About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ba2491115202060a128d572de66bc727Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Watched Topic List?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Legion Operations -> Legion Tech Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bootlegger ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Watched Topic List? Reply with quote

Maybe I missed it, maybe it's because I'm a noob, but is there a link that will take me to all the topics that I'm "watching?" I've checked my profile page, and all the links at the top of the forum, and I'll be darned if I can find it.

I've clicked the link to "Watch this topic for replies" on several threads, thinking it was like "subscribing" to a thread on a vBulletin based message board, so I could use them as a reference in the future.

Or, is that a feature only available to full fledged RL members?

Thanks!
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing more that you have to set up... if you watch the thread... you should get a reply via email notifying you that a new post has been made of said topic.
Bootlegger ()

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoloYT1300 wrote:
There is nothing more that you have to set up... if you watch the thread... you should get a reply via email notifying you that a new post has been made of said topic.

Yeah...I noticed that with a couple of the topics I'm watching. But what I was hoping for, when I "watched" the topics, was a way to access those particular threads again without having to search for them again...especially since some are older, and the chance that someone will post in one is slim.

For example, over on the RPF, when you subscribe to a thread, the thread is added to a subscription list in your User CP. Basically, an in-forum bookmark accessible from any device you log in from (as opposed to bookmarking in a browser on one computer), with an option for email notification of new posts, etc.
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a neat idea, but am not sure it will work with our set-up here... maybe one of the webteam guys can answer on that for sure.
Bootlegger ()

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoloYT1300 wrote:
It's a neat idea, but am not sure it will work with our set-up here... maybe one of the webteam guys can answer on that for sure.

Ok...at least I know I can stop looking for something that doesn't exist yet. Thread Subscription certainly helps if you find a post that has info you want to reference in the future.

A work-around, for me and others, would be to PM the thread links to ourselves.

Thanks for your help, Robert! Truly appreciated.
Crimson (Rome O.)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another symptom of our old software, I'm afraid.
sandman ()
Tatooine Base CO
Tatooine Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im guessing its already been answered by the comment above, but am i able to watch a whole section of the forum for new posts ie "Legion Merch available"????
ionicdesign (Michael)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandman wrote:
im guessing its already been answered by the comment above, but am i able to watch a whole section of the forum for new posts ie "Legion Merch available"????

Not at this time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Legion Operations -> Legion Tech Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: