About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8e4553661917d44ada5e6bec82993f4bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

General Obi Wan Kenobi Master Jedi ep III & CW
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Knight Obi (Chad Pulliam)
Blue Ridge Base XO
Blue Ridge Base XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to post this over here. The master vid of the hockey night with pics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4y-8X3ilPc&list=UUlCHNrRb7vMs2vxAc5Wk5iQ&index=2

Blue Ridge Base XO
Nexus Temple Master
NC Regional Captain-Eastern North Carolina
Shay Kenobi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chad.

Congratulations again on this troop. It looked fantastic and a heap of fun, I would have loved to have seen it first hand Smile

Collecting MR sabers keeps the bank balance screaming thats for sure Crying or Very sad but still a few to add to your stash yet. I think they did 40 sabers during their tenure but I dont think they did Ventress or Fisto, certainly Dooku though.

I would never recommend the Guardian from Ultrasabers if you are looking for a screen accurate saber. I have this saber and I was shocked when it arrived. IT IS HUGE! I have taken a shot of it below, compared to a Parks EP1 I have.

However, because you prefer a larger hilt, it will probably suit you down to the ground. I was just a little annoyed that they never mentioned that it was as big as it is.

Good luck with the rest of the costume. I look forward to the final pics Smile

" Another happy landing "
Blue Ridge Base XO
Blue Ridge Base XO

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah.. If I did a EP II.. would just be a variation.. and would be mostly used for Cons since I will have 2 Jedi formally approved with RL once I get my Obi Wan Ep III all squared away. Thanks for the comparison pics. Yes I do like a larger hilt. Got some size comparison from the video that Ultra did. I would be mostly using the new guardian for future duels if any. I very much enjoyed the duel we did for the hockey game. It was a tense moment at the time to get all the choreography right. After its all over.. get to enjoy it by watching it on video.

I have actually seen on ebay and amazon for a time.. Ventress, Fisto and Dooku. Fisto is done in the style similar to Asokas. I'm also glad I got the Darth Maul conversion when I did. It is a lot easier to display with hilt only versus with the full blades attached with how it came from MR. It's almost double the cost than what I paid from Ultra a while back than what it is today.

I needed a duelable blue blade and a nice hilt and I think the guardian would do nicely with the hilt size I like to duel with.

Blue Ridge Base XO
Nexus Temple Master
Blue Ridge Base XO
Blue Ridge Base XO

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Shay..

Heres the Fisto and Ventress FX

Ventress
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Force-FX-Lightsaber-Ventress-EXTREMELY-RARE-Great-Price-/290914749570?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43bbdecc82

Fisto
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-FX-Lightsaber-With-Removable-Blade-Kit-Fisto-New-/271111688540?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f1f84115c

Should be getting the guardian in on Saturday. I'll let you know how I like it.

Meanwhile.. getting all geared up to go to Star Wars Weekends the weekend of May 24th. I'm excited. One, it will be the first time at Disney World. Two, my first Star Wars Weekends. Taking one of my Jedi with me to get some pics while I'm down there. The weekend I'm going down there. Ray Park and everyone's favorite Ewok will be there.

Looking forward to it. Still no signs on Boots.. so if I take my Ep III Obi Wan... it will be minus the correct boots. I'll wear my other Jedi boots with it like I did for the Fireantz Hockey Game.

Blue Ridge Base XO
Nexus Temple Master
Shay Kenobi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chad,

Nice pics of the sabers. Sorry I misunderstood your post. I read it as though you were after MASTER REPLICA Ventress and Fisto.

Chad wrote: " Rest are MR sabers. Yoda, Mace, Anakin, Obi Wan ep III, Luke ANH, and Darth Vader ANH. Missing Ventris, Dooku, and Kit Fisto. The only ones I can think of that they released that I don't have. "

These are FX - very different from MR's. The Master Replicas range ( about 40 in total) were display only, solid metal. None of them had blades. Some people use them as a base for a conversion ( I have too ) but they are very heavy and often drag down on the belt. Like I said though, this range of MR never included the ones you were after. Having said that, the fx ones look nice examples of " functional " sabers.

Have fun at the Star Wars Weekend, I am very jealous Laughing Laughing

Take care.

Blue Ridge Base XO
Blue Ridge Base XO

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh.. you were talking about the hilt replicas.

Yeah.. I was mainly speaking of the first run of fx sabers by Master Replicas which were later bought out by Hasbro. I do like the fact that they are making them with removable blades now.

Where did you get your Replica full scale hilt from for your Obi Wan?

Most of the original MR FX sabers are made out of metal etc.. some of them can be pretty heavy.

Yeah.. looking forward to Star Wars Weekends. Been working everyday this month including weekends this month. Been really busy this month with everything.

Blue Ridge Base XO
Nexus Temple Master
Smoke1080 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:45 am    Post subject: Need some advice. Reply with quote

Hey. My name is Matt Gronzo (Zev Groma) and am am also looking to do an Obi-Wan Kenobi episode III (as I also have the facial hair when needed). I have a robe and am thinking of eventually ordering a tunic set from ALIENARMSDEALER, which runs $400. It is top of the line quality and is approvable for submission to the RL. I still need a belt and the pouches, food cap, etc... and also have to get his lightsaber hilt (might build one). I also want to get his Master Replicas Lightsaber as it is the only one of those I don't have!

I saw the JDOS boots and am wondering if that is the best option for boots, or is there a better way to go?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Matt G.
Blue Ridge Base XO
Blue Ridge Base XO

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I heard from everyone, They are the best quality for the price and will last you through all your troops. The others out there start breaking down little after 2 yrs of trooping.

Contact "SithariRog" if you want some really nice Jedi Pouches for Ep III. That's who made mine. Just keep in mind they are non-opening boxes. Just for looks.

I have a nice looking color for EP III pants now with pockets. My back left pouch is leather and function to carry anything etc you have. That one is from Claudio as well as the rest of my Tunics etc are.

I haven't recieved my boots yet... Should be getting them around the corner now. Initially it was 3 months.. but as Roger has said in the other thread its now 6 months. I'll get some pics together when I get them and post them here. Wish you well with your build.

Blue Ridge Base XO
Nexus Temple Master
Dacen Salu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a set of Joseph Daniels ep3 boots and they are outstanding, well
worth the credits. good luck in your endeavor

Blue Ridge Base XO
Blue Ridge Base XO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest event photo from ConCarolinas. I know I know.. I have the hilt on the belt. Hey I needed two sabers with all those Mandolarians they had there this year. Think they had like 20 lol. Holding the new guardian saber I just recently got from Ultrasabers.. which is in the style of Obi Wan Ep 1 & 2. Note.. Shay did point out the differences in accuracy if going for an Obi Wan Ep 1 or 2. Me.... I just got it because it is styled that way of Obi Wan and mainly use it for future duels

I'm liking the look of this tunic etc and its also more comfortable to wear than my other Jedi .. and think its come together nicely. Still waiting patiently for the boots.

Blue Ridge Base XO
Nexus Temple Master
Blue Ridge Base XO
Blue Ridge Base XO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Gold Leader would say: " They are away!!! "

Looking forward to putting the final ensemble together with the boots and posting critique photos before I submit my Obi Wan application process!

Dance Chewie

The last event I've done with what I have assembled so far at the Victory Junction camp. Great rewarding event. Smiles on kids faces ten miles wide.

Blue Ridge Base XO
Nexus Temple Master
Blue Ridge Base XO
Blue Ridge Base XO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After 8 patient months Wink

Finally got them!
Dance Chewie

quick review of what I have

CG Food Capsules

I think I have everything now...I'll post up photos of the complete ensemble before submitting. I'll get some photos taken at the next event which is less than a few weeks away. If not sooner.

Blue Ridge Base XO
Nexus Temple Master
Blue Ridge Base XO
Blue Ridge Base XO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All put together.. My Action pose I'm submitting

Blue Ridge Base XO
Nexus Temple Master
Shay Kenobi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great Chad ! Congratulations, Well done Smile

Blue Ridge Base XO
Blue Ridge Base XO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Shay! The new boots feel great

Blue Ridge Base XO
Nexus Temple Master
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: