About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=81e0a9017d65b07f88d5eae64103ec98Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hurricane Sandy - Check in Echo Base!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benae Quee (Kristin Mrozek Sirota)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Hurricane Sandy - Check in Echo Base! Reply with quote

If you survived Sandy, do you still have power and internet, is your home okay, are YOU okay?

http://www.businessinsider.com/at-least-16-dead-75-million-without-power--heres-what-hurricane-sandys-destruction-looks-like-photos-2012-10#

My office lost power so there isn't even remote login to work from home. I have to answer emails as best as I can without access to much of my material and apologize to the people I can't help. I'm lucky that I still have power and internet myself. Many of my co-workers will not be getting paid if they don't have PTO since they can't work from home due to no power. The transit system is crippled, though they are trying to get some buses back up and running by 5pm today. The subway tunnels will take days to pump out and then another few days to clean up and repair before they can be turned back on (with what will definitely be limited service).

So far, all of my friends/family have checked in with no damage to their homes/persons. Some have lost power, but they are okay otherwise.

Endorscout64

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We did not lose power, cable or internet service. No damage or harm.
TrooperPX (David Ramsay)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some deadwood shaken out of the tree, but so far so good...

Echo Base - Binghamton, NY
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just some wind and rain in Buffalo, sorry to hear you guys got slammed down in New York City.

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
forceflaw (jarred daski)
Active Legion Member

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every thing ok here just got rain and wind never lost power or any thing.

18 " aggressive negotiations "
D-3po ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good here too.
Smile
Morgana ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnius and I are okay. We have power. Some of the siding came off of the house that are apartment is in during the middle of storm. Otherwise no flooding or anything like that. We were really lucky.
Daddy Solo ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All is good in my part of Brooklyn, but I'm geting a bit nervous watching the news about the long lines for gas, trains, buses, tempers flairing, and sadly- looting Mad

Delpa Gival (Patrick Delieto)
Echo Base CO
Echo Base CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: here Reply with quote

No computer access but can post from my phone. Hope everyone is ok and a quick recovery.
Padme of Hidden Lake ()
Active Legion Member

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So glad to hear everyone is ok!

We braced for the worst after what Irene did to us but nothing up here. My sister in Jersey got through ok, never lost power at home, but one of her buildings (she is an architect) was in the flooded areas, no way to inspect it yet so no idea how much redesign/rebuild she will need to do.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no power here in Mineola. No gas available either. Luckily my dad saved us by bringing an electric generator and some gas, to power the boiler and a few electronics over the weekend. At least we now have Heat, Internet, and some TV.
501st Legion/ECG - TK-6744 / SL-6744
Rebel Legion/Echo Base - ROTJ Luke / X-Wing Pilot

Navajo Bro ()
Echo Base XO
Echo Base XO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicole, the kids and I are okay, our house survived fine with no damage but the surrounding area is like a warzone. I work in Bradley Beach which is right on the shore and live like 3 miles inland. We're central Jersey in the basic area it hit bad.

One of Nicole's friend's nearby managed to keep power so she and the kids have been staying there. We haven't had power 7 days and counting and our entire county was out so it was bad, people are animals and out of control. I work then go home and layer up with clothes and guard the house against looters and people stealing / siphening gas and stuff. I literally walk from room to room with my gun and flashlight at all times, which is funny because anyone who knows me knows that I've been a cop for 16 years and don't ever even wear my gun off duty hahaha!

Work is crazy our town was destroyed the beachs are washed away, debris are a mile inland, boats in houses, monster trees everywhere, we had to deploy our K-9 for crowd control at the gas station when it opened, curfew in effect with borders closed and checkpoints, no power we're chasing looters and fighting with people who refuse to leave Ocean Avenue and stuff. It's literally crazy.

TB/TI/TK/TS/TX/CC/BH-8869
501st Legion
Northeast Remnant XO

501st Legion Trooper of the Month - July 2012
Special Ops Squad Leader - October 2012
First Ever 501st Legion approved Snow Scout
Delpa Gival (Patrick Delieto)
Echo Base CO
Echo Base CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Hurricane Reply with quote

That is pretty crazy,I hope things improve soon, We have damage here on LI but where you are like you said got hit the worst. I saw some footage on the weather channel and it looked like that roller coaster was in the ocean. to top it off now they are saying another storm in coming.
Navajo Bro ()
Echo Base XO
Echo Base XO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Hurricane Reply with quote

Delpa Gival wrote:
That is pretty crazy,I hope things improve soon, We have damage here on LI but where you are like you said got hit the worst. I saw some footage on the weather channel and it looked like that roller coaster was in the ocean. to top it off now they are saying another storm in coming.

Yeah, both south and north of us on the shore have amusement rides that are destroyed or washed away it's crazy. Bradley finally has power, but our neighboring towns still don't and they have round the clock National Guard deployment watching the borders. On both Ocean Avenue and Main Street when I reach the end of my town I am met by Hummers with armed soldiers, lol, I actually like that.

And it's getting cold, I'm still guarding my house and the inside thermometer hovers at around 43 degrees if I'm lucky Confused

TB/TI/TK/TS/TX/CC/BH-8869
501st Legion
Northeast Remnant XO

501st Legion Trooper of the Month - July 2012
Special Ops Squad Leader - October 2012
First Ever 501st Legion approved Snow Scout
dbdgamer (Dan Decker)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got power back but my internet is still down so I'm limited to my phone, but at least now I can charge my phone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: