About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=66af0fe7efd967c7f4c027bc4efe50baMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ultrasabers - Light Saber Colours
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tatooine Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fyr Mureys ()
Tython Base CO
Tython Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiping down a simple hilt is pretty easy in a hospital. And you are usually required to wear extra gear, like yellow disposable gowns, when near someone with a nasty condition, it may be better to avoid giving those ones the hilts. You have to wash your hands between each patient, that is a good time to wipe the Saber.

Ultrasaber hilts with blade plugs will still light up, so the battery power drain is no different in a hilt than with a blade. The plug has an opaque Center but still shows an awesome ring of light around the edge of the emitter.

And we have done a lot of duelling with ultrasabers, and they stand up well to getting dropped. A few dents just adds to the realism and weathering... Wink

The last time I trooped, Swiv and I were the only Jedi there. We started dropping our cloak and robe on the kids, and they loved it! I fully agree with the idea of carrying a few extra props.

Another thing worth considering, for hospital troops, is shorter blades, rather than just the hilt. An initiate blade is two feet long, and ultra sabers is now offering a one foot blade for use with their Yari pikes. A short saber could be handed to a kid in a bed a lot easier than a long blade.

Tython Base Facebook Page
RebelRach15 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fyr Mureys - I have no idea what a blade key is...or most of what you said, but thanks for the info! I had no idea these groups even existed 3 weeks ago! :-)
Anaria Zar-Rel (Kristy Glasgow)
Naboo Outpost XO
Naboo Outpost XO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a pic of my first Ultrasabers lightsaber (at Armageddon Melb/Auck 2011) - double bladed (x2 Prophecy v3 joined together) with orange blades - I added the black o-rings for more detail. You can see how bright the orange is under convention lighting. I plan to use it for a Bastila Shan costume - she has yellow lightsabers, but thought yellow may look too pale - I went with the orange, which gives a good yellow effect under standard lighting.

I also have a Dominix V3 red saber that I won in one of their FB raffles, that is a strong red, very bright.

They have their own forums (link is on their left sidebar) - there are heaps of reviews and in person photos. I found this immensely helpful when deciding on colour and blade type. I chose slightly shorter blades, as when it is connected as double-bladed hilt, standard length would be way too long for me (I'm 5'3"). When my daughter (11) holds one of the hilts as a single, the proportions look right.

As for delivery time, I had shipping confirmation within 24 hours of ordering, and arrived a few days later via courier, very fast (this was last year, not sure if anything has changed since then). Neither of mine have sound, as it does add more to the cost (and often can't hear it in a convention setting), but I know kids always enjoy that 'realness'.
Active Legion Member

2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got pair of prophecy blades in blue to do a double bladed sabre, its a versitle option as you have them as you can keep them as two seperate blades or join them together to make the double sided blade.

Btw Kristy are you Lekku from Pam or did you make them yourself? I was going to make a jedi based on Shado Vao ( legacy era jedi ) but have but those plans on hold. But woud be still interesed in getting the lekku done in case things do improve.
Anaria Zar-Rel (Kristy Glasgow)
Naboo Outpost XO
Naboo Outpost XO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, my lekku are from Pam. Got them back in 2008, they are great. I took them in my luggage to Aus and US, still look like they did the day I got them.

I visited the Ultrasabers stand at D*C a few times, loved being able to see the hilts in person (and seeing how bright the different colours are).

Active Legion Member

2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool I was going to get a local prop maker to make them but he recently losy all his prop buildng stuff in a house fire, and is still getting back on his feet so may go with Pam's for now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tatooine Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: