About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2963b9e8fe5013eebadd56944bb47528Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Light the Night Walk for Cancer Research

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base -> Dantooine Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gius Maximus (Rich Heffernan)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Light the Night Walk for Cancer Research
Event from Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:30 pm to Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:59 am

Name of Event: LLS Light the Night Walk
Event Begins: Fri, Oct 5, 2012 05:30 pm
Event Ends: Fri, Oct 5, 2012 08:00 pm
Location of Event:
Cleveland Chiropractic College
10850 Lowell Ave.
Overland Park, KS

Way the event is connected to Star Wars: Promoting Star Wars in the community

Will there be a place for troopers to change? Possibly

Will there be a secure place for troopers to store their storage tubs while trooping the event? No - leave bin in the car

Will family/friends be allowed to attend the event? Yes

Are cameras allowed and can we take pictures at the event? Yes

Are weapons allowed on the costumes? Yes

Is there a special place to park at the event? Does parking cost? Parking lot at venue as well as surrounding lots

If appropriate, can we have a table with flyers and information about the 501st/70th Explorers? No

Are Rebel Legion/Jedi Assembly/FanForce costumed members requested too? Yes

How many costumed members are requested? 15-20

Will lodging be provided by the local troopers for garrison members travelling a great distance? NO

Additional information or comments: From the organizer:

"15th annual walk to fight cancer. You've helped us in the
past and we'd love to have you back! The event begins with a carnival which
goes from 5:30 until 8pm and is followed by the walk. We have families and
corporate teams that participate. We have a tent that your participants
could use to change but it would not be secure to leave their belongings.
We could make arrangements to store any of their personal items but would
need to have a conversation to determine the needs. I hope you are able to
join us again this year!"

They would like as many of us there and ready to troop by 5:30pm as possible, but do understand that this will be limited to our ability to fit this into our work schedules. But we should definitely be ready to go by 6:00pm. The event officially begins with a small carnival and various other activities. The walk itself is scheduled to begin at 7:45pm with a small fireworks display, and then the walkers will begin their 5K walk, and we will likely wrap up at that point.

There will be a map of the area around the Cleveland Chiropractic College that will show where to park, as well as the walk route. Some of the roads around the area will be temporarily closed down during the walk (and these should be shown on a future map closer to the event date), so please keep that in mind if you might need to leave early. There also will be a 10' by 10' tent available for costume changes, but as this will be open to all of the costumers there, I would count on changing at your vehicles. Bottled water will be available, as well. I will keep everyone updated when more information comes down.

1. Terry Handshy
2. Bruce Cottingham
3. Andy Shimamoto
4. Dave Scheffner

Last edited by Gius Maximus (Rich Heffernan) on Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zazarus (David Scheffner)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark e down as a yes for this, not sure what I will be doing yet but with the time frame I'm pretty sure it will involve a lightsaber. Very Happy
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try; if my mom comes to town soon enough to pick up Roslyn for me then I can come over after work; but if I have to go get her this would be over by the time I could get back down there...

Dantooine Base: Keeping flyover country Imperial-free since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So apparently my ex's company has something to do with putting this on, and she'll be helping out with the event. And she'll have Marcus with her. So if he's up for it, am I OK to bring his costume and let him troop along with us?

Dantooine Base: Keeping flyover country Imperial-free since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base -> Dantooine Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: