About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=714438345a1e4ea9692350cd182f4fd4Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Welcome and introductions :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ember ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Richard, I'm Hayley!
Also Auckland-based, and a full-time Primary School teacher.

I joined the Legion a number of years back with Senatorial Leia, have since expanded out with several more Leia outfits, some Jedi costumes and a Padme dress. Have got a couple more projects on the go at the moment Smile

I'm a dual-Legion member, with an Imperial Officer's uniform in the 501st.
I'll be at Armageddon as staff, but will make an effort to get some trooping done in the morning on at least 1 of the days!
Maybe see you there Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scaneo Aquadown, please take a moment to introduce yourself here.
Scaneo Aquadown ()

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Hi, I am Amy, I too have been a fan of SW for years but have only enjoyed costuming through my son and partner who is Rebel Kiwi. I have now decided to join them and create a costume for myself. However am unsure of where to start as there are so many great costumes to choose from.
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Amy and welcome!

I know the feeling! There are so many wonderful options including creating your own Smile And the good news is you can do them all or focus on one Wink

I highly recommend having a "comfy" as well as OTT costume Wink I haven't yet registered Shaak Ti as the costume requires so much effort to get on and painted in and then I wind up spending less time wearing the thing as getting in to it!

So what costumes are you most interested in? We have aliens and jedi and pilots, oh my! Wink And there is a wealth of information in the international sub fora Smile I know it is a fair shakes off but I will be attending all the Armageddon Expos next year so am happy to take time out to meet and chat costumes Smile Or transport down items of use Smile (I have more than a few costumes part made that I will never finish including a few Padme pieces and a fair amount of generic fabric!)
Scaneo Aquadown ()

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

I have decided to go with the costume of Nomi Sunrider as a beginning costume. My starting point is the cape then will go from there.
Any assistance greatly appreciated. Also happy trooping at Armageddon this weekend.
MattG (Matt Glasgow)
Naboo Outpost CO
Naboo Outpost CO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: Hi Reply with quote

Scaneo Aquadown wrote:
I have decided to go with the costume of Nomi Sunrider as a beginning costume. My starting point is the cape then will go from there.
Any assistance greatly appreciated. Also happy trooping at Armageddon this weekend.

Hi Amy, and welcome.

Cool choice on starting a Nomi Sunrider costume. I've always been a fan of the old Tales of the Jedi comics.

Once you start work on it, you might like to start a thread in the Jedi costuming section ( http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=21 ), and you will get some input from costume judges and experts as you go, which will help you with finer details and requirements.
Shest Riauc ()

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone, thought I should probably post an intro and get that out of the way Smile

I'm Sheena, a costuming and Star Wars enthusiast based in Auckland. Had several star wars costumes on my 'to-do' list and stumbled across the Rebel Legion awhile back
Then went to my first armageddon last year, saw you guys in action and attended the panel and decided I'd definitely be keen to get involved in the not too distance future Smile

Now the new year has rolled round, I was looking for a new costume project to start on and Jedi jumped out from my list.
So spent the past few days browsing the forums, fiddling round with bits and bobs for a DIY lightsaber and putting together mock up jedi tunics so I'm all ready when I find good materials I'd like to make the proper grab in Smile

Would be keen to come along if you've got anything happening soon.
Do you guys do a email notifications of events, or is it just a 'keep a regular check on the forum' type thing?
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! Welcome Smile Notifications of events are posted here, SWNZ and the local 501st forums on the whole Smile

For good places for fabric both Geoff's Emporium and Nick's Fabrics on Dominion Rd have a nice selection of textured fabrics Smile Sometimes you get really lucky and can score fabrics for well under actual worth XD I have a big pile of stretch crepe to make into a set of robes for a custom Togruta jedi Smile

DIY lightsabers are <3 Smile

Also *yessss* - re. the panel Smile I have been prepping Bill for getting the cosplay/costume room back for this year so it's always nice to know that the panels had their intended effect Very Happy Might be able to get some other big plans working Smile
Shest Riauc ()

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet Smile

Yea I'm based out South and checked out Spotlight Manukau and Davids Emporium but disappointingly didn't find anything.
Looks like a trip out to Dominion road might be on the cards Smile
I see spotlight has a sale starting tomorrow, so might also check out the one at Sylvia Park I haven't been to yet.

Started a project thread in the Jedi forum if anyones keen to check out my progress or give suggestions Smile

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=657817#657817
oota goota ()

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all oota goota here finally join these boards. Getting more and more keen to put and X wing helmet together mainly to go with an arcade game restoration I am working on but who knows might end up will a full suit Smile
MattG (Matt Glasgow)
Naboo Outpost CO
Naboo Outpost CO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jon - nice to see you over here, and to hear of your interest in the X-wing gear.
Anaria Zar-Rel (Kristy Glasgow)
Naboo Outpost XO
Naboo Outpost XO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Sheena! Cool to see more interest in jedi costumes - I've made 7 versions since I started (remade my original one 5 times, I'm still learning and improving!) - so if there's any questions, sing out Smile I'm sure the jedi forum section will give you lots of help - great wip pics! Smile

We try to host regular costuming/Star Wars meetups in Auckland, so if you're keen to come along, I can message you when we're hoping to schedule the next one Smile

Welcome Oota Smile Glad to see you on the rebel side Wink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattG wrote:
Hey Jon - nice to see you over here, and to hear of your interest in the X-wing gear.

Thanks MG it's hard not to be drawn towards such a nice bucket
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: