About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8e13a4ff7ad5e98de9a2f4eb41a53401Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

KC Prop Night/Armor Party

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base -> Dantooine Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: KC Prop Night/Armor Party
Event: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:00 pm

Prop Night is a chance to get together with other costumers and get help with your projects, help others with theirs, share stories and ideas, and network. Good guys, bad guys, doesn't matter which side you fall on, this is a chance to get suited up, improve your skills, or share your expertise.

If you are interested in attending for the first time, please contact Bart (gandalfbmg). This is held at his and Sarah's (gswookie) house, and we don't want to post the address publically, so we'll give you directions 1-on-1. If you are on Facebook, my preferred method is for you to friend me and tell me you'd like to be on the "prop night interest list"; this is the way I manage a list of people that've asked to be invited when we have these. It's not required, but I make no promises about posting these events to the RL and 70th boards in a 'timely' manner but I'll always do a Facebook invite first.

Ground Rules for Prop Night:
1. Do not expect the hosts to do your projects for you. Plan to work on what you bring yourself, unless you've talked to someone that's going to be there ahead of time and they've agreed to do something for you. We can't gaurantee someone there CAN do what you need, or that they WANT to do it for you (they may have other stuff they plan to work on).

2. You don't have to work on something if you show up; it is completely fine to come just to watch and learn, or offer help to others as needed.

3. The hosts can't provide food and drink for everyone. If you want something other than water to drink, please bring something. And we *may* provide some food, but more likely we'll order pizza or other delivery during the night; so please bring some cash if if plan to partake. We *may* have something to share, but don't count on it or partake without asking first.

4. No kids please. We do have kids of our own there yes, but it's their home and they don't require much extra attention there. We try to be productive at these and we don’t need the distractions additional little ones cause. If you have an older kid who's helping you with a project, that's another story provided they can work safely.

Thanks and see you there!

Last edited by gandalfbmg (Bart German) on Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:39 pm; edited 8 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also FYI: it's looking like we'll tentatively try the next session Sat. Dec. 1.

Dantooine Base: Keeping flyover country Imperial-free since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gandalfbmg wrote:
Also FYI: it's looking like we'll tentatively try the next session Sat. Dec. 1.
\
Dec 1 it is, date/title updated.

gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delaying to Dec. 15, or it may get bumped to after the first of the year. All I know is we can't do it Dec. 1 now.

gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the lack up movement on these lately. Been focusing on build sessions for the Planet Comicon set pieces. Hopefully after PCC we'll be able to squeeze a couple sessions in before we're gone to the lake for the summer.

gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setting date of next prop night: Saturday, April 27 at 4 PM. Please send me a request on FB if you want to be on the invite!

gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next date set: Saturday, August 24, 2013

FYI: Sarah will be out of town this weekend, it'll be just myself and Roslyn home this weekend, so I figured might as well have company.

If this doesn't work, it'll be the same situation Friday night, I could do this then instead (or do both if it's not too crazy).

gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys, gotta cancel for now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base -> Dantooine Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: