About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3f74476770a374a2375762a83a617bb5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

ANH Ben Kenobi Belt pictures Part 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ben Kenobi (Paul Moomey)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: ANH Ben Kenobi Belt pictures Part 1 Reply with quote

There has been some discussion about the ANH Ben Kenobi belt and I decided to get out my Blu Ray and see what I could uncover, Most of these pictures had to be modified with a photo edit program because even the Blu Ray images were too dark to see much.

This Part 1 covers the D-ring on the back left section of the belt and something new I discovered about the belt buckle holes on the front of the belt.

This first picture shows an un-altered picture from the movie. Notice how dark the belt is. I discovered I could manipulate the image and bring out more detail.

[img]

I cropped the image down to just the belt and adjusted the brightness and exposure and here is the detail I got:

[/img]

Notice the d-ring is held by a loop of leather attached to the belt with one stud and at least one part of the loop is on the outer surface of the belt connected at the bottom of the belt.

That rough portion on the belt on the far right portion of the picture is actually the left edge of the long greeblie on the back right portion of the belt. This picture also demonstrates that there are no other items between the long greeblie and the d-ring. Sometimes it is what we don't see that tells us a lot of information.

Next I discovered that there are a lot of holes in the belt for the belt buckle. So many that they go past the lightsaber hook. One hole is right on top of the hook

[img]

[/img]

Notice also how lopsided the belt buckle is in this picture

In the near future I will post more pictures of the belt showing other aspects such as the banana pouch and how it is connected, the long greeblie on the back right portion of the belt, the belt buckle (is it brass colored or not), and the small greeblie on the front right portion of the belt (is it metal or leather).

Paul ōæō
Volund Starfire (Jason Ellenburg)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a good eye, there. I knew about the holes on the front (DVD version only), but didn't realize they went past the hook. Good find there for a more accurate CRL for this, my friend.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, WOW! Shocked

The holes actually don't surprise me too much. It had been theorized years ago that Luke and Obi's belts were old military belts that were modified for film use. It is real nice to see some conformation of that theory with all the adjustment holes. That also somewhat confirms the MoM belt might actually be the real belt and not a replica made for the display:

The d-ring, that screams Luke ANH, his are done the same way. That detail has been missed for years. My theory is that those d-rings should actually be on the top of the belt. meaning the real life military belt, and there would have been a belt going over the shoulder that connected to those d-rings. I wonder if they removed a second d-ring or we just have yet to see it

Either way, curse you Paul, this means a total redesign Razz *shaking fist*

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: