About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1b0630076f1a0556ff29f2dacdf43714Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Museum replicas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
contemark ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Museum replicas Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone has ordered or received the Luke Skywalker Complete Jedi Costume from Museum Replicas. clonetrooper clonetrooper javascript:emoticon('clonetrooper')
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a review of it in here somewhere.

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7678

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MadKidJedi (Dean Amsler)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for thread-jumping, but... this seemed the best place for this.

I had a few extra bux in my PayPal recently, and came across an eBay auction for the Museum Replicas Luke Ceremonial jacket, which as you may know, comes with a Medal of Yavin as well. At a mere $89.99(!!!!) Buy-It-Now it was too low to pass up. When it arrived days later, I was blown away. I mean, the jacket's pretty nice... not bad for a replica (not at THAT price), but hands down, the best part was the Medal... Made of actual METAL, it has a really nice weight and feel and the finish is shiny but not too shiny... and in the end I feel like I bought a Yavin Medal for far less than the Master Replicas medal ever went for (though the A-frame presentation box was pretty sweet...), and got the jacket thrown in for free. Kinda kool, when you factor in that I originally WAS searching for the "Medal of Yavin" when I spotted the jacket auction in the search results. WIN-WIN!!

SIDE NOTE: There are A LOT of the jacket/medal combos on eBay right now, most of them far less than the original retail of around $250 that they originally retailed at! The seller I got mine from had another at $89, too...
MadKidJedi (Dean Amsler)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*** NOT, I repeat, NOT SHILLING for EE or anyone... ***

...but just in case anyone wanted to gift the Luke Ceremonial jacket to themselves or a Rebel on their holiday shopping list... Can't beat this deal.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=UC770027%20%20MEDIUM#desc

MTFBWY!!
Red Queen ()
Anatolia Outpost CO
Anatolia Outpost CO

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, can someone tell if the Museum Replicas Luke Skywalker costume is acceptable for membership or not? Will there be any modifications required? What is the stance of the Legion on this?
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Queen wrote:
So, can someone tell if the Museum Replicas Luke Skywalker costume is acceptable for membership or not? Will there be any modifications required? What is the stance of the Legion on this?

If I'm not mistaken, only the Death Star version (minus vest and sash) is acceptable.

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JeroenM ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I heard too. It is propably stated on the forum here somewhere, but i don't know where exactly.
_Master_Skywalker_ ()
Active Legion Member

Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedHead wrote:
Red Queen wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, only the Death Star version (minus vest and sash) is acceptable.

I'm not sure it is actually stated anywhere as such, but yes, that is correct. The Death Star Version is approvable & the Jedi tunic is not. There are far far better fan made ones in the Rebel Legion than the tunic Museum Replica's turned out Mad

TJ ()
Canadian Base XO
Canadian Base XO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Master_Skywalker_ wrote:
JedHead wrote:
Red Queen wrote:

I'm not sure it is actually stated anywhere as such, but yes, that is correct. The Death Star Version is approvable & the Jedi tunic is not. There are far far better fan made ones in the Rebel Legion than the tunic Museum Replica's turned out Mad

Well at least they got part of the total costume right, and approvable. Smile
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Museum Replicas is no longer selling Star Wars costumes.

Lauphen_Staar ()

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the MR Yavin jacket acceptable without modifications?
Jidaigeki ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Luke rotj MR and it is a good costum Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: