About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=9bb75c7dec5eebfa1f6c39752e1219fcMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Bandolier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RIVETROADIE ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Bandolier Reply with quote

I am looking for a bandolier any connections?
berzerker (Andy Pegan)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you seek Cyodarun. PM her. i received mine last week. Gorgeous and accurate. It is heavy, though as all boxes are cast resin. Better price than I was expecting to pay - so much so that I felt compelled to tip her for the work.

It's ready to go upon receipt but I did remove all boxes and gave them a coat of Rub 'n Buff for a nice finish. A little black acrylic wash for weathering and then some Leather Lube to treat and weather the leather and I had the look I was after.

The large boxes have dimples for easily sighting the rivet holes.

Separate the head from the rivet...

...and glue them in.
jweger77 ()

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job improving the look of the resin boxes! Looking great!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

berzerker wrote:
It's ready to go upon receipt but I did remove all boxes and gave them a coat of Rub 'n Buff for a nice finish. A little black acrylic wash for weathering and then some Leather Lube to treat and weather the leather and I had the look I was after.

Looks good! I had the same idea, I was wondering how well the rub n buff would work. A couple of questions:

Which "color" of Rub n Buff did you use? I was going to use "Aluminum". Also did you experience the Rub n Buff coming off any? Some folks have reported (on other projects it may come off). I was also thinking of doing a weathering wash on mine as well.

I'll need to google "Leather Lube". Thanks for the tips.

Checkout my Chewbacca Facebook page for pictures and videos.
berzerker (Andy Pegan)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Rub 'n Buff aluminum colour. i use it for Tusken resin pieces so it was in the house. Exact match to Mel's paint, just more of a metallic finish. I applied (the Rub) it while wearing vinyl gloves because it does get everywhere. After sitting for a while I hit it with a clean cloth (the buff) to knock off ant residue. Then I did an acrylic weathering wash. I don't experience and transfer of the finishes at this point.

Leather lube is like vaseline but I got it in a boot shop to protect boots from wet environments.
Todzilla ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

berzerker wrote:
Yes, Rub 'n Buff aluminum colour. i use it for Tusken resin pieces so it was in the house. Exact match to Mel's paint, just more of a metallic finish. I applied (the Rub) it while wearing vinyl gloves because it does get everywhere. After sitting for a while I hit it with a clean cloth (the buff) to knock off ant residue. Then I did an acrylic weathering wash. I don't experience and transfer of the finishes at this point.

Cool! Thanks.

This tutorial is a good resource for Rub n Buff. In this video he's making Jango Fett armor, but it's the same principle:
How to make armor with Sintra, Rub & Buff, and weathering

Checkout my Chewbacca Facebook page for pictures and videos.
RC1320 (Luc Lavictoire)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw the bandolier in person at Andy's place and it is stunning.
Wookiewannabe ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be sure that the bandlier is the correct length based on YOUR FINAL height in YOUR costume. The generic bandolier sizes do not always fit the different sized wookiees for approval. Just a thought.....

Chewy Layers snow to print
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work making them look so real. However, speaking from experience, you'll want to get some lighter boxes as soon as you are able. After about two hours in the suit, your shoulder will feel like someone had stabbed a knife in it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: