Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8f97de978da91f6161cc0ee37e8a1402Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Great Lakes Base -> Great Lakes Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Janqui ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

I'd love to do this one. I'll have to see what happens with the weather & at home. I'll put tentative for me to come. I need to check with a few people here at home. I'll know much more after Christmas.

I'd be an Old Republic  ep 1 or 2 Jedi Padawan Learner. If I can make it I could possibly do a frozen on stage, so long as it isn't frozen for a long period of time.  On stage would  f/x lightsabers be used or just for the meet & greet? Or no f/x lightsabers wanted. I've got the  MR F/X Luke Skywalker Return of the Jedi Lightsaber.

If I'm able to come I would have to stay someplace because I'd be in Detroit for the whole event & I could probably participate in all the concerts as needed as a Jedi. I am not able to do the dueling due a shoulder problem.  Maybe 1-2 comps.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JediDWH (Lisa Curtis)
Sunrider Base CO
Sunrider Base CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:41 am    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

It's looking like I'll be on-campus for this, so if I could get a ride from anyone who happens to be passing through Oberlin, I could do it. If not, my heart won't be broken, since I'll be doing a group animation project and I shouldn't leave my group for long, anyway.

But, for the record, I'll probably be around. And learning to drive! And animating my little heart out. So I can hop over in my Padme costume for whatever nights someone can take me.
MiraxTHorn (Carrie Ivey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

Jedi would be fine,Pat. Just let me know when you can say more definitely. It won't be RL people dueling, so no worries there.

Lisa - Padme is tricky since that's what I'll probably be wearing. Any other canon options?

Matt - Could you send out a Base-wide email about this in the near future?

So far, we've only got 3 definite Rebels for this event. Are you all checking your calendars? Please, please, please!! Any of the more unique face characters (Han, Chewie, Obi-Wan, etc) would be really great!

Regards,

M.

Janqui ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

Thanks. Will do as soon as I know. I've started to mention it at home but after Christmas I should know a lot more. Glad about the dueling part.

Is there a hotel real close by to this event that I can check on? Walking distance, if possible.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JediDWH (Lisa Curtis)
Sunrider Base CO
Sunrider Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

Other options? Well... I could work my Jedi up into something more formal. Mainly what I need is a good quality belt (which is hard to find in my budget and my size, since most Jedi are not bean poles) and a lightsaber (which is on order at RandomSabers). I had a lead on the belt, too, which I should resume looking into. Otherwise, I just have the Padme, and two EU costumes. So unless they're interested in having an obscure Sith from a computer game wandering around, which I assume is not the case... upgrading the Jedi would be my only option. Feasible, and I was planning on it anyway, but this will just bump the timeframe up. Hopefully my budget will comply.
Princess Dee ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

[QUOTE

So far, we've only got 3 definite Rebels for this event. Are you all checking your calendars? Please, please, please!!

[/QUOTE]

My calendar is clear but, I'll have to have a place to crash!!

If someone is willing to take in a rebel for a couple of nights I might be able to come up for Friday and Saturday. Let me know.

I'll bring my parade gown.

Deidra
MiraxTHorn (Carrie Ivey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

Dee - You'd be welcome to stay with Jason and I! Any chance of another canon costume option? I'll PM you.

Regards,

M.
Gypsy3p0 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

Hey guys, I just joined the Legion (finally). I live about half an hour outside Detroit and would love to get in on the festivities. As of right now, the only costume I can offer would be my Padme White Battle Suit. Hopefully it's good enough.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MiraxTHorn (Carrie Ivey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

Welcome to the Midwest Base, Lita! It's great to have another Michigander, too!

We've got a Padme problem, though. There are too many of us.

After consulting with our fearless leader, we've decided to open this up to a small variety of Padme costumes.

* If you have a more generic costume, please opt for that!

* If not, we'll try to make sure the Padmes are spread out and switch spots whenever possible.

* No duplicate Padmes and probably no more than 2-3 total.

I've also created a DSO Participation Spreadsheet. If you are volunteering, please provide the information shown. (And check me on accuracy, if I've already got you on there.)

Regards,

M.

Princess Dee ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 6 (View more...)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

Carrie,

Just now reading the thread. I PMed you.

With a place to crash I'll do everything I can to be there for Friday and Saturday! (Including starting a handmaiden costume incase I don't work out as an Amidala.)

Deidra
Gypsy3p0 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

As of right now, the only costume I have to offer is my Padme one. I'm a total newbie to the costuming scene, and only have one costume. Plus I have very limited funds and little sewing experience, so I don't know what other costumes I could do.

If we really want less on Padme, and someone's willing to help me make a costume or even lend me one, then I'll go for that.

As for dates, the only one I cannot go to would be Thursday morning, since I have classes. The other ones I should be able to do without a problem. :-)

And if any girls really need a place to stay, if they don't mind a couch or an air mattress, I think they'd be welcome at my place. I have 3 roomies, but they have friends come over at 3am on Wednesdays, so I don't think they'll care.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
neutron_force ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

I'll be there:

Wed., Jan 18th - 7:30PM

Fri., Jan. 20th - 8:30PM
Sat., Jan 21st - 8:30PM

Jedi
suzanne
*need one comp. ticket for each date shown

MiraxTHorn (Carrie Ivey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

Ok, I've got you on the list, Suzanne.  Thanks!

We're woefully short on Rebels (as usual), especially those who are available to be on stage.  If anyone out there is still considering this (and I'm hoping you are!!!!), please let me know asap!  We're trying to set up the scenes that we can perform, but without Rebels, we're severely limited.

Regards,

M.

joe7049 ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:36 am    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

Greetings, I looked at this and immedialtely got excited! I live in Watertown, WI which is right between Madison and Milwaukee. I could go to this as I can take PTO off from work. I do not enjoy the prospect of possibly having to go through Chicago however. I can do whatever you need me to do. My costume is an Ep.II version of Anakin Skywalker I just have to finish up my new cloak and it will be ready. Like others though I would still  need a place to regenerate as as most humans I do sleep.   If there is anyone in my area who would like to carpool or anyone near the route I will be taking who will need a ride I could possibly do that.

By the way, I know one droid builder but I don't know if he will want to go all the way to Detroit...

joe7049 ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:18 am    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

It may be that I had too much sugar, but this is even more exciting to me than X-mas! Is it time yet? Can I go yet?  I want to wear my costume! *bouncing off of walls*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Great Lakes Base -> Great Lakes Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: