About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5ed2ca8d073684d66284b361562c0789Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

PA, State College - Penn State THON, 2/16/2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will you troop THON 2013?
YES! FTK!!!
86%
 86%  [ 13 ]
I'll be there in spirit, my body has to be elsewhere that day
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Users Voted : 15
Total Votes : 15
Detailed Results

Mahim ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATTENTION THON VETERANS

If you've trooped THON in the past, I most likely have your contact info on file. Unless I hear from you that your phone/email has changed since last February, I am going to just carry it forward to the new pass list.

Here is the list of probable attendees I have as of today (both the RL side and the Carida side):

Dan Beltz
Jonas Bloomfield
Jarred Bosco
Dave Castellano
Ryan Chesakis
Jess Dymer*
Kristi Haney
Dan Heisey
Dave Johnston
Todd Leichnak
Kyle McHenry
David McLaughlin
Marty Miller
Ryan Miorelli
Josh Murphy
Ryan Murphy*
Wally Peters
Garrett Roen
Keely Roen*
Jason Romanoff
Mark Santucci
Craig Staley
Becky Staley*
Ryan Sachese
Erica Schmidt
David Stewart
Tharren Thompson
Piper Williams
Danielle Volkar
David Volkar

(*=Squires)

If you don't see your name on this list and you are planning to come to THON, **PLEASE** post up or PM me so I get your name on the list. Once again--even if you're just seriously considering THON at this point, send me your name, phone and email--I'd rather reserve a place for you on the pass list and not have you show up than have you show up at the last minute and we can't get you in to the event.

"It is the happy man who does the useless things; the sick man is not strong enough to be idle." - G. K. Chesterton, "Orthodoxy"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mahim ()
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Squiring Duties Reply with quote

Just a quick heads-up--we are currently standing at 46 total volunteers for THON (35 troopers and 11 squires!) Shocked

This is definitely our biggest year yet, and since we do have an appreciable number of new people volunteering as squires, I've taken the liberty of sending a PDF of squiring duties and expectations from Garrison Carida's Academy section.

Several of you know all about squiring, and if you get a copy of the file it's not a reflection of my opinion of your squiring capabilities! Very Happy But we DO have several new people (particularly here on the Echo Base side) serving as support staff, and I've always found it's better to be upfront about expectations, rather than be frustrated because someone didn't understand what was expected of them... Besides, you THON vets know how absolutely CRUCIAL it is to have good squires for this event, and the addition of droids this year rock means there will be some additional challenges for mobility, crowd control, etc.

There will be a lot of kids at THON who will never forget this event, and I am proud to have Echo Base be a part of it!

"It is the happy man who does the useless things; the sick man is not strong enough to be idle." - G. K. Chesterton, "Orthodoxy"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mahim ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a question on the Carida boards about who's trooping what. So, to the best of my knowledge, here is the list, with the following caveats:

--This list represents everyone who has indicated they are likely to attend--the list is based on who we are reserving passes for, so not everyone on the list is guaranteeing they can show up.

--I have based a trooper's costume choice based on either what they have listed on the 501st/RL database, or based on what I've trooped with them in the past. If you have multiple costumes and see I've put your name under a costume category that's different from what you intend to bring, it's not an assignment--it's my best guess!! Let me know and I'll change it.

--In the previous list, I have asterisks marking names of people who are (most likely) squiring. If I know you have a costume, I'm putting you under the appropriate category on this list--NOT because you have to troop a costume, but because we've got lots of squires for this event, so go ahead and troop (or squire) if you want to.

Okay then.

Having said all that, here's what we have so far:

STORMTROOPER (TK):
Kristi Haney (TK Commander )
Tom Kness (Or X-wing Pilot)
Todd Leichnak (Centurion)
Andrew Marzka (TX)
Kyle McHenry
Richard Pymer
Craig Staley
David Stewart
Rob Thomas
Piper Williams

BIKER SCOUTS:
Dave Johnston
Tony Piccolo
Lisa Thomas*

TIE PILOTS:
Dan Beltz
Courtney Sachse*

CLONES:
Dave Castellano
Tony Thomas (RC Scorch)

IMPERIAL ROYAL GUARDS:
Garrett Roen

BOUNTY HUNTERS:
Ryan Sachse – Jango Fett
Mark Santucci – Boba Fett

DENIZENS:
Radu Plucinsky - Tusken
Erica Schmidt* – Jawa

SITH LORDS:
David McLaughlin – RoTJ Vader
Jason Romanoff – Emperor Palpatine

JEDI:
Jonas Bloomfield
Josh Murphy
Danielle Volkar
David Volkar

ENDOR COMMANDO:
Jarred Bosco
Ryan Chesakis

DROIDS:
Dan Heisey – C-3PO
Wesley Peck – R2 handler (Jedi)

OTHER FACE CHARACTERS:
Marty Miller – Chewbacca
Ryan Miorelli – RoTJ Luke
Wally Peters – RoTS Anakin
Tharren Thompson – RoTS Obi-Wan
Christine Wilkinson* - ANH Leia

So, yeah. Going to be a heckuva troop...

Last edited by Mahim () on Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mahim ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: FINALIZING PASS LIST FOR TROOPERS/SQUIRES Reply with quote

FINAL PASS LIST

I have to have this list finalized by end of business tonight. To recap--this list represents troopers/squires from Carida/Echo Base who have indicated they are LIKELY to attend. This is to ensure that we have floor passes for everyone.

Dan Beltz
Jonas Bloomfield
Aiden Bloomfield*
Jarred Bosco
Dave Castellano
Ryan Chesakis
Jess Dymer*
Calen Foose*
Patti Gergely*
Shidika Goode*
Kristi Haney
Dan Heisey
Dave Johnston
Tom Kness
Todd Leichnak
Lucy Leitner*
Andrew Marzka
Kyle McHenry
David McLaughlin
Stacey McLaughlin*
Marty Miller
Ryan Miorelli
Josh Murphy
Ryan Murphy*
Wesley Peck
John Pergosky*
Wally Peters
Tony Piccolo
Chris Plucinsky
Richard Pymer
Tiffany Rivera
Garrett Roen
Keely Roen*
Jason Romanoff
Mark Santucci
Craig Staley
Becky Staley*
Ryan Sachese
Courtney Sachese
Erica Schmidt*
David Stewart
Rob Thomas
Lisa Thomas*
Tony Thomas
Tharren Thompson
Piper Williams
Danielle Volkar
David Volkar
Michael Welch*
Christine Wilkinson*

(*Indicates a squire/handler)

IF YOU DO NOT SEE YOUR NAME ON THIS LIST, AND YOU WANT TO RESERVE YOURSELF A PASS FOR THON, PLEASE PM ME OR POST UP HERE. I don't want to leave anyone out!!

Mahim ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks, I hate to do this, but I just this moment got an email from the Entertainment Captain, which reads in part:

Quote:
Hi Tharren!

I had a one-on-one with my overall yesterday to discuss everything. We have a couple issues, unfortunately. Floor and Crowd's pass list (the one Rebel Legion/501st is on) is limited to only 30 passes. It's an issue with capacity, and is the BJC's rule not ours, so there's no changing this. I hate to ask you to only have 30 people..., but I can't do anything to change the limits of the pass list. I should have told you this earlier, so I'm really sorry..."

This is immensely frustrating to me personally, as I have worked very hard to grow this event over the past few years. But since "what can't be cured must be endured", we need to come up with a way of getting ourselves limited to 30 total (troopers and squires). I have a call in to the Entertainment Captain and the Event Coordinator at the Bryce Jordan Center to try to address this, but in the meantime we're going to have to come up with a contingency...

Mahim ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, Echo, here's the suggestion that we're working with as a way forward on this issue:

Quote:
There were 50 names on that list, so we need to drop 20.

First and foremost figure out who is definitley wanting to go instead of just likely. People should know at this point. After that I think all the "face" characters have to go. According to your list there were 11 of them. Plus whoever their squires are. So we'll say that leaves roughly 15 slots left. After that... bring down the number of duplicates. As awesome as it would look idk if we need 10 TKs...

Also there were 15 squires listed on the big list. I know it's a crowded event but do we need that many? How many did we have last year, 5?

I've already PM'd Ryan (who recruited a ton of the squires) to let him know we need to make some cuts.

So let's go with that as our starting point--please post up if you are ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that you will be attending. If you have been on the fence and this is actually a blessing in disguise because trooping this event was going to be a complicated affair, post that too.

They have rolled back the deadline on our list to MONDAY, so we have the weekend to comb this out...

Sorry again about this--seems like every year there is a major snafu that leaves this troop fubar...

Ammi Ziva (Danielle Volkar)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am Absolutely Attending!!!
Malex Salseyor (David Volkar)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely Going To Be There!! FTK!!!

Malex
Mahim ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to the 30-person limit THON has in place (that we were notified about a few hours ago... Rolling Eyes ), we have to re-work our list. Post up in the thread if you are ABSOLUTELY 100% CERTAIN you're going to be trooping THON 2013, and we'll put your name here. Preference will be given to people who have already posted up and sent contact info for the pass list (i.e., please no new volunteers--if you haven't posted interest before now, sorry...)

We are limiting ourselves to 5 squires on the event

1. Andrew Marzka - TX
2. Garrett Roen - IRG
3. Tharren Thompson - RoTS Obi-Wan
4. David McLaughlin - RoTS Vader
5. Kyle McHenry - TK
6. Jason Romanoff - TK
7. Danielle Volkar - Jedi
8. David Volkar - Jedi
9. David Stewart - Imperial Crewman
10. Wally Peters - RoTS Anakin
11. Marty Miller - Chewbacca/R2
12. Wesley Peck - R2 handler
13. Dan Heisey - C-3PO
14. Ryan Miorelli - RotJ Luke
15. Ryan Chesakis - Endor Trooper
16. Mark Santucci - Boba Fett
17. Kristi Haney - TK Commander
18. Dan Beltz - TIE Pilot
19. Soggy Pymer - TK
20. Todd Lechniak - TK Centurion
21. Ryan Sasche - Jango Fett
22. Brian Dalton - TK
23. Courtney Sasche - TIE Pilot
24. Josh Murphy - Jedi (or RFT)
25. David Castellano - Clone(s)
26. Squire - Stacey McLaughlin (Vader Handler) (Carida)
27. Squire - Radu Plucinsky (Carida)
28. Squire - Jess Dymer (Carida)
29. Squire - Erica Schmidt (Echo)
30. Squire - Ryan Murphy (Echo)

ALTERNATES:

Last edited by Mahim () on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:43 pm; edited 12 times in total
Jaren Valnor (Ryan Miorelli)
Ghost Base CO
Ghost Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely attending!

Edit: Heard from Chesakis and Jonas, they're definitely in.
rjc917 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Seconded that I'm definitely going.
D-3po ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3PO will most definitely attend.
Mahim ()
Active Legion Member

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TC5800 wrote:
I would like to strongly suggest that no Academy Squires get a spot unless they are spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend to open a few spots up. I also suggest splitting the squire spots between echo and carida. Lucy is one of Carida's squires. Sound like a plan?

Sounds good--there's really no easy way to do this, but I think that's a fair way to go about it. Note that with five squire spots, there will be three with one base and two with the other. Sorry folks, that's just math...

[EDIT] -- One last squire spot as of 7:14pm. Reserved for Echo Base

ericajoanne (Erica Schmidt)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will definitely be going! Most likely as a Jawa, but if I don't get my butt in gear on that, I'm just waiting to pick up my lightsaber to send in approval pics on my Jedi. Totally looking forward to this!
firebatt (joshua murphy)
Ghost Base XO
Ghost Base XO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm still in and my brother ryan will take that last squire spot if available.

and i might debut my RFT if it's finished in time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: