About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=839206f21b90699e2864160e4c7e2282Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

gTroop - Noel Northglenn, Northglenn, CO - Completed

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mountain Base -> Mountain Base Members Only -> Mountain Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marauder (Paul)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: gTroop - Noel Northglenn, Northglenn, CO - Completed Reply with quote

Greetings from your friendly neighborhood Imperial Mile High Squad Leader!

No, don't shoot! Smile Banzai had previously indicated it was all right for me to post Joint Operations events here, if they had not already come your way. Looks like I found my first...

Even though we just hit Halloween, our Christmas and Holiday requests have been coming in. The City of Northglenn has requested that we join them for Noel Northglenn, their annual Holiday Lighting Ceremony and Indoor Carnival. I realize that the Holiday season gets busy, but this troop has me pretty excited, and the city will be making a charitable donation in our name as well. They change up how Santa arrives every year, so who knows if we’ll get another chance to enjoy this with them?

We will be meeting and suiting up at City Hall, and proceeding from there with Santa and Mrs. Claus to the Northglenn Rec Center next door. The Carnival will be held at the Rec Center, and we will be milling with the crowd.

In lieu of our normal weapons, the City of Northglenn has requested that we bring oversize Candy Canes, Santa hats, and other appropriate holiday paraphernalia as substitutions. They will also be providing reindeer antlers that we can incorporate on our buckets.

11701 Community Center Drive Northglenn, CO 80233

Where function will take place? Mostly indoors with a small portion outdoors.

If outdoors, will it be cancelled if it rains? no

Time of Event
Time event starts 5:30 PM
Time entertainers need to be there: 4:45 PM (We can be there as early as 4:30 PM)
Time entertainers need to be ready for: 5:30 PM
Time event ends: 8:30 PM
Time entertainers can remove costume: 8:30 PM

Entertainers information
Any special costume requests or restrictions? Darth Vader has been strongly requested.
No weapons whatsoever.
Number of Characters needed? Any restrictions? No restrictions, as many characters as possible.

Rules and Guidelines
Will there be children present? Yes
What are the guidelines for interaction?
Bucket on/off rule ("Troop Mode" or casual): Troop Mode
Weapon restrictions: No weapons
Are squires needed at this event? Any restrictions? No restrictions.
Are members children allowed at event? Yes All Family members are welcome!!
Pictures: YES
Games, events, activities: YES

Trooper Provisions
Men's and Women's secure dressing area: Yes
A "safe zone" to unmask: YES
Will food/water be provided? Yes Pizza will be served to the people in Costume.
Any other entertainer "perks"? Riding in a SWAT van with Santa. :-)
Is there a prefered parking location/garage? Park at city hall: address 11701 Community Center Drive Northglenn, CO 80233
Is parking free/reimbursed? Parking is Free!
Is there a special entrance we should use? TBD. Nathan Buxton, TK 7459, works for the City of Northglenn and will have more information as we get closer to the event.

<Note: Copied & pasted from Mountain Garrison forums. I'll be doing the main roster management on that thread, found here: http://www.mg501.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10345
>

Roster:
1) Paul O -- bikerscout
2)
3)
4)
5)
Banzai (Hugh Coffman)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, thanks for creating a thread (here) for this event.

I didn’t realize the event is north of Denver. Coming from the Springs, it’ll take me 90 minutes one way to get there (three hours round trip not figuring in traffic). Having to work the next morning (December 8th), I was hoping for a Saturday evening event time instead of a Friday. Maybe next time my family and I will be able to attend.

Have fun to all those able to attend.
Leichtsaber ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys mark me as tentative right now and i will get back to you when the schedule for work becomes available.
plushie (Shana Farris)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am being absconded with by Jello for the 40's Ball instead!

AIEE.

darthhair (Jeff Rodriquez)
Mountain Base CO
Mountain Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim and I are a maybe. Will depend on what I have going for work and what time i will get off. Think they would be flexible on the show up time? Also it says no blasters?
Leichtsaber ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys i will be going i have friday afternoon and saturday off.
Marauder (Paul)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darthhair wrote:
Kim and I are a maybe. Will depend on what I have going for work and what time i will get off. Think they would be flexible on the show up time? Also it says no blasters?

They have requested no prop weaponry of any kind. They will be providing 3-foot candy canes that we can carry in lieu of blasters. Granted, they're a bit big to fit in Jango's holster... but I'm hoping to find something smaller for my boot holster, so I'll grab a couple of extras if I can. :-)

I'll ask about the flexible show-up time. Our kit-up changing area is in a building different than the rest of the event, but we will have a safe-zone area nearby that may work as a kit-up spot too. Smile I'll look into it.

@Brandon, good to hear it! Looking forward to seeing you on Friday.

@Shana: Naughty Jello!
Mountain Base CO
Mountain Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Paul. As luck has it, I may be working late but Kim is still a go for sure.
Mountain Base CO
Mountain Base CO

Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim and I will be there as well as David Scott in my tusken costume.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mountain Base -> Mountain Base Members Only -> Mountain Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: