Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f92ef4dc8af266c74cb204fdf449187aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Noob from Vancouver

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Canadian Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaytripwire ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Noob from Vancouver Reply with quote

Hi I want to introduce myself, my name is Jay, I am from YVR and I am a Han Solo fanatic.
Is there much of a group for Van?
Costume wise I am and ESB type of guy..I have always wanted to go all Hoth for the winter, but the jacket is a tough one, had a few attempts done and it just never came out right, if anyone is handy like that..let me know haha.
pandatrooper ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there Jay. My name is Terry and I'm a Rebel legion Jedi as well as the 501st squad leader for BC.

We have 3 active Rebel legion members in Vancouver, and about a dozen plus troopers from the 501st in Vancouver. We have about 25+ 501st in BC. We have been doing some dual club events this past year. The 501st is averaging about 2 events a month currently

How far along is your costume? Hope to see you out at some events!

Terry
jaytripwire ()

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Costume could pass...but I am waiting till its perfect..
Praying my ESB Denix DL-44 clears customs so i can ditch the resin one
reworking my falcon jacket, the fabric just isnt twill enough with the right combo of screen/reality so I have to hit a few more fabric stores till I find the right one.
If any of you guys know a good seemstress/taylor that would be helpful too to get the patterns done just right
Hair is almost perfect length
close..
Klo Unduli ()

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaytripwire wrote:
If any of you guys know a good seemstress/taylor that would be helpful too to get the patterns done just right...

My friend Amethyst is an amazing costumer, and she does commissions out of North Burnaby. I don't know how busy she is currently, but PM me if you would like me to put you in touch with her Smile She's the one who's doing the soft portions of my Jedi costume.

Also, hello fellow new person! Mr. Green

I would love to see your Han Solo! I'm a huge fan of Han, and I'm considering a Rule 63 version of him for my next costume, although I'm not sure if that would be approvable Razz I hope all goes well with your DL-44 coming across the border!
malarat (Randy Ko)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jay, like I posted to Klo;
You have 3 more Rebel friends in Victoria. Myself, my wife Tanya, and Robin. See you at a troop soon!
jaytripwire ()

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, almost there..

Denix DL 44 made it thru customs BTW

things are rolling right along

Jacket is done,finally found a charcoal twill with a navy cast to it
Belt and capped holster done
droid caller
boots
hair-scruffy
bloodstripes done, now to assemble the pants
shirt could use some improvement now that I saw all the belly stitch close up details and I am not keen on the fit.

Submission might be in summer, I have alot of tourdates coming up for my gigs so that is slowing me down a bit, but I am very close to joining you soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Canadian Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: