About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d3ba1fd701b7b8bbdd390b254f91653fMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Farghul X-wing pilot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> X-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RogueThirteen ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:38 am    Post subject: Farghul X-wing pilot Reply with quote

Hello, Rebel Friends! Would you like to have a Farghul pilot in RLSC? I vow never leave my friends and fight against our enemies to death! THEIR death... Mr. Green

Also, as befits true-born Farghul, I love play sabacc, tell jokes and have fun!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The "pilot part" of this costume is a typical X-wing set (the same as in my human pilot costume, so it's 100% formal). The "Farghul part" contains cat-like ears, tail, gloves with claws, some jewellery (all these made by myself Mr. Green) and face painting. I'll try to put more images tomorrow. Making this, I've patterned upon Jan Duursema's drawings ("Republic: Show of Force") and images from "Alien Antology".

The question is: Can I register this costume as formal? We haven't got any Farghul as yet...
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, that's pretty cool. Nice job on this.

Personally, I wouldn't have any problems accepting this costume, assuming it met the "alien requirements" where it looks like the species it represents (which I think it does). But I can't speak for the other judges.

I must admit that this would be a great species for someone who wanted to do a more unusual, perhaps "animal-like" species, but didn't want to bother with digigrade legs.

For those who aren't familiar with Farghul... http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Farghul

B-wing Pilot - Anomid Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mara Skywalker (Anna)
Nordic Base CO
Nordic Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looooooove Farghuls! Nice idea Smile

Mynocks deliver Babies
jedimasterbatty (Björn Westin)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Awesome pilot! Cool
HazardThree (Jon Paulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say go ahead and try to submit as formal ... but when you do, include links to references for the alien parts. Usually how it works is that the Pilot LCJs handle the clothes, and the Fringe LCJs comment on the alien bits. They're harder to convince than we are.

... and as for more alien pilots for the RLSC? Dance Chewie

Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HazardThree wrote:

... and as for more alien pilots for the RLSC? Dance Chewie

My Shistavanen B-wing pilot will feel right at home.Cool
...Once I finish my other costumes.

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lora Skywalker ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Farghul. Cool

And now I want to make one. Very cool species. I wonder if facial fur is required as opposed to face paint?

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
RogueThirteen ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HazardThree wrote:
I say go ahead and try to submit as formal ... but when you do, include links to references for the alien parts. Usually how it works is that the Pilot LCJs handle the clothes, and the Fringe LCJs comment on the alien bits. They're harder to convince than we are.

Thank you for the advice. I'll create a Farghul topic in "Rebel Supporters" section and put there pictures of "Farghul part" of my costume.

Now, about "pilot part": as I've written previously, it shares parts with my human pilot costume, so it contains:
- orange flightsuit with all required pockets

- flak vest (ANH design)

-grey webbing and belt with roll-pin buckle and mini-flares

-chestbox (made with a special styrofoam pane from shop with articles for modellers and artists)

-three code cyllinders (made with duralumin - and yes, I can hide something inside Mr. Green)

- compad

- leg flares with holster

- black engineer boots (Bundeswehra design Mr. Green)

-black gloves (OK, I can't put them on my claws... so I carry them on my belt, like Wedge at the Endor party. But I plan to make the new ones, compatible with Farghul paws)

- AAAND - my Jawa Ratlook DL-44 (made with toy M-32) with fancy holster

All these things (but the suit, the cyllinders and, of course, boots) are made by myself. I hope they are still in accordance with standards?
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything looks good to go to me in the pilot area. Nice job.

I wouldn't worry too much about the gloves, honestly. Tucking them into your belt is fine, but really, whenever I see a picture of an alien pilot they rarely have gloves at all. But you'd probably need some references to prove that-- which wouldn't be too hard to find, but still...

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
Lora Skywalker ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I'm popping into Supporters to follow the discussion on the Farghul. Smile I love aliens and think we should have many more in RL.

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
RogueThirteen ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, here: http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=553547#553547 Smile

EDIT: So, I may not register my Farghul as formal Rebel Supporter because of not enough pictures in the sources.

Are there any obstacles to register it as formal pilot?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> X-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: