About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2ad225072440afd9482dd1f3bc18d651Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Princess Leia Endor Q & A
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leia (Vera Campbell)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leia's poncho is more green than Han's or Luke's, I've got to check again to see if the Generic troops wear Leia's color scheme or Luke's, but I see some of the troopers wear the brighter greens.

I used the Design Master paints you can find at Michael's crafts, and for Leia I used October Brown, Ivory, Basil, and Hunter green. I recently tested Luke and Han's scheme, not sure what the tutorial says, but I used October Brown, Ivory and Moss green for that one.

I need to darken mine up. If you wash it, the paint becomes soft, but the color fades, so I noted if you go over it again and wash it, it darkens up.

rebelshaven.blogspot.com
verdaera.deviantart.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like Leia's got Trooper colors, but with brown added, too.

Here's the Design Master website, scroll down toward the bottom for the colors (which are actually a bit brighter in real life than on my monitor)

http://www.dmcolor.com/products/

For my own Trooper pants and jacket, I used Moss Green, Olive Bright, Basil, Hunter Green, and a little Holiday Green.

I don't think that's Moss Green on Vera's poncho, it looks too light, more like Hunter green, to me. The Moss is pretty dark.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Loreen wrote:

I don't think that's Moss Green on Vera's poncho, it looks too light, more like Hunter green, to me. The Moss is pretty dark.

Yep, Hunter Green and Basil green on mine Smile I wish design master made more browns though, I would have liked a lighter one for Leia and more brown shades for the Luke/Han scheme.

rebelshaven.blogspot.com
verdaera.deviantart.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Taeriel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome- thanks for the info!!
Taeriel's costume page
Taeriel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you still sew the material after you've painted it? Or do you have to finish all sewing first? I noticed in Vera's pictures that it looked as though the hood wasn't attached yet, but wasn't sure if it was just hidden underneath out of site. If I can sew after painting, then I can paint both the outer layer and the lining at the same time. Smile
Taeriel's costume page
Leia (Vera Campbell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, it's attached, it just was sitting too smooth in that pic. You probably can sew it after it's painted, but it would be noticible because your camo pattern would be broken up, unless you re-sprayed afterwards.

I kind of like that I had to do it in two days, one for front, one for back, because I found my arms and fingers huuuurt after all that painting, you may find you need the rest anyway.

rebelshaven.blogspot.com
verdaera.deviantart.com
Taeriel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, thanks for pointing that out. I didn't think about the continuity of the camo pattern... just the fact that I was hoping to get it done by Thurs. Smile

Thanks for all the information and your advice on this!
Taeriel's costume page
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leia wrote:

I kind of like that I had to do it in two days, one for front, one for back, because I found my arms and fingers huuuurt after all that painting, you may find you need the rest anyway.

Ouch! I'm sorry to have to put you through that a second time, Ver.

Embarassed

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Leia (Vera Campbell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedHead wrote:
Leia wrote:

Ouch! I'm sorry to have to put you through that a second time, Ver.

Embarassed

No worries, I make myself sore all the time doing projects, it comes with the territory Wink

rebelshaven.blogspot.com
verdaera.deviantart.com
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Vera, you've done some fantastic work! I've decided to rush this costume together for CV - couldn't pass up the opportunity to take a photo on the speeder bike at Disney World and have this for the last tour to Endor Party Smile

This is a general question about the wrist com devise for the LCJs. I will not have time to scratch build one before CV, but would certainly like to attempt it at a later date. If we get a digital style wrist watch with silver face, a large digital screen, and black band would it be acceptable by RL standards? This was about the closest I could find that wouldn't break the bank (not worth it to get a 50 or 100 dollar watch) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0025Y4RFI/ref=oss_product

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Princess Leia Organa (Lori)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathy, the watch looks close enough (mainly the shape and the black band) that I would say it would be acceptable Wink I have something similar that I use.

Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lori, I looked at just about every digital men's watch on Amazon! There was a cool 'photo' watch that was even closer, but it was 50 dollars.

One day I'll make a replica, but for CV I'm taking whatever short cuts I can Wink I pray I get it done!

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:
Wow Vera, you've done some fantastic work! I've decided to rush this costume together for CV - couldn't pass up the opportunity to take a photo on the speeder bike at Disney World and have this for the last tour to Endor Party Smile

And don't forget the speeder bike and Endor bunker entrance at CV!

Wink

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Princess Leia Organa (Lori)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you'll get it done Kathy! Leia Buns

Actually it will be simple enough to get a pic on the speederbike. Ewok However the Endor Bunker is now the stage setting for the Jedi Academy & Hoopla. They don't let anyone up there for pics. Sorry Sad

JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Princess Leia Organa wrote:

Actually it will be simple enough to get a pic on the speederbike. Ewok However the Endor Bunker is now the stage setting for the Jedi Academy & Hoopla. They don't let anyone up there for pics. Sorry Sad

Oops! Embarassed Sorry, I was referring to the bunker and speeder bike inside the convention, made by our Belgian friends.

Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: