About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ec9b1193ee1cad347968fa673c701285Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New to these forums...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
majewski79 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: New to these forums... Reply with quote

Hello all!

I'm currently working on my submission photos for Garrison Carida - 501st (my build thread: http://501stgarrisoncarida.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=8969) (Tusken Raider ANH) and once (If) I get approved, I'll be submitting for here. So I kind of wanna work on one place first. I think I'm in the correct place, apologies if not. In any case, hope to meet some new people, give advice to fellow Tusken costumers and receive some as well!
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever the outcome of the costume in the 501st, you will need a have a prop with your submission here with the Rebel Legion. The prop in question is a gaffi stick to rifle.
JediMasterMark (Mark Jones)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard - always nice to see new faces!
majewski79 ()

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay thanks.
Tenron Otrin (Jonas Bloomfield)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it looks good so far Michael! I like the rifle.
I am working on an OT Tusken with Jaren Valnor (Ryan Miorelli), and from what I can tell, it always needs more weathering Rolling Eyes (I give credit to Radu, Snoot, and Ryan for helping weather mine tremendously)
I enjoy weathering it though! gives the personal touch.
I'd say for you: more weathering on the robes for sure and the bucket might need to be a little darker with the weathering. What did you use to weather the eye stalks and nosetooth? I thought the tints of yellow/copper/goldishness was interesting.

This is by no means what exactly needs to happen, i'm just offering my opinion! I think it looks great so far and well constructed for sure

Nice work obimaul ..... whistling
TrooperPX (David Ramsay)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Tusken!

I applied to both at the same time with mine. Neither app affects the other. Mine got kicked back for some corrections... by both. Ironic thing is, they each found different things they wanted changed. Laughing Standing back from it, I realized all of the suggestions made it a better costume overall. Did what I had to, and the second time, passed with flying colors. Cool

I went the sun-baked sniper route:
http://s710.photobucket.com/albums/ww103/TrooperPX/Falco/Tusken%20Raider/Tusken%20Redux/

After I wore it one or two times, I made the chest bandolier longer so it would hang lower and reach my belt, and weathered down the mouth and eyestalks.

Echo Base - Binghamton, NY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: