About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7d76df348de0c57c83d1c3156e72ed11Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New guy here.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MisterFubar (Nate)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: New guy here. Reply with quote

Allow myself to introduce... myself.

I'm Nate and I live in Gardner, KS. I recently joined the 501st and my first official troop was with a few of you at Barnes and Noble for the Building A Bookshelf event last weekend and I think I might have been bit by the Rebel bug. I was the shiny new Stormtrooper.

It seems most events in this area are a joint effort and I'd like the option of having a soft costume for some events so why not join the Rebelion?

Looks like I'll be starting off with a Rebel Pilot. Already have a good pair of Jackboots, gauntleted leather gloves and a Compad in the appropriate colors. I've ordered a helmet kit and have been planning out what I want to do for a unique paintjob and the interior. I've got some real flight helmet parts laying around so I'm thinking the interior is going to be fun, might even make it functional to wear at work when I can get away with it.
Ordered up some strapping to make my belt/harness and leg holder and I might go ahead and build my leg flares and mini-flares.
What's a good source for an accurate belt buckle? Haven't done much research yet, but my initial search didn't turn up much.

I know it seems like I might be coming out of the gate strong, but it will likely be a long process for the rest of my costume as I'll have to work on it as time and my hobby fund permit.
Gius Maximus (Rich Heffernan)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nate!

Welcome to the Dantooine Base area. We haven't met yet, but I do troop out in the KC area multiple times per year so I'm sure that we will eventually.

Always happy to have folks that want to troop with both sides and indeed most events are multi-group. I have a source for the belt buckle I believe that I can get to you later when I'm at home.

We currently have a five pilots and more of them in the works (including myself). We are also creating our own squadron within the base for the pilots as well. If you have any questions or need help with your pilot costume please reach out to us. Bart German (our XO), Sarah German, and David Scheffner all have approved pilots in KC.

501st - IC8294
70th Explorers Commanding Officer
Legion Council
Legion Council

Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the only source I know of right now for the belt buckle unless someone else has one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Prop-X-Wing-Pilot-metal-buckle-NEW-/130805131602?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e7497e952

The shipping is a bit high since it's coming from Argentina. May want to check to see if anyone else is looking for one to combine orders. That is how I ended up getting mine.

501st - IC8294
MisterFubar (Nate)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome.

I found this buckle as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Airborne-Webbing-Replacement-ROLL-PIN-BELT-BUCKLE-PLCE-/110681308396?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item19c51ebcec

Looks like a slightly cheaper option?

I can't find a source anywhere in the states for them.
Legion Council
Legion Council

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that would definitely work as well. I have not seen any here in the US either.

501st - IC8294
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your best bet for the buckle is to poke around the pilot area of the forums here; there's always people there finding them, even getting a bunch ordered to resell to folks here in the states. There's a pretty recent thread for them going now: http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41917

Dantooine Base: Keeping flyover country Imperial-free since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MisterFubar (Nate)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gandalfbmg wrote:
Your best bet for the buckle is to poke around the pilot area of the forums here; there's always people there finding them, even getting a bunch ordered to resell to folks here in the states. There's a pretty recent thread for them going now: http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41917

Thanks. I ended up ordering one from one of the links posted. It's shipped already but has to make the trip across the pond. Also got all my webbing in from Strapworks... Ordered on late on a Friday and it was in my mailbox on Monday. They will definitely be getting my business again.

I'm hoping my flightsuit will show up today. Once it gets in I'll start making my belt, harness and flare holder.
BedlamX (Tommy Sutton)
Dantooine Base CO
Dantooine Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy and welcome. I was the old dude in the green Jedi at the B&N troop. Was good to meet you. Plenty of folks around here to help with your pilot (though I am not one of them cuz I don't know anything about them Razz ).
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MisterFubar wrote:
gandalfbmg wrote:

Thanks. I ended up ordering one from one of the links posted. It's shipped already but has to make the trip across the pond. Also got all my webbing in from Strapworks... Ordered on late on a Friday and it was in my mailbox on Monday. They will definitely be getting my business again.

I'm hoping my flightsuit will show up today. Once it gets in I'll start making my belt, harness and flare holder.

If I may ask, where did you get the suit from? Have you sourced a vest and/or chest box yet (those seem the only major parts you haven't mentioned).

Dantooine Base: Keeping flyover country Imperial-free since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MisterFubar (Nate)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gandalfbmg wrote:

If I may ask, where did you get the suit from? Have you sourced a vest and/or chest box yet (those seem the only major parts you haven't mentioned).

I ordered the flightsuit from Wampawear, should have been here today, but with the weather and holiday USPS let me down for the first time in a long while. I didn't realize all the drama before I had ordered it and if it's any consolation I've also ordered a black flightsuit from MonCal, although I don't expect to see it for a month or more.

I'm ordering a flakvest, flares, chestbox and armtools from Darthhair. As soon as I hear back from him I'll be sending payment. Might have even ordered a second helmet as well... Had an especially good month selling LEGO so there was some extra funds burning a hole in my Paypal.

I think that's everything I'll need. Just need to make all my web gear.
MisterFubar (Nate)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BedlamX wrote:
Howdy and welcome. I was the old dude in the green Jedi at the B&N troop. Was good to meet you. Plenty of folks around here to help with your pilot (though I am not one of them cuz I don't know anything about them Razz ).

It was good trooping with you. Looking forward to many more in the future.
MisterFubar (Nate)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flightsuit showed up today. Decent fit, the sleeves are a bit short for my arms but overall it works.

Yes, I realize the helmet isn't canon. Surprised

Compad is a good fit, but I'm going to want to give it a little more curve.
MisterFubar (Nate)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worked on my belt and harness tonight. Not much experience sewing strapping, had I known it was this easy I'd have made and fixed a lot of my own gear over the years.

Belt still needs some velcro and the flare strapping but I'll wait until I get my flares to do that.

Should I bead blast the finish off the buckle or is the goldish color ok?
Legion Council
Legion Council

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Making some great progress, Nate!

501st - IC8294
MisterFubar (Nate)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a box of goodies today. I need to sew on all my flares and do a few minor things and I think I'll be ready to join.

Untitled by MisterFubar, on Flickr

Still need to pick a paintjob for my helmet and figure out a holster and decide what blaster to use. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: