About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f9cf4fc246a0b27a25ee7e0ec41d1459Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Tatooine Base: A History

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tatooine Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Commander_Barriss (Sarah)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Tatooine Base: A History Reply with quote

A Long Time Ago
In a galaxy far far away.......

So we all knew the story was going to start like that. I've been working on this for quite a while now and though it was about time to post it. This is a History of Tatooine Base. Where we've come from and where we're going. I plan to keep this updated along the way. If I've missed anything or you'd like something added over time please let me know.

Tatooine Base's first member was Guri (Helena) who joined the Rebel Legion in July 2005. At the time Helena tried to get Tatooine Base off the ground but due to other commitments and not enough members it didn't get up.

In December of 2005 starfirephoenix (Alison) became a Rebel Legion Member and started a thread in The Outer Rim, Calling all Australians - Welcome to Tatooine Base! It was in this thread that Tatooine Base began.

The name of the base was discussed and given the view that Australia may be moisture farming soon enough Tatooine was put forward as the best name.

At the time of the initial discussion to form an outpost, we had 3 approved members. By the 18th of January 2008 we had enough members to place the application for Tatooine Outpost. On the 22nd of January the new Tatooine Outpost forums were online and the above thread was moved and renamed. Not too long after this we had enough members to become Tatooine Base and the thread was renamed once more to what it is today.

Over the years this base has grown so much. We started with 3 members, we now have over 100 and that is growing every day. We started out not doing many troops now between all of us we do over 50 troops a year raising money for Cancer council, TLC for kids, Childhood cancer association and many others. We’ve done work for the national appeals during many crises like the Victorian Bushfires and the Queensland Floods. This base is something that every member can be proud of.

We do many large troops each year including Dreamworld, Supanova, Armageddon, Relay for life just to name a few. One of the biggest amounts we’ve raised was for the Relay for life in SA. We did a troop for one of the bus company’s birthday parties. They raffled off some items and rose over $11,000 and then shocked as further by telling us the company would match it dollar for dollar and donate it to our relay for life fund.

On the 22nd of January 2013 it will be the 5 year anniversary of Tatooine. I’ve started this thread to compile our history as well as the history of how we all came to be members. I would like everyone to add, as a reply, what got you started? Why did you join? How has being a member changed you?
I’d like to ask that you only reply with your experience and not to comment on other people’s stories otherwise the thread will get too clogged up. If you have something to add to somebodies story because you were involved please include that.

This base has come a long way and I look forward to seeing where it will go in the years to come and how it will change.

As for me I join the Legion in 2008 after meeting some of the locals at a shopping centre troop raising money for the Relay For Life. I had so much fun watching everyone in costume and making kids smile that I decided I had to join. It was also at that troop that I met starfirephoenix and _master_skywalker_ they also decided I had to join (lol).

Not too long after I finished my first costume which was Barriss Offee just in time for the release of the animated Clone Wars movie. I had so much that I took approval photos that day. After about 6 months of being a member I was asked to help out as a State Captain for SA which is something I still enjoy. I spent the last year as Tatooine Base’s XO and I still continue as an LCJ, State Captain and help out on the trading card team. I now have 2 Barriss costumes approved and I’m looking at doing a few other costumes soon.

I look forward to reading everyone else’s stories.

(And just as a side note this is my 1138 post Very Happy )
oigen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats an amazing job you did putting together tattoines history Sarah Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tatooine Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: