ep 2, "it all depends on you deep your pockets are" Ben
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've looked at pre-made ones, but I'm not sure if I want to go that route, then again, I'm not totally sold on the build your own one either. I know I don't have all the tools to make the sabre, but I can't seem to find a pre-made one that I actually like.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jedi_master_boy (David LaTomme)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend either parksabers or ultrasabers; the difference being whether you want sound (go ultrasabers) or no sound (go parksabers).
osirhsatan (Karl Kratt)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking them over, still not sure. I know you can get ultras without sound, but I'm just not completely sold on what kind.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is going to depend on what is more important to you. parksabers use 3/4" blades which have LEDs inside (look at parksabers blade anatomy section for more info) which lets them have the scroll on and off function; because of this the hilts are therefore thinner and closer to "movie accurate" (google for a comparison between parksaber's Obi-wan hilt vs. the Force-FX Obi-wan to get an idea). Because of this, there is no room for a sound card in the hilt.

Ultrasabers use 1" blades, the hilts are broader and thus have the room for the sound card. because the single LED in the hilt provides the light for the blade, the blade 'snaps' on and off rather than scrolls.

Both sabers blades are removable so they can be worn on the belt. Again, it really comes down to what features are the most important (sorry if these are things you already determined; just thought I'd put it out there for others Smile )
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just remembered that there is also noturne armoury. they sell premade hilts without blades and electronics (so half the job is done for you). If you go the route of building your own, go with the custom saber shop for parts.
osirhsatan (Karl Kratt)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really haven't found one that I really like. I'm half tempted to get Dooku's sabre only because I prefer a curved hilt, but I'm SOL because of the red blade unless I could order a replacement blade.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may want to talk to Ken here in the base (ramsesxv). He is a sabresmith and may be able to.point you in the right direction as far as a curved hilt or modding a dooku hilt Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Rogue Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: