About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=80516e4b1ef20af8610dbd43c5037cb1Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

2012 Nordic Base BCO Q&A- Qui-Gina Jinn (Camilla Lilja)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Nordic Base - Wampa's Cave -> Nordic Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luke_Skywalker (Frank Sommer)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 8 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: 2012 Nordic Base BCO Q&A- Qui-Gina Jinn (Camilla Lilja) Reply with quote

This thread will be dedicated to Qui-Gina Jinn (Camilla Lilja) answers for the BCO Q&A session.

Only Camilla has permission to post in this thread... all other posts will be deleted.

If you have a question, please use the Q&A thread to ask your inquiry. Thank you for your cooperation!

fraxster (Fredrik Axelsson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Outpost has now become a Base and has a full 35 active members.
Due to the fact that these members are scattered around a big area in four different countries, there can be hard to manage everything from member details to events.

How do you plan to manage this?
Wich roles will the Base Command have except for CO and XO?
Qui-Gina Jinn (Camilla Lilja)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to start with a short introduction:

I have been a member of the Rebel Legion since 2007, when Nordic Base was still Swedish Outpost.
I have seen the growth from only 3 active members to the 30+ we now have.

If I am elected, I will work on improving our cooporation with NG and at the same time create a more independent profile for NB. I believe that we have to work together, as we are (in my opinion) two sides of the same coin.
I would like to see NB playing a bigger role at events, with more activities, rather than just 'tagging along' with NG's photostand.

I would like to see even more activity around the forum and would like to see us having a forum of our own.

I believe that we need to promote NB more, and that the way to do that, is via nordicbase.net and the newly created fb-page.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it!

Open to everything happy and sad,
Seeing the good when it's all going bad,
Focus on everything better today
Hold on to people they're slipping away...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay here are my answers to the first four of Andrew's questions - the rest will follow later on:

1: What will you do that is different to what has been done before?
As most of you know, I was the CO before Fredrik/fraxter and as such, I was the CO when Swedish Outpost became Nordic Outpost.
I am aware that I have made quite a few mistakes in the past and that I might not have done a good enough job. I would like a chance to rectify that.
It has now been two years, since I was CO, and I have grown and developed in that period. I feel that I have learned from my mistakes and that I now have the energy and motivation needed to really do this. I can draw on my earlier experience from RL, but also from the Students’ Council at my school, which I have been a part of the past two years. That has improved the way I am able to work with people and listen to opinions that might differ from my own.

I would like to involve more people in the command, and plan on creating a larger role for the Country Representatives in the future. I would like to see them coming closer to the role of Regional Captains, as described in the charter, thus I would like to involve them more and give them more responsibility for the country they represent. That would involve keeping track of relevant events and help with planning and organization, while still maintaining the role of being the one that potential new members can approach in their native language.

2: Will you continue to develop nordicbase.net? If so then how will you improve it?
Yes, I think it is important that we don't limit ourselves to just the RL forums. I would like to see more pictures and news on the page. It is important that it is continually updated, and for that we will need help from everyone, e.g. people submitting pictures from events and event reports. I think this will help in getting across to potential new members and other interested parties. I would also like the whole membership of the base to be, to some degree, involved with the site.
Another idea could be to have a presentation of our members on the website. We could have a member tell something about themselves and their costumes, with a new member in focus each month.
And I will of course be open to ideas and suggestions from the members.

I would like for us to have a forum of our own, that can be divided into sub-fora. That way, we can keep event planning/discussion, costume discussion/show-off and social chit-chat separated.
I see that as a way to create a better environment for more casual talk, which is somewhat lacking here. Also, having a more categorized forum will make it easier to keep track of things, as threads tends to get ‘lost’ here - it can be hard to find a specific thread inbetween costume talk and event planning. And for the record, I do not plan to eliminate our forum here at RL, but rather have a place we can call our own - much like the NG has.

3: What can you as CO do to improve ties to NG?
I will aim at working closer with the NG CO/NG Council. I would like to see our cooperation grow to be more equal, more than NB merely 'tagging along' at NG events. I think there is a potential for us to have so much more than what we have now, if we all are willing to make it work.
I would like to define more clearly what we each expect from each other as groups, both at events and in event planning.
This will require an open and honest dialogue and that we let each other know when something doesn’t work the way we want it to.

4: There are a lot of people in NG complaining about the rebels. How will you approach that?
I think a key point in this question is communication.
The way to go on this, I think, is to start up a dialogue and get to the core of the issue. At the moment, I have the feeling that some people are complaining, but I am not entirely sure what their problem with us is. It is hard to change anything, when we don’t know what it is, we have to change - if anything.
Of course, this requires that the NG is still willing to work with us and resolve the issues.
Even if the members who are complaining about us don’t want to cooperate, then I hope that we can at least form a united front with the NG Council, saying that we are willing to cooperate, despite our differences.

I think sometimes we are forgetting that we are here for the same reasons and there aren’t that many of us in this part of the world. We are here because we all have a love for the Star Wars universe and a love for costuming. We are, in my opinion, two sides of the same coin - and let’s face it, Star Wars would not be Star Wars if it was only the Empire or just the Rebels.
Therefore it is crucial to me that we work together, to show off the diversity of the Saga and to put smiles on the faces of kids and adults alike.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here are the rest of my replies:

5: Do we need more rules or less?
At the moment, we do not have any base-specific rules and as such, we operate under the overall RL rules/charter. I do not believe that we need base-specific rules. If people are interested and have ideas, we can make guidelines, e.g. for event coordination and for how we work at events, but I do not think they should be actual rules.

6: Do you have anyone in mind as your second in command? If so, who and why?
My first choice was Tapio/TI-9827. I believe that he would make an excellent XO.
I see the fact that he and I have not always agreed in the past, as a major advantage. I think it is healthy for the base to have different opinions in command and I am willing to work with Tapio. Also, I think it is important to spread out leadership in our respective countries.
Unfortunately, Tapio has declined.

Instead, I have asked Lora Skywalker, who has accepted. I think she has a diplomatic and calm nature and that she can be helpful in the upcoming dialogue with the NG regarding the complaints about the rebels. She also has a lot of experience with voluntary work in other settings, where she has held and still holds different positions, such as board member, chairman and youth leader in various places.
With Lora we will not have the advantage of having the leadership spread, but I think her many years of experience will make up for it. Also, as I plan to give more responsibilities to the country reps, that should even out things even more.

Fredrik's question:
The Outpost has now become a Base and has a full 35 active members.
Due to the fact that these members are scattered around a big area in four different countries, there can be hard to manage everything from member details to events.

How do you plan to manage this?
Wich roles will the Base Command have except for CO and XO?

For this question, I would like to repeat the answer I gave to Andrew’s first question:
I would like to involve more people in the command, and plan on creating a larger role for the Country Representatives in the future. I would like to see them coming closer to the role of Regional Captains, as described in the charter, thus I would like to involve them more and give them more responsibility for the country they represent. That would involve keeping track of relevant events and help with planning and organization, while still maintaining the role of being the one that potential new members can approach in their native language.
The Country Representatives/Regional Captains should be volunteers - no one will be forced to do it. If one of the countries cannot ‘supply a candidate’ (so to speak), the role will fall to the CO/XO in cooperation with the event coordinators for the individual events in that country.

So, to summon up: I will work hard on correcting the mistakes, I’ve made before and I would like to involve more people in command. Also, I will aim at keeping the members updated on everything that is happening around the base.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my closing statement:

As there are still some days left of the voting, I would like to add a few words.
It comes as no surprise that I hope to be the next CO - otherwise, I would not have accepted the nomination, of course. In the two years that have passed since I was last CO, I feel I have grown a lot as a person. I’ve matured a lot, taken a lot of big steps in life and I am sure that will be reflected in my work here. One of the steps I’ve taken is to move halfway across the country to study nursing. At my school, I am involved in the Students’ Council. Through that, I have learned a lot about working together with new people and organizing/coordinating things.

My hope is that Lora and I will make a strong team that, along with the country reps will bring NB closer together, so that we may finally feel as one base. I am hoping that by developing a forum of our own, we will get a stronger feel of unity, being able to better follow the work that is being done in the other countries - both in regards to costume making and events we are doing.
Also, having a forum of our own will make it easier for us to have casual and non-RL related chat, which we severely lack at the moment.

I would like to do a run of base patches now that we have finalized the design of our logo. This may lead to more types of merchandise if there is an interest among the members, and this is one of the things I hope we can discuss in the coming months.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Nordic Base - Wampa's Cave -> Nordic Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: