Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3353bde15cfec712fa45331bec8e2ef8Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Angry Birds Star Wars, Rovio Celebration, Helsinki FINLAND

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Events -> Mission Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KenBenObi ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Angry Birds Star Wars, Rovio Celebration, Helsinki FINLAND
Event: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:00 pm

Oh boy.. Here we go..

On friday nov. 9th was the day that was a long waited here in Finland.
The Day. For two weeks I´ve done all the preparations that I could think of and I was stressing my a** off.
Did I remember to do everything, did I forget something..?
Those were the main questions in my mind when I arrived to the scene. I had my take away lunch with me and I tried to eat it quickly bit I just couldn´t. Tapio ordered me for several times to eat my food and not until Emma came and threatened me to eat, I had to do so :-D
Tapio and our supports (Esa, Markku, Dennis and Elina) were putting C3PO & R2D2 together on the other side of the hall and I knew this is it.

Finally, guys started to show up, most of them earler than I´ve excpected which was nothing but a good thing.
We started to go around the schedule and what was going on and when. And everything was perfect. We were ready to go.

I was one the first in costume since I was supposed to wait behind the curtains of the main stage. Tapio and Jouko were too in costumes and pretty much, everyone were ready.
I was told that I will get a heads up atleast 10mins before the buses arrive and all of the sudden Tapio was rushing towards me and shouting "First bus is here HURRY UP guys!"
I remember that I looked at the wall clock that was 17.23, 7 minutes early, then I rushed to shout at the door that "Gear up, buses are here, this is it!"
Everybody were ready and started to go at their places and wait for the show to begin.

I ran behind the curtains and lost all of the communication with the rest of the crew because I was supposed to be at the other end of the hall.
I managed to scare the living daylights out of the chef´s who were behind the curtain. I had my hood on and they shouted in english "It´s the Grim Reaper!!!" I told them not to panic, it´s just a crazy old fool (Ben) who is a part of the act a bit later on.

Meanwhile TIE Pilot and Snowtrooper were at their positions and did crowd control out side of the main doors.
People of Rovio were wondering "Are these guys the real from the movies" which hopefully you two can add something if there was something to add.

People started to swarm in and the excitement was all time high. This audience of ours were completely different than any other we have ever performed for. These were the very people behind the game.
So it was quite exciting aspect.

While I was behind the curtain I walked around a circle and possibly did a hole in the floor because I was SO nervous! :-D

After a long wait the opening speech started and we were ready to do our part. Speech was over and it was our key to start the action which was pretty much improvised from the ANH scenes.

The first one was when Luke and Leia tried to escape from the Death Star and right after Stormtrooper tries to stop them.

I saw between the curtain that first scene was exactly like it was supposed to be and then was the second part, guys did they part exactly as planne but Mr DJ decided to play the complete song!!! I was going nuts and thinkin "Nononononono what the %#%))(€&#€/(#( you &#)=?€)%## stop the music!!! Oh no we are so done...." But then I saw that the crowd was cheering and guys kept on acting and improvising! Then I started jump and shout without a sound "Go guys go, you can do it!!" And they did!
I was so proud of them that they just kept on going!
Then I realized that Mr DJ finally put the Empire march on the dish and that was also my que.

All the people were packed up on front of the hallway and waiting something to happen. And something did.
People started to cheer and shout when they got the first glimpse of Darth Vader and the noice were unbelivable while guys were marching in, lead by Vader.
I said one of the cooks that tell me when you can really see him since I couldn´t. There was so much crowd and everybody were takin pictures and I DO mean EVERYBODY!
All the hands up in the air and it was impossible to see when I was suppose to come out so I decided, this is it and jumped out behind the curtain.
Hmm... Everybody were facing Vader and no one noticed me while I was standing in the middle of the hallway. :-D Then I thought how am I gonna get thru the crowd to the point where we were suppose to meet :-D

I started to poke people and said something like "Step aside, I´ll take it from here, move along, I´ll deal with this" etc.
People were cheering and I can remember one shout quite well "Ben, rewrite the history!!" :-D :-D That was funny.

Finally, Ben & Vader had their "duel" everytime we changed the pose, people cheered more and more. It was phenomenal feeling!
The act was over and we marched on front of the stage and it was nice to see people gathering up with a huge smile on their faces.

Then were the time for speeches and we stand in guard on front of the stage. After speeches, it was pretty much as a regular troop, even thou the audience were different this time.

We had a good time and enjoyed that we accomplished what we came here to do and people were happy, including us too.

I was so happy to see our veteran troopers to come to the rescue even with extra short notice and enjoying the troop.

When we got out from the costumes we were asked to stay with Rovio and eat and enjoy.

That we did. It felt really great to hangout with the fellow troopers+supporters and have some fun Smile
It was about friendship and something we achieved together and pure happiness about it. Garrison and Rebels side by side.
The compliments that we got from Rovio about everything, was really great! And today I got a thank you mail from them and they were REALLY happy and wanted to co-operate with us again Smile

So, this was a long post, but since this event was my first as EC will you excuse me? :-D

Once more, THANK YOU everybody who were involved with this event

Johnnie Saares
TD-4785 / RedBlade - Ben Kenobi
Nordic Garrison / Nordic Base
Country rep. Finland / member

Troopvideo trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qojdzr58_Ag

Troopvideo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtVjcl4cQ1I
Lion Base CO
Lion Base CO

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good job! Very Happy ... thank you for sharing! Smile

Lion Base Commanding Officer | Docking Bay 94 Detachment Executive Officer
RavenApprentice (Angel Martinez)
Legion CO
Legion CO

Medals: 9 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angry Bird Luke!!! Very Nice!!! Ben

Former Puerto Rico BCO | KJO XO | Wretched Hive XO | Legion Costume Judge | Legion Charter Committee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
KenBenObi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys! I hope you saw the video as well? Ben
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work
KenBenObi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! Ben
Ryloth Base CO
Ryloth Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome report the photos really sell the story Smile

Star Wars Angry Birds you are so addictive!!!

Ryloth Base Website
Ryloth Base FB Page
KenBenObi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much! I´m happy too see that this troop has been noticed all around the world. It was a troop to remember... Please, check out the troop video too. I tried to collect the greatest hits and misses on that Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Events -> Mission Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: