About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=713676ff4b4355e7c2800f18c09f81e5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Great Lakes Base -> Great Lakes Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MiraxTHorn (Carrie Ivey)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

*Updated 1-09-06*

I've created a really long document which has all the latest updates and (hopefully) the answers to most questions.  Please carefully read through  http://www.gotarmor.net/dso/DSO%20Update%20Details.htm to see if you have any questions.

There is still time to sign up for anyone who might still be on the fence (Glances around hopefully!)  but the deadline is Tuesday, Jan. 17th.

*Updated 1-03-06*

Here's a List of the Frozen Scenes we are suggesting be performed during the concerts. We're pretty limited on face characters, so if you have any additional suggestions, please keep that in mind.

Please double check your info on the Participation Spreadsheet (link below). I want to make sure I've got all the right dates, available costumes, etc. for everyone.

Concrete details on parking, arrival times and assignments for onstage costumes, etc. coming as soon as I get it from the DSO, probably late next week.

Thanks!

*Updated 11-10-05*
A couple small updates:

I've put together a DSO Participation Spreadsheet.
*Please check me for accuracy if you've already volunteered.
*If you are newly signing up, please provide the info listed on the sheet.

We've got a Padme Problem. There are too many of us! After consulting with Matt, we've decided to allow 2-3 Padmes wearing different costumes to be placed in different areas of the venue.
*If you have a non-face costume (Jedi, X-Wing pilot, etc.), PLEASE wear that instead.
*If not, then we'll have to see who can attend which nights before we decide which Padmes will appear.

*Updated 11-4-05*
I met yesterday with our contact at the Detroit Symphony Orchestra to start planning for this event. The DSO is thrilled to have us involved and I really hope we can put on a great display for them! They also know that we might not be able to get the same costumes for each concert and they are fine with that. Whatever we can do will be greatly appreciated.

We will have two basic duties:
1. Greeting concert goers in the Atrium before the show and during intermission.
2. Providing on-stage characters to do 'frozen scenes' to help illustrate the musical selections.

This will be a canon/formal event for both the 501st and RL with possibly a few local Fan Force people asked to help because of available costumes - Aurra Sing, etc. One 'face' character visible at one time. We will probably be able to use more than one of certain costumes (Vader) each night though since one could do the lobby work and another the on-stage portion (if we have more than one available.)

FYI - They filled the narration part with someone the DSO has used in the past. She didn't tell me his name, but he is not a SW personality.

The schedule is as follows:
REQUIRED Rehearsal for all On Stage Characters with Orchestra
Wed., Jan 18th - 7:30PM

Concert Schedule (We are to be in costume ONE HOUR PRIOR to each concert)
Thurs., Jan. 19th - 10:45AM
Thurs., Jan. 19th - 8:00PM
Fri., Jan. 20th - 8:30PM
Sat., Jan 21st - 8:30PM
Sun., Jan 22nd - 3:00PM

There is a possibility a morning show on Saturday may be added. (Nothing was mentioned about this yesterday.)

For our participation, it looks like the DSO will make a charitable donation on our behalf and offer comp tickets to this show or another DSO event. She has asked how many comp tickets we think we would like and to let her know soon about that. Parking passes and changing rooms will be also be provided. We will also be allowed to have tables for 501st/RL in the lobby to promote our groups.

A couple other things she mentioned:
- There will most likely be some promotional opportunities available - either print or tv news.
- They will probably be encouraging the audience to dress in costume and having us help facilitate a costume contest during intermission.
- They would like a lightsaber duel on stage. I'm currently contacting Ring of Steel for that. If you know of other groups who specialize in swordplay that I should check with, please let me know.
- The DSO would also love to have an R2 there. Do we have any local R2 Builders with a finished unit? I will get in contact with that group, too.
- There might be some kind of costume parade during one piece. She's checking with the conductor on that.

Information I need from you all:
- Which concerts you could attend and which costumes you could wear. Would you like to be one of the onstage characters? (Don't forget: onstage=required rehearsal on Wed.) I know you might not be able to make totally firm commitments at this point, so please indicate - certain, likely or maybe for each concert so I can at least get an idea.
- How many comps would you like and for which shows? Please be reasonable in your request - 1-2 tickets per costumer per night participating. If you'd prefer a different show, please say which one and I can check availability with her.
- Would you have space and willingness to host any out-of-town 501/RL members?
- Any other ideas, suggestions or things I might have forgotten.

I know we're still 2.5 months from this event, but with Thanksgiving, Fest of Trees and Christmas, I'd like to get a good start on this before Holiday madness overtakes us!

DSO event website - http://www.detroitsymphony.com/main.taf?erube_fh=dso&dso.submit.getEvent=1&dso.eventId=1559

Thank you!
M.

JediDWH (Lisa Curtis)
Sunrider Base CO
Sunrider Base CO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

Hmmm, I will be back in Michigan for Winter Term during this time (at which point I'll be learning to drive, which will be insanity in the winter). So I'll put myself in for a "possibly," with my Tatooine Padme.
lavagrrrl (Susie Leopold)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:16 am    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

Very cool event, I'll do my best to be there.

JediDWH (Lisa Curtis)
Sunrider Base CO
Sunrider Base CO

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

I had a random thought while I was at work today- I'm not much good at the theatre stuff, but I am an orchestra person. So if they'd like a costumed instrumentalist on stage, I can tote my beloved viola along with me. And I can play in both my costumes, too. Even wore the black Jedi robes in an orchestra pit once.
jedimom ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

I will try to plan to be tehre since i have in-laws in northern suburbs
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

Did they say where the concerts will be held?

Thanks!

MiraxTHorn (Carrie Ivey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:45 am    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

She didn't say where, but I'm presuming at the Max downtown. I'll double-check that next time I talk to her.

Regards,

M.
Krash ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

I've got 7 years journalism experience (including on-air reporting) if you need someone in costume to do some narration...I'd be interested. Might not be able to make it for EVERY night (I can do the weekend for sure) and I'd need a place to crash.

MiraxTHorn (Carrie Ivey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

Geoff - Sorry I didn't see your post about possible narrating until today! I think they are looking for someone to do all of the shows and be available for the rehearsal on Wed, too. But, I'd be glad to pass your info on, if you want me to. You'd probably need to put it in the form of a resume.

Regards,

M.
MiraxTHorn (Carrie Ivey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

I just wanted to get this thread back up near the top.  With Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up, I'd just like to get everyone thinking about this event before it's upon us.  Please, please, please mark your calendars!  We really want to put on a good show here in Detroit for this one!

I'll be talking to my contact at the DSO next week, so we should have some more details to get started with planning.

Michigan Folks - Please also think about whether you might be able to host some of our out-of-state guests. 

Regards,

M.

MiraxTHorn (Carrie Ivey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

Updates in the first post. 

Please read carefully and respond asap.

Regards,

M.

hofmann (Matt Hofmann)
Mos Espa Base CO
Mos Espa Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

sticking
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

I responded on the MWG, but I suppose it can't hurt to do it twice.

I'm available for all shows. I would prefer to costume as Senatorial Leia. I would like to have version 2 of Bespin Escape Leia (with possible Hoth vest) by then, but I won't count on it.

I'm willing to do the stage thing if I don't have to talk.

MiraxTHorn (Carrie Ivey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

Good deal, Susie! I was hopiing you'd be willing to be on stage! They can't play "Leia's Theme" without a Leia!

Regards,

M.
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: MI - DSO SW Concerts - January 19-22, 2006 Reply with quote

It absolutely kills me to say that I have prior commitments that weekend...and won't be able to make this event...

you guys will have an awesome time....

I hope to be up to Detroit for the St. Pat's Day Parade...I will just have to be happy with that...

Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Great Lakes Base -> Great Lakes Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: