About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2288462c545891d444481ac2de87342aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Jedi from michigan in the works

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
giggitybob ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject: Jedi from michigan in the works Reply with quote

Hello all!

Well for those who don't know me, I am an official Mandalorian Merc in michigan who really likes costuming. I have decided I need a "good guy" costume as I already have a Sith, Mando, and Umbrella Trooper. Plus a dual membership between the Mercs and rebels can't hurt. Very Happy

I also wanted something without armor this time around. My custom Mandalorian is very, very heavily armored. So naturally I gravitated to the jedi. Besides, who as a kid didn't want to be a jedi? LOL Jedi

I'll start out by saying that I have been scouring the internet for information on making a Jedi costume. Since my sewing skills are, Rolling Eyes ahem, beginner at best, I decided to commission someone to make my jedi clothing this time around with some nice cotton fabrics. I will post pictures when the clothing is done, probably a month or two away at least though.

My color scheme is shades of gray tunic, tabbards, obi and medium gray robe with off white undertunic and pants. Yeah it's a bit plain, but the saber I want to get should make up for that lack of color. I have decided that my jedi will have a purple saber. Make that a double saber. Cool The reason for that is because I don't see that color nor really the double sabers on jedi very often. I have to save up for it still, so no pictures of that quite yet.

Next I was looking for boots, which brings me to my first question for you more experienced jedi out there: I found these boots on E-bay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280726866446?var=580040870429&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I was wondering, are they acceptable? If not, can someone recommend some boots I should look for?

I am still on the look out for the belt and pouches. Again, any recommendations on where to look would be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to this project and thank you in advance for any and all guidance you can give me.
Gius Maximus (Rich Heffernan)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a different style of boots from the same brand and love them. I would double check with a costume judge, but I'd think they are passable myself.

These are the ones I have: http://www.ridersmall.com/main/boots/Tall/men/Spirit_Men_Polo_boots.html

501st - IC8294
70th Explorers Commanding Officer
Jay-gon Jinn (Jason Hetherington)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want some local help with the costume, stop by the Great Lakes Base site, if you have not already done so:
http://www.greatlakesbase.com/

Jason Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
giggitybob ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just registered at the Great Lakes Base, thanks for that tip!
n0c00lgamertag (David Sage)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! I too am from Michigan and part of the Great Lakes Garrison(TK). Like you, I want to do an armorless costume next and am moving toward a Jedi. And here is the really weird part... I am also thinking a purple saber. Single bladed though. Hope to have it all in place by Star Wars Reads Day... Good luck!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it's been a while but I finally got the generic jedi costume all put together... originally I made a whole new thread... only to find that I already had one. rather than clog things up I'll just post it here instead. now I need to find out how to submit to the Rebels so I can get dual membership! I'm still looking for that but for now I decided to post up here for others to see what I have gotten done. The Boots are JDOS leather in case anyone is wondering... and they are quite comfortable! Very Happy

giggitybob ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Submitted my application... now the waiting game begins. Very Happy
giggitybob ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Accepted! WOOT! Hope to see you rebels out there as both my mando and my new jedi!
UniversalDestiny (Jane Willer)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!!
Carolina Garrison
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
n0c00lgamertag (David Sage)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job. Love the colors...
Legion CO
Legion CO

Medals: 9 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felicidades!!! Ben

Former Puerto Rico BCO | KJO XO | Wretched Hive XO | Legion Costume Judge | Legion Charter Committee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: