About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d61e21dceaa6613e558b9cae4df058c6Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Tucson Downtown Parade of Lights - December 15, 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base -> Mos Eisley Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (3)

(3)

(4)

User Registered Confirmed
StarSkywalkerFri Sep 21, 2012 7:27 pm
thatsMISTERwookieeSun Oct 28, 2012 5:57 pm
Turlow LeeFri Dec 07, 2012 9:45 pmFri Dec 07, 2012 9:45 pm
Lady Jedi CarenixWed Sep 19, 2012 11:17 pm
Jahpor MoongrazerSat Oct 06, 2012 5:03 pm
RhidelSilpheedSat Oct 06, 2012 5:27 pm
Lord ParsecMon Nov 12, 2012 4:53 am
Darkshifter82Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:34 pm
Granny-WanSun Dec 09, 2012 8:39 pm
MnlymnWed Dec 12, 2012 3:53 pm
Granny-Wan (Marie Cannon)
Mos Eisley Base XO
Mos Eisley Base  XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Tucson Downtown Parade of Lights - December 15, 2012
Event starting Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:00 am for 2 hours

Quote:
Here it is, the Tucson Downtown Parade of Lights! Come entertain about 30000 people! We are an insane hit! every year, and everyone is invited, kids, adults, gonk's, droids, druids, Mando's etc!!

DETAILS UPDATED! See Dustin's post below!

Last edited by Granny-Wan (Marie Cannon) on Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
StarSkywalker ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If my Mando is done I will be wearing that, otherwise I will wear my pilot.

Cindy
Lady Jedi Carenix ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My work schedule hasn't been posted that far in advance yet but there's a good chance I'll have to work that Saturday. Sad

"Curiosity has gotten me into trouble all my life." -Aischros, Baltimore, or, The Steadfast Tin Soldier and the Vampire

*Cricket, Cricket*
TK-5647 (Dustin)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STAGING INFO: PENDING

ROUTE: http://www.downtowntucson.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Official-2012-Parade-Route1.pdf

CHANGING AREA:

Option 1:

Tucson Police Main Station

270 S. Stone
*Avoid the Broadway/COnress Exit* it will be difficult to get there due to construction, and parade closures.

Id recommend anyone coming in get off on the 22nd St exit and go east (left). Then take a left onto 6th ave, and go north until you se th ePOlice Station. We are changing at my Main Police Statin at 270 S. Stone again. Staging is still pending, but its usually just a walking disatance from the station.

Im the only one that can get us in and out so Ill be there early to do that. If anyone is arriving late leme know so I dont leave the statin too soon.

This is my workplace, please be respectful to it, so I dont get into trouble and we get banned.

Park anywhere you can around the station

Remeber this is a NO BLASTERS EVENT. We epecially dont want to bring them into the police station, it could be.....bad

Option 2:

Wait until we find out where we are staging for the parade (the info is coming) and park near there, and change at your car. Walk over to staging.

Remember this is a light parade, and one year the announcers called us a "dark entry" so if you can get strands of portable lights from Target etc go for it. Lightsabers encouraged.
Granny-Wan (Marie Cannon)
Mos Eisley Base XO
Mos Eisley Base  XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the update! Very Happy
Mnlymn (Mike Little)
Mos Eisley Base CO
Mos Eisley Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't make it this year.

Have fun!
RL Trading Card: Series 1, Number 44
RL Trading Card: Series 3, Number 137

"I feel the need...the need for Rebellion!"
TK-5647 (Dustin)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok final update!

things are messed up due to construction, so here are this years instructions. Things should be back to normal next year!

Here it is, the Tucson Downtown Parade of Lights! Come entertain about 30000 people! We are an insane hit! every year, and everyone is invited, kids, adults, gonk's, droids, druids, Mando's etc!!

STAGING INFO: Staging will take place along the north and south side of Franklin Street, the east and west side of Meyer Avenue, 9th Avenue and the Franklin Lot. Staging begins at 4:30pm.

All entries will meet at the corner of Church and Franklin to be placed in the staging line-up.

That means we wnt know where we ar ein the line up until Chris gets to the staging are with the truck!

SO, IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO USE THE POLCIE STATION WE WILL NEED To SHUTTLE YOU TO THE STAGING AREA. MY TRUCK CAN HOLD ABOUT 4-5 IN THE BED, SO BRING YOUR OWN VEHICLE.

OTHERWISE IF YOU CAN CHANGE AT YOUR CAR TRY AND PARK IN THE PARKING LOTS (ONE IS DIRT) ON THE SOUTH EAST CORNER OF 6TH AND STONE (N ECHOLS ST RSN RIGHT BETWEEN THE DIRT LOT AND ANOTHE RPAKRING LOT. AND WALK TO THE STAGING ARE TOT HE WEST ACROSS STONE AD UNDER THE BRIDGE (SEE WHERE ALL THE CARS ARE PARKED ON THIS MAP?

OTHERWISE PARK ANYWHERE ON STONE NORTH OF 6TH STREET AND WALK INTO THE STAGING AREA.
https://maps.google.com/?ll=32.226661,-110.971892&spn=0.003401,0.003449&t=h&z=18

ROUTE: http://www.downtowntucson.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Official-2012-Parade-Route1.pdf

CHANGING AREA:

Option 1:

Tucson Police Main Station

270 S. Stone
*Avoid the Broadway/COnress Exit* it will be difficult to get there due to construction, and parade closures.

Id recommend anyone coming in get off on the 22nd St exit and go east (left). Then take a left onto 6th ave, and go north until you se th ePOlice Station. We are changing at my Main Police Statin at 270 S. Stone again. Staging is still pending, but its usually just a walking disatance from the station.

Im the only one that can get us in and out so Ill be there early to do that. If anyone is arriving late leme know so I dont leave the statin too soon.

This is my workplace, please be respectful to it, so I dont get into trouble and we get banned.

Park anywhere you can around the station

Remeber this is a NO BLASTERS EVENT. We epecially dont want to bring them into the police station, it could be.....bad wink2

Option 2:
Change at your car and walk into the staging area (see above).

Remember this is a light parade, and one year the announcers called us a "dark entry" so if you can get strands of portable lights from Target etc go for it. Lightsabers encouraged.

I will be at th police station at about 4, call me if you need help!

520-409-5361

Last edited by TK-5647 (Dustin) on Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
TK-5647 (Dustin)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are changng at your car and dont need the police station for storage, then park in the lot on the south east corner of Stone, and 6th St. Just before the bridge, make a left on 6th and its on your immediate right. The staging area (where we actually find out where we are in the line up) is right across the street. Just walk across Stone Ave and there should be a crowd and parade personnell visible on the southwest corner of 6th and Stone

Use Google earth it is your friend and call me if you need anything! If you are using the police station and can help shuttle people to the staging are that would be a huge help. Otherwise Ill be at the station by 345. Thanks again for coming I know its going to be cold, but it will be a blast
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base -> Mos Eisley Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: