About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=894f48f29be2369809d9671ca3af5e1fMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Obiwan ep3 boots

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
forceflaw (jarred daski)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Obiwan ep3 boots Reply with quote

Any one have any low price venders for obiwan ep 3 boots I'm on a budget and can only seem to find boots that are $350 amd up.

18 " aggressive negotiations "
SithariRog (Roger Allen)
Legion Membership Officer

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I feel your pain. The real problem (for anyone wanting to get formally approved as an OWK) is the color. There are some cheap boots out there, but the color is usually wrong.

I've not checked into it, but...if you break the boots down into their fundamental parts (for an EpIII), you've got the main boot, a spat (or flap or what ever it's being called these days) that covers the front of the boot, and a strap with two keepers. If you could find some suitable boots of the right color, it would be fairly easy to make the spats and the straps (and keepers) from leather. Perhaps that route would be less expensive than getting the whole custome boot made? If so, and you manage it, let us know Wink

Past Offices: Asst. LMO, Legion Costume Judge, DCO KJO, BCO Tranquility Base
Kodiak (Kevin Carlson)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDos from Paru makes great custom boots and he can do an Obi-Wan Ep III. His boots are still expensive but cheaper than $350. His boots run about $200 and are custom fit to your foot. Shipping is a little pricey too but overall it will be cheaper than most and the quality is great. I have a pair of his boots for my Jedi.
Murray1134 (Paul)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking for some boot options as well. I did follow up on the cosplay PU boots but they seemed to have every boot option except Obi-wan.
Mihunai (Jermain Palmen)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Roger: Wouldn't it be really hard to have the colour of the new spats and straps match the colour of the boot?

Heck, even when I use the same dye on two different hides it comes out differently on both...
SithariRog (Roger Allen)

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mihunai wrote:
@ Roger: Wouldn't it be really hard to have the colour of the new spats and straps match the colour of the boot?

Heck, even when I use the same dye on two different hides it comes out differently on both...

No doubt! I've not tried to match colors like that. It might involve some stripping of dye or staining everything, maybe mixing dyes and such. It would definitely be a challenge.

Honestly, for OWK boots...the BEST thing is to just get screen accurate real leather (custome made?) from the start. Yeah, they're expensive (JDOS is about $350 without shipping...but still FAR cheaper than someone like MotorCowboy, whose prices are absolutely rediculous). But, remember....if taken care of, real leather boots can last a life time.

I've had my JDOS for 4 years now...and they look as good now as then did from the package. And...they're every MORE comfortable now than then!

Jedi Knight Obi (Chad Pulliam)
Blue Ridge Base XO
Blue Ridge Base XO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got mine from JDOS... can't wait to get them.

Blue Ridge Base XO
Nexus Temple Master
NC Regional Captain-Eastern North Carolina
forceflaw (jarred daski)
Active Legion Member

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight Obi wrote:
Got mine from JDOS... can't wait to get them.

I sent him a facebook message today do they have a web sight how much did you pay+shipping if I may ask?

18 " aggressive negotiations "
Jedi Knight Obi (Chad Pulliam)
Blue Ridge Base XO
Blue Ridge Base XO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he checks his facebook occasionally.. but he will send you his email to use for contact. I'll send you his email via pm.

Think they were 250-350.. w/o - with shipping

Blue Ridge Base XO
Nexus Temple Master
NC Regional Captain-Eastern North Carolina
Smoke1080 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: ALSO LOOKING Reply with quote

So, is that the best option then? I also need boots for OBI-WAN episode III.
I don't REALLY want to spend that much for the "JDOS" or whatever, but I need to be approved for the Rebel Legion (eventually). I might have to do a generic Jedi first if that's the case.

So, any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Matt Gronzo (Zev Groma)
SithariRog (Roger Allen)

Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: ALSO LOOKING Reply with quote

Smoke1080 wrote:
So, is that the best option then? I also need boots for OBI-WAN episode III.
I don't REALLY want to spend that much for the "JDOS" or whatever, but I need to be approved for the Rebel Legion (eventually). I might have to do a generic Jedi first if that's the case.

So, any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Matt Gronzo (Zev Groma)

A friend of mine just contacted Daniel about his boots. They're roughly $350 (without shipping) and, if you ordered today, the wait is 5-6 months.

When I got my boots from Daniel, he did a thing where the upper straps can be removed, so the boots can double for either Ep. II or III! This is a really cool thing to get him to do (and it didn't cost any extra).

Are his boots worth the price and wait? Yes.

And, Matt. I sent you a PM regarding your OWK build (didn't want to hijack this or the other thread).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: