About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=28d40381aaa99e7031acbb924d64764eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

message from Mary Franklin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crix ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: message from Mary Franklin Reply with quote

message from Mary Franklin to RL:

Quote:
The costumed Star Wars fan community and all Star Wars fans are vital to Lucasfilm and Star Wars. Our relationship is so very important.
Please know that we are carrying on business as usual, and you can continue to contact me as you always have.

message is brief, but I am sure you understand she is extremely busy right now Very Happy

IMO, I don't see Disney doing anything to us. Lucasfilm will still be Lucasfilm.
I see nothing but great things to come. New movies, new costumes. possible return of Luke, Han, and Leia!
before we had nothing but the clone wars and if I had to watch one more ep of Odneron I think I'll blow my brains out!

they bought Marvel and look at the great movies they have put out! I dont think we have anything to worry about. Troop on!

CO of The 'Verse (firefly/Serenity costume club)
SL/TK/IC 4913 of the 501st
Zombie_Bunny (Janine Jender)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:03 am    Post subject: Re: message from Mary Franklin Reply with quote

Crix wrote:
message from Mary Franklin to RL:

Quote:
The costumed Star Wars fan community and all Star Wars fans are vital to Lucasfilm and Star Wars. Our relationship is so very important.
Please know that we are carrying on business as usual, and you can continue to contact me as you always have.

message is brief, but I am sure you understand she is extremely busy right now Very Happy

IMO, I don't see Disney doing anything to us. Lucasfilm will still be Lucasfilm.
I see nothing but great things to come. New movies, new costumes. possible return of Luke, Han, and Leia!
before we had nothing but the clone wars and if I had to watch one more ep of Odneron I think I'll blow my brains out!

they bought Marvel and look at the great movies they have put out! I dont think we have anything to worry about. Troop on!

I don't think Disney would tell us we can't troop anymore. It would actually make them look bad because of all the charity work we do. I think that IF they do anything, it would be putting a stop to us making our own costumes. I think that Disney will say, "Well since we make costumes for our own Star Wars people, we will need you guys to buy from us. So that it can be uniform and so that no one is making money on the side". And of course the Disney toys costs an arm and a leg, I can only imagine what they'd charge for a set of armor... O.O
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not gonna happen, either. Hasn't happened to all the Marvel superhero groups, hasn't happened to all the Disney Princesses, TRON Cosplayers, etc.

Hell, they aren't even making an effort to crack down on the plethora of unlicensed Avengers stuff on the RPF. Tons of Iron Man parts runs, lots of Captain America, too.

They cast several Sunrider members in the various Star Tours videos in their costumes (pilots) and we've been doing Star Wars Weekends for 10+ years.

Based on how they have handled the acquisitions of Marvel and Pixar (i.e. left them a high degree of autonomy) and our existing relationship with Disney, there is no rational reason to believe that this will have any significant impact on how we do business.
Kurodor (David Obaidallah)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to agree also. It would be horrid publicity for Disney to tell us we can't troop anymore, besides Lucasfilm isn't going anywhere just like Marvel hasn't gone anywhere. Lucasfilm and all its divisions are just part of a parent company now.

I'm less critical of the decision now than I was earlier. I think it will be good in the long run. I just hope they have some continuity with this new trilogy to the older ones.

Ranger Squad CO
TK/ID - 4185 MWG
ewok55 (Ashley McClintock)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you guys. Like I've said before maybe merch may get something done to it.Like we have to put licensing stuff on it now or we are not allowed to do it anymore. Personally,I think we should continue with our business and doing what we do. Making sure to continue our good image and professionalism.
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this e-mail from Mary Franklin yesterday..

I do submit photos of events to her from time to time...
but it has been awhile..
so I honestly don't know which event she is talking about here but I know it isn't C6 because I didn' submit any C6 photos:

"Thank you for submitting your photos and stories to Bantha Tracks! I wanted to let you know that I’ve sent the December edition, which I called “Season of Giving,” to Insider, and your photos and/or stories were included. Thank you for helping keep Bantha Tracks completely “By the Fans; For the Fans!”

This Bantha Tracks¸#71, should be on newsstands in early to mid-December.

Have a wonderful Holiday season!"

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Zombie_Bunny (Janine Jender)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... not sure... I've never given her any pictures so I don't know.
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new message from Ms Franklin

"Good afternoon!

If you are on this email chain, you have either been directly involved in making Star Wars fan movies before, or I think you might know some good people who might want to make a Star Wars fan movie.

The press release regarding the live link below won’t go out until January 3rd, but I wanted you to have a heads up in advance.

http://tongal.com/project/TheForceForFun

Please spread the word to anyone you know who you think might be a good fit, and have a very happy season!!"

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: