About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=75d247409df4a33260f89b59909f3752Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Event Invite from Talon Clan (potentially last-minute).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Blue Ridge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NovallTalon ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Event Invite from Talon Clan (potentially last-minute). Reply with quote

Hello guys and gals of Blue Ridge Base.

As some of you know, Mercs manages a non-profit (Little Warrior International) from which we raise funds for our yearly Christmas fund as well as other children's charity initiatives.

This year LWI has awarded a portion of the Christmas fund (Verd'ika Fund) to Konnoak Elementary School in Winston-Salem NC. Konnoak Elementary is a magnate school that focuses around children with special needs. Around 95% of Konnoak's students come from families at or just above the poverty line. Many of these children get their only daily meal at the school.

Konnoak is splitting the awarded money between their backpack program that sends hungry children home with backpacks full of food, and toys for children in the Special Needs class. The school has asked for some Star Wars characters to come hand these toys out to the Special Needs children.

Here's the catch to this, it's going to have to be during the week and school-hours. I know that's not easy for anyone to do. I've committed myself to doing it, but I want to invite anyone that can make it to come out and help make these kid's Christmas a bright one. More than likely, it's going to be the only present most of these kids get.

I'm shooting for a Friday, either December 9th or December 16th. I don't have a time yet, but I'm meeting with the coordinator at Konnoak tomorrow and will update this post with a time. If either of these two days are do-able for you, please let me know here or email me at: mandalore@mandalorianmercs.com

Thanks!
~Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Blue Ridge Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: