Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4d6453411a66b54089d6f8fc5c5a241eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Encounters Convention Wichita, KS 10/19-21/2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base -> Dantooine Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oddball ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Encounters Convention Wichita, KS 10/19-21/2012
Event from Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:00 pm to Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:00 pm

Name of Event: Encounters Convention
Event Begins: Fri, Oct 19 2012 3:00 PM
Event Ends: Sun, Oct 21, 2012 05:00 pm
Location of Event:
Holiday Inn East
549 South Rock Road
Wichita, Kansas 67207
http://www.encounterscon.com/Index.html

Way the event is connected to Star Wars: It's a Sci Fi Convention!

Will there be a place for troopers to change? Private Rooms or The Hotel Restrooms

Will there be a secure place for troopers to store their storage tubs while trooping the event? Can be arranged with private room holders or stowed in vehicles.

Will family/friends be allowed to attend the event? Yes

Are cameras allowed and can we take pictures at the event? Yes

Are weapons allowed on the costumes? Yes

Is there a special place to park at the event? Does parking cost? The hotel has ample parking available in its parking lot. The Green Mill restaurant adjacent to the hotel also has additional parking as well.

If appropriate, can we have a table with flyers and information about the Rebel Legion/Dantooine Base? Yes

Are 501st/Jedi Assembly/FanForce costumed members requested too? 501st will have their own table. Other groups can email guests@encounterscon.com to arrange for their own tables

How many costumed members are requested? The More the Merrier!

Will lodging be provided by the local troopers for garrison members travelling a great distance? The con is at Holiday Inn. You can book your room at the special con rate by going here: http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/en/wichita/ictks/hoteldetail?groupCode=SFI . If crash space is needed contact a local trooper.

Additional information or comments: This is the First year for this con & they have Tom Cane coming down. Until 10-1-12, 3-day pre-registration tickets are $26.50 10-1, they go up to the door price of $30.00. If you're looking to defray the cost of admission for the Con, you can find more information on volunteering for Encounters at this link: http://www.encounterscon.com/volunteer.html
oddball ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we made the Wichita Eagle.
http://www.kansas.com/2012/10/21/2540757/convention-offered-encounters.html
had to wear my 70th shirt in the pics on Sunday as my 2 generic SW shirts were dirty from the other 2 days. Very Happy Tusken Raid
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oddball wrote:
Well, we made the Wichita Eagle.
http://www.kansas.com/2012/10/21/2540757/convention-offered-encounters.html
had to wear my 70th shirt in the pics on Sunday as my 2 generic SW shirts were dirty from the other 2 days. Very Happy Tusken Raid

Who's the pilot, I don't recognize him...

Dantooine Base: Keeping flyover country Imperial-free since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zazarus (David Scheffner)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven Blowers, I have seen it a couple of time from pictures on facebook, I think its not up to CRL standards yet to submit. I can't be sure but I think I heard he is using like a costume base vest right now, but I know it looks like its close to be being done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base -> Dantooine Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: