About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=03d536b9aabfc1911280005d8a8a14c3Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Get a Haircut ya Hippie (when to trim my hair)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bigben ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Get a Haircut ya Hippie (when to trim my hair) Reply with quote

Hello all, I am starting a chewie and I have a question that I can't seem to find the answer to.
First, I've got the lifts planned and I plan to start from the floor up. I've for the mesh in the mail, and some hair already here, the hair I have is the 100% kanekalon jumbo braid, I've straightened it with the hair dryer, and its looking good.
Here's my question, the hair is long, each strand is 48" long. I plan to latch hook it into the suit, but I don't know if I should cut it first. Do I latch hook it from the center (where the rubber band is) making 24" hang off the suit, or should I cut it there (the the center rubber band) and use each half of the cut hair to hook on? That would make each strand 24", and 12" would hang from the suit when hooked on. That second option seems to be the one that makes sense to me, but I cannot find any reference to it on the boards.
Thanks BigBen
General Furball ()

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I just finished my pants on my Tarfful pant and working on my shirt. I would cut in half and just latch hook small strands. My mistake was latch hooking large chunks of hair in the beginning. Take smaller chunks and it will tighten a lot better. Also some people say to cut it in thirds so you will have 8" hang but I say you can always cut some off and trim instead of going back and adding hair later. Also try blending the hair with a hackle. Best decision ever because it won't look so one flat.
ZeroCooL (Nick)

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Afternoon guys Smile Any chance you chaps could PM me any details of where you got the components from, hair etc.. as i am about to start my build and could do with some references Smile

Thanks!

Nick
General Furball ()

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Character are you making. Most people use KaneKalon hair with the body. Tarfful is darker hair and Chewie is a lighter brown and grey.
ZeroCooL (Nick)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to start a Chewy build Smile

Im from the UK so im not sure if there are any suppliers over here, or wether im better off buying every thing from teh states.

Are there any suppliers i can get in touch with on the boards or?

SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop by the *** Chewbacca FAQ's*** section, and I think you will find many of your questions will be answered.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Tutorials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: