Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d2ecc767b7c4f47dedee82775ad3285dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New recruit from Apex, NC
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Blue Ridge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amysecura ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: New recruit from Apex, NC Reply with quote

Hello all. My name is Amy and I'm looking to join the Legion. My husband has been a member of the 501st since 1998 (SL-263). We have two lovely boys, ages 5 and 18 mos. Our 5 year-old is already an avid Star Wars fan and under his father's influence. I recently attended a few events with my husband and decided to try a few costumes. Of course my husband wanted me to do the Slave Leia, which we just submitted for approval. I also wanted a more family oriented costume so he's helping me put together an Aayla Secura. We already have our Lekku from Twi-lek Pam and ordered all of the soft parts from Argentina. We should have everything in the next few weeks to submit my Aayla.

In the meantime, here is my Slave Leia which I'll probably only wear to more grown up type events. I look forward to getting out and meeting you all:

Jada ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! I'm Jada, the base Commanding Officer. Welcome! I look forward to having you as a member of Blue Ridge. Mr. Green

Your costume looks great! I did notice in the pictures you don't have the hair clips and it looks like you don't have the boots. Do you have those items? They are part of the Costume Standard:

Quote:
Required Items:
1. Burnished gold/copperish metallic bikini top with correct decorative curvature. Taupe, brown or gray suede or suedecloth line the bust cups. Thin black elastic cording cross in back and attaches to sides of the bikini at shoulder on the top and at the sides on the bottom only.
2. Two burnished gold/copper metallic decorated plates worn front and back at the hips, connected by oval gold/copper metallic pieces. Attached are two gathered skirt panels of a berry purple, wine or dark berry red shade in an opaque, non-shiny, smooth fabric, no crush velvet, one panel per plate.
3. Taupe or grey suede or suedecloth flat or low-heeled boots (heel should be no higher than 1.5”) with burnished gold/copper metallic decorative boot trimming the top of each boot on an angle. Tailored boots only – no Ugg or other chunky or winter boots.
4. Two burnished goldish/copper metallic bracelets: one at the right wrist – a large curvaceous cuff with a hole – one at the upper left arm – snake-like with the ends looped in.
5. Burnished gold.copper metallic collar with chain links.
6. Hair in a large bun with a long braid descending from it. Naturally-occurring hair color only; no bangs.
7. Burnished goldish/copper metallic hair pieces on either side of the bun.
8. Burnished goldish/copper metallic hair ornamental tie at end of the braid.
9. Medium-sized gold hoop earrings.
Optional Items:
1. Mid-sized or tall Unleashed vibroaxe

Rest In Peace Iceobel - Faithful Dog - August 1997 - July 2011

Rest In Peace Leo - Feline Companion and Comforter - adopted March 2005 - August 2013
amysecura ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jada wrote:
Hi! I'm Jada, the base Commanding Officer. Welcome! I look forward to having you as a member of Blue Ridge. Mr. Green

Your costume looks great! I did notice in the pictures you don't have the hair clips and it looks like you don't have the boots. Do you have those items?

Hi Jada, thanks for the welcome.

I do have the hair clips, they were giving me fits so I didn't put in for the photos. We'll try again with getting them to sit correctly.

My husband ordered the boots, we'll have to modify them to add the opening and the gold trim.

I suppose they are required to get the costume approved? Should we wait to submit until we have new pictures with them included?

-Amy
Jada ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, they are required for approval.

Rest In Peace Leo - Feline Companion and Comforter - adopted March 2005 - August 2013
Jedi Knight Obi (Chad Pulliam)
Blue Ridge Base XO
Blue Ridge Base XO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to your Aayla. Always need another jedi. Your Slave Leia is looking good. and Welcome to the Rebel Legion and Blue Ridge Base. Hoping everything goes well for your approval.

Blue Ridge Base XO
Nexus Temple Master
NC Regional Captain-Eastern North Carolina
amysecura ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I am anxious to get the Aayla together too. My husband said we'll put together a work in progress update as we get things together. We're waiting for boots for my Slave Leia so I can get that costume approved. I'll probably only wear slave costume to more adult-type events for my husband and use Aayla for other events. With kids and work both he and I will only do a few events a year anyway but I know he is excited to have me join him in costume at a few events.
Charybdis (Al d L.)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Amy! Welcome to the Blue Ridge Base. Your slave Leia looks awesome! I find it funny you said that "of course" your husband wanted you to do Slave Leia Wink What's up with us guys? Very Happy

That brings me to ask who is your husband? I've been a member of the Carolina Garrison since 2002 and was wondering if you all just moved here or have been here and you just didn't get involved until now?

RL member since 2006
Blue Ridge Base member
Nexus Temple - member
Docking Bay 94 - member
amysecura ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks. Yes, my husband pretty much bought the Slave Leia before asking if I'd actually wear it and proceeded to try to convince me to do so. I finally agreed but only to certain events.

My husband is SL-263 in the Carolina Garrison. He was a member of the ECG in NY for a while before we even met. He was one of the original group and used to do Boba Fett in NYC. He stopped doing events around the time we met in 2001-2002. We moved to NC about 3 years ago and our oldest son, who's 5, started to get to the age where his dad could show him all of the Star Wars stuff he had packed away.

He put together a new Darth Vader and joined up with the Carolina Garrison earlier this year. My son and I have gone to a few events with him and I thought it would be fun to have a costume, but I wanted something a little more fun and family friendly so my husband also helped me choose the Aayla Secura costume.

Here's a picture of me with my husband and Chewbacca at a recent event at the Durham museum.
amysecura ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My husband helped me start my Aayla Secura and put together a separate topic under Jedi of our progress:

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43338
Charybdis (Al d L.)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that explains it! Fanstastic! Nice Vader and can't wait to see your Aayla too! Again, welcome to the base!

RL member since 2006
Blue Ridge Base member
Nexus Temple - member
Docking Bay 94 - member
Fett263 ()

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to join up and say "Hi" myself. I'm Amy's husband, Fernando, and I'm helping her put together her costumes for the Rebel Legion. As Amy said I am a longtime 501st member, I started with the ECG in NY in 1998 as the original webmaster for the ECG website. I was the first Boba Fett in the ECG and trooped heavily from 1998 until 2002. Seeing my son starting to like Star Wars I decided to get back into trooping so I joined up with the Carolina Garrison back in July and have done a few events. I've been primarily doing Darth Vader, as both my Boba Fett and TK are now 14 years old and after a lot of trooping and several years in storage need some work and repair.
Being an awesome wife, Amy agreed to do the Slave Leia costume. We'll have her boots soon to get the costume up to standards and her Aayla Secura is coming along nicely. She's most excited to wear the Aayla as she chose her out, so you can "blame" the Slave Leia on me ;-)
I have met a few Blue Ridge members but hope to meet more going forward.

Charybdis (Al d L.)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Fernando! Great Vader! I have been a member of the CG since 2002, so it's nice to see some oldtimers still around!

I hope to troop with you and Amy sometime soon, although I don't get up to NC much anymore now that I am down here in SC...

Now, what'll it take to get you over here to the RL?? Wink

RL member since 2006
Blue Ridge Base member
Nexus Temple - member
Docking Bay 94 - member
Jada ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad you all are doing this as a family! Mr. Green

Fett263 ()

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome, it'll be nice to get to troop with everyone. It took a little while to convince Amy to get a costume but it will be nice to be able to do events together and hopefully bring our oldest son along when possible.

Yes, I'm an "old timer" when it comes to trooping. I've always enjoyed it and love the look on kids and their parents faces. When I joined the 501st there were only a few hundred members, hence my 3 digit ID, now they're up to 5 digits. I was the 5th or 6th member of the Empire City Garrison, so I've been around for a while.

I'll be helping Amy get approved for the Rebel Legion but I'll always be a "Dark Sider" Mr. Green

Charybdis (Al d L.)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took quite awhile to get my wife involved as well. Most of the time she just attended events to watch the kids, but around 2008 or so, I finally got around to putting together her Geonosis Padme and got her approved at the end of that year. She's been trooping with me ever since. Even my kids dress up! In fact, my oldest did a Barriss Offee and hopefully, once she turns 18 she will apply on her own...

I also have a low ID number in the legion: 240.

RL member since 2006
Blue Ridge Base member
Nexus Temple - member
Docking Bay 94 - member
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Blue Ridge Base All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: