About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3b169348bfc473fdc8daaa0fd2016627Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Platt Okeefe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Furiafelina (Ineabelle Rodriguez)
Puerto Rico Base CO
Puerto Rico Base CO

Medals: 9 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Platt Okeefe Reply with quote

I think I found the right smuggler for me to join the fringe detachment...

From the Platt's smuggler's guide

From the complete encyclopedia

**** Do I need a 3rd reference picture of the costume to be approved, or any other picture of the same character will do, even if the costume is different?? There are many more refrerence pictures of this character but I could only find these two of the same outfit ****
( http://s590.beta.photobucket.com/user/SoloYT1300/library/Fringe/Platt%20Okeefe/#/user/SoloYT1300/library/Fringe/Platt%20Okeefe?&_suid=135178907259108971705345070816 )

Found some nice gloves...

Do you think this will do for the jacket metal closures?...

the only problem I have is that the one's I found are not silver but brass colored, would that be an issue??

Since the hair length varies, I get something in between these to reference pics.

Detachment Leader / Former Legion Costume Judge

Last edited by Furiafelina (Ineabelle Rodriguez) on Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Puerto Rico Base CO
Puerto Rico Base CO

2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me know what you think...

Quote:
“Platt Okeefe had platinum blond hair, whose length she frequently varied. She took advantage of this by dying her hair when she needed anonymity.[2] Okeefe typically wore a red vest over a white blouse, with matching red boots, and a red and silver striped headband. Okeefe also wore pants with red piping down the side—possibly a set of Corellian Bloodstripes.[37] She kept a number of disguises on her ship, from menial tech overalls, to an Imperial Customs Officer's uniform, to evening gowns by some of the most famous designers in the Core Worlds.[11] However, even when settled in her ship, Okeefe kept a ubiquitous Spacer's chest prepared.[38]
She was considered quite beautiful by many and the notorious womanizer Lando Calrissian was known to be an admirer, once giving Darrik a bejeweled broach to give to her”

Platt Okeefe (Expanded Universe; “Rise of the Empire”, “Rebellion” and “New Republic” era)
Smuggler

Main Costume

Required Items:
  1. Platinum blond hair (or wig)
  2. Red/Silver diagonal stripe head band
  3. Red Vest with 4 metal hook closures, elbow length sleeves and tan or light brown colored sholders "pads" made of leather or pleather.
  4. Tailor fit white Blouse without collar, split neck front, long sleeves, made of matte fabric.
  5. Matching Red Boots, leather like.
  6. Tailor fit tan or light brown colored pants with red piping down the side—possibly a set of Corellian Bloodstripes. (not sure if pants are leather or a stretchy fabric, it looks different in each picture)
  7. Tan or light brown colored gloves (leather or pleather)
  8. Belt

(still working with the requirements list and need better pictures of the belt)

Aysel ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can color those silver closures easily, a little spray paint they'll be the right color. I'm also making this character, however I'm doing the white pants version which isn't covered yet in the standards. You've found my thread ^_^

501st Flagship Eclipse Costume Mentor
Kashyyyk Base Commanding Officer 2012/2013
Kashyyyk Base Membership Officer 2013/2014
Puerto Rico Base CO
Puerto Rico Base CO

Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the outfit that you are trying has a lot more reference pictures than mine!
I saw a third reference picture, just can't point the source's name, but must be a comic.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: